DVDVR Message Board

DC TV THREAD

RIPPA

Its weird. I don't disagree with that, but at the same time I actually look more forward to the current flashbacks than I did the previous two seasons. I like seeing Ollie off the island before his return. I like seeing what furthered his development into a vigilante. And I like seeing the relationships he formed with Waller, Maseo, & Katana.

I'm with Will. This season, the Flashbacks have been brutal, because they feel so unimportant. It made sense to see how he gained the skills, etc, in the first season. About 2/3rds through the flashbacks last year, I wanted them gone. I badly want those Connor Hawke flashforwards though.

I'm with Will. This season, the Flashbacks have been brutal, because they feel so unimportant. It made sense to see how he gained the skills, etc, in the first season. About 2/3rds through the flashbacks last year, I wanted them gone. I badly want those Connor Hawke flashforwards though.

Snake in the mailbox

I was alright with the flashbacks early in season 3 when it seemed like the arc of the season was building toward some sort of showdown with Waller/ARGUS and the Suicide Squad. But ever since the focus shifted to Ra's at midseason, I'm not really seeing the point of them at all.

• Like 1

The thing that drives me nuts is that they find every way to suck the drama out of the flashbacks. Hell, it's not surprise but Seraph confirming

Akio's death

in the present undermines a LOT of the tension in the flashbacks.

Flash has the opposite problem as we have spent literally the entire series waiting for the leads to catch up on what we know about Zoom instead of feeling the shock with them. It's taken a lot of the impact out of what should have been big moments.

But yeah, after Ollie's 'death' I definitely considered a 5-10 year time jump coming back with Connor Hawke as Green Arrow. Unfortunate part of the shared universe is that it probably would have troubles BUT you could have the flashbacks sync with the other shows for synergy.

• Like 1

I agree with that last statement 100%. I have enjoyed Flash but after teasing us with Grodd, it feels like the Reverse-Flash storyline is dragging its heels. It's like a wrestling feud that goes one or two months too long. In TV world, maybe it is just a few episodes but my thinking is "Get to Grodd already!!!"" 

Yeah that is just you wanting to get to Grodd's story sooner than later. That is just greed. The Reverse Flash storyline has been running at a perfectly fine pace. The stuff with Grodd is clearly building for the next season.

I really liked the island flashbacks in the first seasons, but all these new storylines showing that Ollie actually spent a significant amount of time off the island in something resembling civilization kind of takes away from the whole ordeal somehow.  It's tough to really explain, but it's like finding someone was imprisoned in some really brutal jail, yet actually spent a lot of the time working on furlough.  There was the bit in one episode where Ollie tried to send word out about what what was happening to him and Waller intercepted it but still, the more time he's out and about in the real world the less of a suspension of disbelief I can have that he didn't escape back home or let someone know.

• Like 1

Yeah that is just you wanting to get to Grodd's story sooner than later. That is just greed. The Reverse Flash storyline has been running at a perfectly fine pace. The stuff with Grodd is clearly building for the next season.

I hated the false finish where you have this huge dramatic moment with the tidal wave, Iris, the big reveal, Cisco's murder etc. and then it was all wrapped up in 4 seconds the next episode. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy the series a bunch! I just thought that we would be knee deep in Flash vs. Zoom episodes by now. 

I hated the false finish where you have this huge dramatic moment with the tidal wave, Iris, the big reveal, Cisco's murder etc. and then it was all wrapped up in 4 seconds the next episode. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy the series a bunch! I just thought that we would be knee deep in Flash vs. Zoom episodes by now. 

The only thing that was actually wrapped up was Weather Wizard's case. Everything else at that point just didn't happen because it couldn't due to Barry changing the circumstances that led to their occurrence. I suppose I can understand the frustration with that one.

I was actually hoping they would save Grodd so he could be the big villain next season. Tonight's episode was awesome. No bs Wells going full on villain was great.

I think you get Grodd this season because you never know if you're gonna get a second season and the people involved in the show really wanted to bring Grodd on the show so if the show only lasted one season, you at least got Grodd. You then script it where Grodd gets the best of the Flash the entire time, Flash gets a lucky shot to allow Grodd to show damage then the Reverse Flash comes out to allow Grodd to get away so he can be the big bad for Season 2

To sum up:

1.) DC says that if you created a character that is "derivative" of another character, for instance, Supermonkey or Kryptonian Kid or Bat Robin, then you cannot claim any residuals for the character being used.

2.) However, that doesn't mean that the person who created Batman or Superman should get residuals either, so

3)  No one created the character.

The example he uses is Killer Frost.

He created the original Killer Frost. Later on, Sterling Gates created a new version of the character, Caitlin Snow. 

Therefore, according to DC's residual policy, neither Conway nor Gates can claim Snow as a character he created.