DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA OFFSEASON

Cole Miner

Seriously, what kind of basketball karma are the Clippers and DeAndre fucking with? If DeAndre changes his mind at this late hour, it would be bad for the Mavs but something bad will happen to the Clippers if he resigns. 

They paid off their karma for this ahead of time with the entire Donald Sterling era.

Ok now that all the crazy is over, let's talk about the Clips.  They kept the core together, signed THE TRUTH and BORN READY!

Does anyone else see Lance turning it around this year?  Haters gonna hate, but his last year in Indy was solid BBall.  It seems like Doc is the right kind of coach for him.

If they had The Truth last year (or even just a healthy CP3), I don't think they collapse against Houston.  

• Like 1

You guys are some haters.  I can't fault anyone doing something that will make them more happy.  He didn't have a contract, until that contract is signed everything else is make believe.  If you want to make life decisions based on how other people feel, you go ahead and do that, but I'm not going to fault a man for making the decision he feels is best for him. 

After doing a little reading on Deandre's agent, I don't feel bad at all.  Seems like he and Cuban do shady shit all the time.  

Like, the Mavs drafted one of his clients this year who probably wasn't good enough to get drafted.  Part of the Dwight deal in Houston was letting Parsons out of his rookie scale contract.  Fegan represents both and pushed both towards Dallas.

Do you Deandre.  Fuck em.

• Like 1

Spurs reportedly going to trade a 2nd round pick for Ray McCallum. Numbers wise, a slight downgrade from Corey Joseph but he also hasn't had the benefit of the Spurs system. Anyone here familiar with Sacramento and McCallum? 

At this point, I can live with DJ changing his mind.  It's fucking dirty, but it is what it is.  My biggest issue here is how he handled it.  Don't act like the girl who is too chicken to break up with her boyfriend.  Pick up the phone and just say "I changed my mind".  Don't fuck over an entire franchise because you're too scared to turn someone down.

Btw, owners and agents doing shady shit is by no means exclusive to Cuban, so don't even play that card.

I don't think anyone posted this when Broussard was doing his whole MARK CUBAN DOESNT KNOW THE ADDRESS!!! bit

Mark CubanVerified account

‏@mcuban
.@Chris_Broussard that's is the dumbest shit Ive ever heard. If you had any ethics u would msg me and I will give u his address

Btw, owners and agents doing shady shit is by no means exclusive to Cuban, so don't even play that card.

That's sort of my point.  As a Mavs fan you absolutely should be pissed, but I think the moralizing is foolish because.... 

Only the ladder is real.  The climb is all there is.

tumblr_inline_muhln4bFEh1rymbrg.gif

• Like 2

Spurs reportedly going to trade a 2nd round pick for Ray McCallum. Numbers wise, a slight downgrade from Corey Joseph but he also hasn't had the benefit of the Spurs system. Anyone here familiar with Sacramento and McCallum? 

Another solid move by the Spurs and another WTF Kings moment.  Not a great player, but he is young and cheap with decent size.   Considering most late 2nd round picks are worthless (especially in the Kings hands), I have no idea why they would trade a 24 year old NBA player to clear a whole 950K in cap space.

With Jordan staying in Los Angeles I think the West right now shapes up like this:

Golden State

San Antonio

Oklahoma City    (these three can go in any order)

---

Clippers

Grizzlies

Rockets

Pelicans

Suns

The Jazz will probably have something to say in the 7-8 range, not any higher though. . . .