DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

• 2 weeks later...

Who is randomly throwing together screenshots and comic panels? That seems like an absurd hobby that is all about shallowly reading what is going on in the frame in an attempt to prove to someone, ANYONE, that they should be paying more lip service to a movie that has yet to make a good impression upon the fan base it is so frantically trying to court.

Exactly, they're courting the niche of a niche of a niche, because they know if they can get THEM hooked, they'll evangelize to all their acquaintances. Unfortunately, doing stuff like scene comparisons that miss the entire point of the source material makes them seem overly desperate to the more casual of the niche fans.

I'm not sure what you mean by missing the point. I haven't seen Batman v. Superman so I have no idea what's going on.  I believe the reason for doing these callbacks is nothing more than a "hey cool, I remember that comic"  which I believe was from Superman: Secret Origin. Which makes sense with Johns involvement.  It's the same as having Easter Eggs in with The Collector. It doesn't necessarily add up to something down the road.. 

I was a lot more positive on MOS than a lot of people on this board, but the characterization of Superman in each successive BvS clip that gets released gets less and less appealing to me. Granted, this is all out of context, but man, you'd think they'd try to balance it out a little so Superman doesn't come off like a pure bad guy.

They both have valid points. Superman doesn't agree with how Batman is doing things in Gotham. Batman says "fuck you, remember all those people that died because your people invaded Metropolis?" 

Ideology.  But in the end they'll understand where one another is coming from and ultimately the real threats that are out there.

• Like 1