DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Summer 2015

Jiji

Big name transfer for the Bundesliga. Will be interesting to see how he fares. He is not my favourite character in world football, but could be a good deal for Bayern. Vidal already played Bundesliga for Leverkusen, so he shouldn´t get any type of culture shock.

In other Bundesliga news, this year´s TV deal marks a new record for the two German top divisions. Both, 1. and 2. Bundesliga, get 850 million Euros in total, with last year´s champions Bayern getting the most of it. Not much compared with BPL´s new deal, of course. But it´s about 133 million Euros more than last years´ tv money contract contained. Added to that, there has been quite a lot of talk about changing match schedules with Monday games etc. Which annoys me already, despite just being talks as of now.

City - big club :)

CC6cb4X.jpg

From what I understand a lot of people hate city because of their rebranding of Melbourne Hearts to city jr. Watching one of their games you will notice the supporters section almost entirely clad in the old color of red. The Victory fans hate them because they own their in city rival.

I wonder how much of Liverpool's following in Aussieland stems from how awesome this dude was:

1421423199469.jpg

The story about Johnston pretty much refusing to take no for an answer from Boro is great.

yeah, I don't know what to tell you if you didn't see the ref dragging Mexico across the finish line again.

There's a chance of a Dusty Finish for Jamaica/Mexico. Jamaica thinks they won 2-1, then the original referee announces later that Mexico actually won 2-1.

Maybe Sunil can give Klinsmann another contract extension! So glad we got rid of Bob Bradley for him.

Yes, because what USMNT really needed was another decade of 4-4-2 sides with at least 1 speedy guy who is completely useless at all times. COME BACK TO US EDSON BUDDLE!

Maybe Sunil can give Klinsmann another contract extension! So glad we got rid of Bob Bradley for him.

Yes, because what USMNT really needed was another decade of 4-4-2 sides with at least 1 speedy guy who is completely useless at all times. COME BACK TO US EDSON BUDDLE!
I know Bradley was so awful. It's not like he ended up nearly coaching a country that was in a civil war/chaos to a world cup before being screwed by CAF and their nonsense.

Metro: lose to shit Philly team playing most of our starters in open cup, then run Chelsea off the pitch with basically our USL team the next day.

I know Bradley was so awful. It's not like he ended up nearly coaching a country that was in a civil war/chaos to a world cup before being screwed by CAF and their nonsense.

It was EGYPT, not Swaziland. National unrest aside, they were favorites to advance. And they didn't. And Bradley's coaching a mid-table Norwegian side now.

It was EGYPT, not Swaziland. National unrest aside, they were favorites to advance. And they didn't. And Bradley's coaching a mid-table Norwegian side now.

Going undefeated in the campaign and still having to face GHANA in a playoff because of the screwy Africa format didn't help either.