DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

Casting rumors concerning who they want to play the villains in the Wonder Woman movie:

HOT RUMOR: Sean Bean & Eva Green Eyed For Villain Roles In 'Wonder Woman'
1.3K392
By Umberto GonzalezSeptember 11, 2015
With production slated to begin this November in London, casting for Wonder Woman is currently underway. 

According to sources, actors Sean Bean and Eva Green are being eyed by Warners for villain roles. Which roles exactly? Here is what I'm being told. 

Sean Bean is being considered for Ares - The God of War.

Eva Green is being eyed for Circe - The Sorceress.

Hot choices.

This studio loves to work with the same people. Sean Bean was previously in Troy and Jupiter Ascending for the studio while Eva Green was is Dark Shadows and 300: Rise Of An Empire.

Eva Green was BAD as all hell in the 300 sequel. I can totally see her as wicked Sorceress going toe to toe with Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman. Ned Stark as the God Of War? Come on man! Sean Bean would absolutely crush it as Ares!

Both Ares and Circe are based on Greek mythological figures and are considered Wonder Woman's biggest adversaries. 

Again, the studio is eyeing them for the roles. That doesn't mean these actors got the roles. Not sure if meetings have taken place or offers have been made. Hence, the rumor stamp pending offers and further confirmation. A lot of readers have been asking me about the villains in Wonder Woman so here you go guys.

This story is developing and we will update accordingly as more information surfaces.

What do you guys think of these two in those roles? Chime in your thoughts below...

Casting rumors concerning who they want to play the villains in the Wonder Woman movie:

1.3K392
With production slated to begin this November in London, casting for Wonder Woman is currently underway. 

According to sources, actors Sean Bean and Eva Green are being eyed by Warners for villain roles. Which roles exactly? Here is what I'm being told. 

Hot choices.

This studio loves to work with the same people. Sean Bean was previously in Troy and Jupiter Ascending for the studio while Eva Green was is Dark Shadows and 300: Rise Of An Empire.

Eva Green was BAD as all hell in the 300 sequel. I can totally see her as wicked Sorceress going toe to toe with Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman. Ned Stark as the God Of War? Come on man! Sean Bean would absolutely crush it as Ares!

Both Ares and Circe are based on Greek mythological figures and are considered Wonder Woman's biggest adversaries. 

Again, the studio is eyeing them for the roles. That doesn't mean these actors got the roles. Not sure if meetings have taken place or offers have been made. Hence, the rumor stamp pending offers and further confirmation. A lot of readers have been asking me about the villains in Wonder Woman so here you go guys.

This story is developing and we will update accordingly as more information surfaces.

What do you guys think of these two in those roles? Chime in your thoughts below...

That rumor is false because Ares never dies and Sean Bean always dies

• Like 2

1.3K392

Hot choices.

phoenix-wright-objection.png

He doesn't die in every movie!

Hell, he lived through 2 Silent Hill's.

1.3K392

Hot choices.

phoenix-wright-objection.png

He doesn't die in every movie!

Hell, he lived through 2 Silent Hill's.

Also Jupiter Ascending. Where he played Sean Bee-n.

Hilariously though, Ares is dead in the current comics. And was also dead before the New 52 iirc.

Of course Michael Caine is crying in his picture.  

I watched the Ipcress File last week. Within the first five minutes, you're automatically like...."Yeah, this dude is totally Alfred Pennyworth."

Really looking forward to Jeremy Irons' portrayal considering it's Jeremy FUCKING Irons.

Considered the co-creator of Batman for decades, DC Entertainment has announced that Bill Finger is finally going to start getting the credit he deserves in all future film and television work featuring the characters he worked on (he also co-created Green Lantern). Finger died in 1974, and while Bob Kane has received sole official credit for creating Batman since 1939, he's acknowledged on numerous occassion that, "Bill never received the fame and recognition he deserved." Robin, Catwoman, and The Joker are among the characters Finger co-created, while he was also responsible for coming up with the names for Bruce Wayne and Gotham City. This is obviously long overdue then, and Warner Bros. issued the following statement to The Hollywood Reporter:

DC Entertainment and the family of Bill Finger are pleased to announce that they have reached an agreement that recognizes Mr. Finger’s significant contributions to the Batman family of characters. “Bill Finger was instrumental in developing many of the key creative elements that enrich the Batman universe, and we look forward to building on our acknowledgement of his significant role in DC Comics’ history,” stated Diane Nelson, President of DC Entertainment. “As part of our acknowledgement of those contributions,” Nelson continued, “we are pleased to confirm today that Bill Finger will be receiving credit in the Warner Bros. television series Gotham beginning later this season, and in the forthcoming motion picture Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.”

