DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

That trailer felt 60 seconds long, to me. I want this movie now. Except Jesse's Lex Luthor. Keep that shit. Although I did like the Joker reference and then Lex busts into the scene, sounding like the Joker.

• Like 1

Well... that was something. Jesse's Luthor was not good in this one. Guessing they'll make him a lot more serious when he loses his hair, but goddamn that was a lot of goofiness.

They definitely gave away too much cool shit in this trailer, though. Will admit that I'm more forward to this more than CA: Civil Bore.

I'm actually really into Jesse's take on Lex. It fits the 2010s young industrialist douchebag well.

Doomsday would be awesome if he was Bizarro. As it is, Smallville's Doomsday looked better.

Snyder's style generally looks bad here. My wife commented that it looked like a fan film and she's not wrong. Everything is too desaturated and it makes all the CG painfully obvious.

Three trailers and not a line from Wonder Woman. Way to sell your actor choice.

I dig the character stuff but the film looks visually awful. Hoping that's better by the end. I don't mean to sound so down but after some great hype pieces this trailer was a mess despite some really promising stuff. I really want this to be good and it looks fun and all but goddamn I want Zack Snyder off this franchise tomorrow.

Waitaminute...did I see parademons or is my vision worse than I imagine?

I'm pretty sure you did bro. I saw 'em too. 

About Eisenberg's Lex. I'm not exactly sure what to think because we've seen two versions. When he is talking to the big boys he sounds like The Riddler and has it turned up to 100 BUT when you listen to him speak to the senator in their meeting or to Lois on the rooftop, he sounds much more sinister. I am guessing that in the scene with Bruce and Clark he is being an eccentric douche so to not tip his hand that he is actually a credible threat?  

Anyone with me on this?  Also, is anyone with me that Doomsday sucks?  and I don't just mean in this trailer, I mean he always sucks. I'd be glad to see them quickly dispose of the character and for it to never be seen again.

My problem with Eisenberg Lex Luthor is that he reminds me too much of like a young Hackman Lex Luthor.  All I wanted was Lex Luthor from the comics.  Is that too much to ask.

I think Doomsday looks like garbage.  That trailer was the DCU equivalent of the Terminator Genisys trailers that essentially ruined the entire movie for the audience.  Not that this movie is going to do Genisys business.  I doubt it will.  

I unequivocally hate the color and palette for the film.  

• Like 2

The Kent/Wayne scenes at the beginning of the trailer really did feel like a fan film.  Terrible, expositiony, dialogue, flat lighting, poor acting.

The action parts looked somewhat interesting, but then Superman says "If I wanted to, I could have killed you already" sigh.

It looks better than Civil War, but only because CW seems to get Cap completely wrong.

Batman with a gun.

This is the sort of bullshit made for cynical people who think Die Hard is a Christmas movie.

It's not?   Next you'll tell me Batman Returns isn't a Christmas movie. 

So, do you just hate everything or nah?

Point to where I said I hated the trailer.

Oh. You can't.

To be fair, nothing you said could be construed as positive, either.

It looks decent.  I'm iffy on Doomsday.  I liked Supes' you'd be dead already line, trite as it is.

Of the recent trailers for various films, this is the weakest.  The others felt like they were selling you on actual stories.  This one is trying to win us over strictly with action.  Not sure if that will work with a film that feels a bit lightweight in the script department already.

The Comic-Con trailer laid out what the story is and 90% of the action in this trailer appears to come from the second half of the film. But people always like to act like something is difficult to follow.

"I don't get it why are they fighting?!?!" 

How about you watch the damn film lol

You can tell there's a faction of people who are just never going to give the DC movies a chance and seek out every little thing to complain about. I enter into evidence all the OUTRAGE~! from some corners online over Batman appearing to hold a gun in the Trinity groupshot.

Yes, because never in history has Batman used a gun-like weapon that fired something other than lethal bullets.