DVDVR Message Board

DC TV THREAD

RIPPA

So we got Gorilla Grodd on TV and

He gets to be the baddie who got away so he can fuck with Barry and Team Flash in season two

. Yeah there are very few ways they can fuck up the rest of the season to where I saw it was anything other than very good

I enjoyed tonight's episode of Arrow. I am predicting Oliver lets everyone die only to revive them in the pool of life or whatever it is called. A little bit contrived but it seems like everything is coming together for a huge finale!

I think Supergirl would have worked better on HGTV or Destination: America than on CBS. No one in the world wants a Superhero show that's not at least 35% mythology in 2015. I can't imagine it gets past 10%

The "next episode" teaser totally ruined any sort of suspense whatsoever as far as what happens next. As has the fact that we know from the Flash teasers that Ollie & crew show up to help out against Reverse Flash. I'm also guessing we get Thea in full on Speedy/Arsenal mode either by the finale or early next season. Seriously, get Diggle some kind of armor or costume already. I thought Katana looked great for what it's worth. Also, my wife's continuing commentary on how ridiculous it is for Laurel to be going toe to toe with the League is hilarious. 

Re: Green Arrow.

I don't really buy Oliver as being so desperate to defeat Ra's that he'd risk his friends, and basically burn down his life.  Particularly since he's been so single-minded to protect Thea.  I assume the plot rationale is that Oliver thought Ra's would murder them all, one by one until he gave in, but it still doesn't ring true.  I dunno.  I don't feel like they really framed the conflict as "no other way".  It seems like, at some point, Oliver would balk at this plan as being not worth winning.

I gotta say, I watched last night's ARROW and was surprised by how well they laid out all the background for a new viewer (like me!)  I don't think I'll be a regular viewer, but it was nice to see.

I gotta say, I watched last night's ARROW and was surprised by how well they laid out all the background for a new viewer (like me!)  I don't think I'll be a regular viewer, but it was nice to see.

Due to your attention span, every episode of TV is Mike Zeidler's first.

The "next episode" teaser totally ruined any sort of suspense whatsoever as far as what happens next. As has the fact that we know from the Flash teasers that Ollie & crew show up to help out against Reverse Flash. I'm also guessing we get Thea in full on Speedy/Arsenal mode either by the finale or early next season. Seriously, get Diggle some kind of armor or costume already. I thought Katana looked great for what it's worth. Also, my wife's continuing commentary on how ridiculous it is for Laurel to be going toe to toe with the League is hilarious. 

I'm with you there, but I think they already kinda planted in your head in this episode that Ollie isn't all-in with the League anyway.  What tickles me, is that in the teaser, Oliver is in full League get-up when helping Team Flash.

I have to say, ARROW's "Next Week!" teaser completely ruined the ending of this week's show.

Of course they weren't going to kill off nearly the entire cast, but seeing them alive not 10 seconds later in the teaser annoyed me a tad

Description for Legends of Tomorrow

When heroes alone are not enough… the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat – one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known?