Credit: comicbookmovie.com

'Bout time.

• Like 7

Considered the co-creator of Batman for decades, DC Entertainment has announced that Bill Finger is finally going to start getting the credit he deserves in all future film and television work featuring the characters he worked on (he also co-created Green Lantern). Finger died in 1974, and while Bob Kane has received sole official credit for creating Batman since 1939, he's acknowledged on numerous occassion that, "Bill never received the fame and recognition he deserved." Robin, Catwoman, and The Joker are among the characters Finger co-created, while he was also responsible for coming up with the names for Bruce Wayne and Gotham City. This is obviously long overdue then, and Warner Bros. issued the following statement to The Hollywood Reporter:

DC Entertainment and the family of Bill Finger are pleased to announce that they have reached an agreement that recognizes Mr. Finger’s significant contributions to the Batman family of characters. “Bill Finger was instrumental in developing many of the key creative elements that enrich the Batman universe, and we look forward to building on our acknowledgement of his significant role in DC Comics’ history,” stated Diane Nelson, President of DC Entertainment. “As part of our acknowledgement of those contributions,” Nelson continued, “we are pleased to confirm today that Bill Finger will be receiving credit in the Warner Bros. television series Gotham beginning later this season, and in the forthcoming motion picture Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.”

Credit: comicbookmovie.com

'Bout time.

The Finger thing makes me hugely happy.

Pxu4Faa.jpg

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Of course Michael Caine is crying in his picture.  

I watched the Ipcress File last week. Within the first five minutes, you're automatically like...."Yeah, this dude is totally Alfred Pennyworth."

Really looking forward to Jeremy Irons' portrayal considering it's Jeremy FUCKING Irons.

"Thank you for a wonderful evening." 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So....WB looks to be settling on Seth Grahame-Smith as director for THE FLASH.

Not only would that be a tremendous step down from Lord & Miller - most people would be - but it would also be turning over the helm to a guy with no experience directing film of any kind, and whose main claim to fame is starting the (mercifully short-lived) horror/classic literature mashup genre with PRIDE AND PREJUIDICE AND ZOMBIES. He's also apprently become Tim Burton's go-to writing collaborator for whatever piece of shit he's dreaming up these days.

So that doesn't sound great!

Patty Jenkins is good.

Good directing can be outdone by bad writing. Jenkins also hasn't done a film like this before (not counting the time she got pulled off Thor) so there is that. Monster is going on 12 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Zack Snyder:

Following his appearance to present the late Bill Finger with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Comic Book Resources caught up with Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice director Zack Snyder to talk about bringing the Caped Crusader back to the big screen in the 2016 movie. Asked about the costume and why he's gone in a slightly different direction, the filmmaker had this to say about coming up with the look for Ben Affleck's Batman. "I had a really strong idea about what I wanted to do -- I really wanted to do sort of a fabric-based Batman; not what's become the more normal, armored Batman. That's how we evolved it." As for how he went about deciding which actor should step into that suit, Snyder added: "I definitely wanted an older Batman. I wanted a war-weary Batman. That's why, in a lot of ways, Ben was really perfect for me -- we kind of aged him a little bit. It worked really great. I'm really excited about the Batman we created."

Talk then turned to the inspiration Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns has had on Batman v Superman, with Snyder weighing in on just how much of an influence that story has had on this movie and just how much he's borrowing from the critically acclaimed graphic novel. "There are so many great artists who have drawn Batman. So many great comics that have been created -- it's countless. I was talking to Frank about it: "Dark Knight Returns" was such a big influence on me, that I wanted to to honor him through imagery in the movie. You could still make "Dark Knight Returns" into a movie, if you want. That's what I'm saying, as far as how much we used and how much we didn't use. The visual elements, there are some that I homage, but I don't think the movie [is an adaptation]." Finally, Snyder was asked if the "dark", "gritty", and "grounded" movie will have any humour in it, and his response might surprise you. "All people have to go on are the first two trailers. They're going to see more when we show more. You'll learn more."

DIwG9wP.jpg

A8JrMmi.jpg

hFxWnmP.jpg

3jh0our.jpg

nFKcSqP.jpg

RP8AVjj.jpg