DVDVR Message Board

DC TV THREAD

RIPPA

And you know that CBS at least cares about it since they are giving in the Monday 8 pm slot with Big Bang Theory going over to Thursdays

So if nothing else - it gives you something to watch instead of RAW

If they had her fight La Parka this could be just like 1998 all over again.

• Like 1

A trailer for Legends of Tomorrow is out. It involves more Ollie and Barry than I would have expected. It really is more of an event than spin-off. More importantly though I'm so pleased with the choice of villain. Now I'm just curious who will play him.

Not big on the Supergirl trailer. Kara is way too much like Clark for my tastes, and yeah, those first few minutes are definitely too much like the Black Widow SNL sketch..

It kind of reminded me of 50 Shades of Grey. Only instead of meeting a sex-obsessed billionaire, the geeky, awkward girl becomes a superhero.

CBS getting into the superhero business is, eh, interesting.

FINALLY.

Edited for clarity: I refer to the last significant thing we see, which I had been afraid we would never get.

All in all, that is a pretty goddamn glorious trailer. This feels "too big" to be just a midseason replacement. I wonder if the plan isn't to pull an Agent Carter, maybe run it in place of both Arrow and Flash for 6 weeks? That would be a huge high-risk high-reward situation, but it would probably give the fanboy in me chills.

Trying to figure out the timeline of Central/Nanda Parbat/Starling/Central for this week is going to give us all migraines, isn't it?

So, I haven't freeze-framed Tuesday's Flash, but in the opening did we actually get (printed) confirmation that Central City is still in MO? Because for Central and Starling to be 500 miles apart, still use the same state pen and Starling to have a waterfront that makes it look like it should be on the Great Lakes...I have no idea what their geography is like.

All in all, that is a pretty goddamn glorious trailer. This feels "too big" to be just a midseason replacement. I wonder if the plan isn't to pull an Agent Carter, maybe run it in place of both Arrow and Flash for 6 weeks? That would be a huge high-risk high-reward situation, but it would probably give the fanboy in me chills.

The head of CW explicitly said this isn't an AGENT CARTER situation, and that they would have no qualms with airing all 3 shows at the same time, if it's successful.

Oh yeah, I'm all fucking in on Legends of Tomorrow.  And yeah, I'm glad I'm not the only one who was beating his head against the wall trying to straighten out the Flash/Arrow timeline from the last two weeks.  Also, I kinda hate that Barry only popped in for like a minute to help on Arrow.

Arrow finale was ok, but felt kinda flat compared to the last two season finales, but that's been this season in a nutshell.  Guess we're back to Merlyn being the main heel.

Well, they've been all over HIVE being the big bad next season, so I guess Malcom will be background noise.

Word around is that Diggle is certainly getting a mask next season.  Talk is either he'll end up as The Guardian, or there's a way outside shot he ends up with a Power Ring.

So, we can really safely say that while Marvel kicks all the ass at the Box Office, DC owns TV.

Not after Daredevil.

Not sold on Legends of Tomorrow.  That trailer played more like an SNL Avengers parody trailer than anything.  Introducing Arthur Darvill as Doctor Who joins the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Well, thank god, this season of ARROW is over. Pardon the pun, but it really was all downhill after "The Climb." The back half of the season was just a disaster.

If Berlanti and Kreisberg aren't going to be as involved in the show anymore (they only had writing credits on the premier, finale, and the Flash team-up episode), they need to get someone in there to run things with Guggenheim. He's terrible. Drew Z. Greenberg was badly missed after he defected over to SHIELD this season. Late season 1 through season 2 was the best run of the show, and I doubt it's a coincidence that lined up with his tenure.

I'd also be interested to find out if there was some Marvel-esque meddling from DC's film branch going on this season. Early on, it definitely seemed like they were building up Waller/ARGUS/Suicide Squad as the main antagonists, only to completely change course, and thus render the Waller-centric flashback story totally pointless (before they seemingly abandoned Waller, too, and became somehow even more pointless). Makes you wonder if someone noticed and said, "Sorry, we're doing all that stuff in a movie. That's not for you anymore."

• Like 1

Couldn't disagree more. I thought it looked top shelf and wouldn't feel out of place at all as an actual movie trailer. 

Anyway, I enjoyed the Arrow finale. I thought the first Oliver-Ra's fight felt more important on the mountainside. At least the entire alpha-omega story is wrapped up because one of my pet peeves is THE VIRUS OF DEATH as the boogeyman. I don't like viruses as weapons and I don't like them as plot devices. They also tied up so many loose ends that if the show ended tomorrow, you would feel like it came to a fitting conclusion. 

• Like 1

So, we can really safely say that while Marvel kicks all the ass at the Box Office, DC owns TV.

Not after Daredevil.

Not sold on Legends of Tomorrow. That trailer played more like an SNL Avengers parody trailer than anything. Introducing Arthur Darvill as Doctor Who joins the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

He felt more like constantine or pete wisdom than the Doctor.