DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2015 - The Quest For The Cup

Dolfan in NYC

And what the fuck was Byfuglien thinking on that 2nd Anaheim goal? That has to be an all-time bad defensive decision.

He was the worst player for the Jets in the series. So many dumb plays.

This will be an intestesting offseason for the Jets. Buff's got one year left on his deal, so if he's not going to sign an extension, he's probably on the market. Andrew Ladd is in the same boat. Trouba and Scheifele have one year left on the rookie deals and need a raise, plus Frolik and Stafford and unrestricted free agents.

I think Stafford stays. If Buff asks for too much more money, he's getting traded. Frolik's going to get some team to throw five million at him, since the free agent market this year isn't real deep, and I hope it's not the Jets. I'm also hoping someone takes Toby Enstrom away forever too.

This has to be the final moment of goodwill the Jets have, right? Fans actually need to start setting expectations now, right?

Impose some expectations on your own team first, buddy! :lol:

• Like 1

C'est la vie. Crappy end to an otherwise great year. Would have been nice if they'd taken one of the games at home, but Anaheim gave them nothing. Impressive showing by them. Fucking hate Kesler, but he took over the last 2 games.

This team's future is so fucking bright. Bringing Ehlers up for game 4 seems like a clear indication they expect him to be on the team next year and I am hyped. Stafford would be a nice return too. As Dewar said, Frolik would be great, but not at anything crazy. He made 3.3 this year somewhere between that and 4 would be good.

And yeah, somebody, anybody take Toby Enstrom. My least favourite Jet by far. Terrible in his own zone, he's an offensive d-man that puts up 30 points a year and will not shoot under any circumstances.

Anyway, Go Jets Go.

This has to be the final moment of goodwill the Jets have, right? Fans actually need to start setting expectations now, right?

Impose some expectations on your own team first, buddy! :lol:

My team is going to be around forever - win or lose. As history has shown your team needs to win or relocation will come calling again...

• Like 1

Remember when Tobias Enstrom was the future of the Jets organization along with Evander Kane? I'm excited to see how Eeeeehlers adjusts to playing against full grown menz next year.

So, is this the second series Kesler has done well in? Only other one I got was Nashville in '11 when he repeated the Trotz Messier comparison on national TV within seconds of Trotz saying it (in one of the most Kesler of Kesler moves). For an alleged playoff warrior, he has had too few of these sorts of performances.

Anybody else think Wilson's hit on Visnovsky was dirty as shit?

Yes. It was obvious they targeted Viz because of his concussion history. Caps got away with murder last night because the officials decided to make it a no DQ match. It's fitting that their all time hero is a scumbag like Dale Hunter.

I was at the game when Hunter pulled the Pearl Harbor job on Turgeon. The whole arena went from ecstasy to agony in less than a minute. Totally ruined what was an amazing moment.

From TSN's article on Vancouver's shitty depth and how awesome the Sedins have been:

yost-graph-sedins.jpg

They've been so good and the rest of the team has been soooo bad. Possession numbers also don't mean a whole lot in a 7 game series either, as their dominance hasn't really translated into the gluttony of points you'd hope with that kind of possession. We're starting to run out of "transition years" before they retire or go back to Modo before retirement. I still think they could anchor a really dangerous team if only there were some depth and we didn't have Bieksa/Sbisa playing 18-20 minutes (or any minutes).

I guess the question, then, is do you think the Canucks have the assets/time to build a better team around the Sedins before they hit that point, or would it be better to commit to a rebuild and trade off the Sedins soon while their value is highest? And if they don't, do they risk several years of being like the late-Iginla era Flames, where they're always good enough to be on the bubble (and therefore miss out on high draft picks), but never good enough to do any real damage when it counts?

Pretty crazy chart, anyway. I loathe the Canucks (as any good Flames fan should), but I'll admit that I've never been able to find it within myself to dislike the Sedins.

I guess the question, then, is do you think the Canucks have the assets/time to build a better team around the Sedins before they hit that point, or would it be better to commit to a rebuild and trade off the Sedins soon while their value is highest? And if they don't, do they risk several years of being like the late-Iginla era Flames, where they're always good enough to be on the bubble (and therefore miss out on high draft picks), but never good enough to do any real damage when it counts?

Pretty crazy chart, anyway. I loathe the Canucks (as any good Flames fan should), but I'll admit that I've never been able to find it within myself to dislike the Sedins.

This has been the case since 2012. The depth just isn't there that they probably should've blown the son of a bitch up for real. Problem though: Benning tried to go half way on the rebuild/help now spectrum with the Kesler trade and the Sedins don't want to leave the city (neither does Bieksa :( ). So, trading Kesler for pure futures should've been the first step but that didn't happen. It's also clear ownership doesn't want to touch a full on rebuild because of how fickle the fans are here. Personally, I would've kept the Sedins and traded off most of the other veterans on the team outside of Edler and maybe Hamhuis (though I think he's pretty overrated and surprisingly Edler has better possession numbers over the past three seasons playing the same level of opposition) after 2012. I think the Sedins mentoring young'uns would be fine for a few years in terms of market interest (a lot of fans are eager for young talent) and it's still a viable option. You can't build teams through free agency any more - the key is the draft and patience. Look at Anaheim's depth. How many of those guys are homegrown? Emerson Etem is playing on the 4th line but he's a flippin' stud and should be getting way bigger minutes but they have awesome depth because they've drafted and developed well, so he can take it slowly.

Any of you guys who gamble (or those of you in Canada with the lottery game) here's a hot tip: if Nashville wins tonight Isles game will be at 3pm Saturday, thus meaning I'll be unable to go to Nets playoff game. Bet with confidence on the Preds because that would be the result that fucks me over royally, so it's guaranteed to happen.

Okay, I give up. John Garrett is the absolute shits and I never want to hear him commentate again.

Sweet passing on the Nyquist goal. Oh, and I guess this is where we go "lol, Ben Bishop".

Edit: Cooper's eye twitch and "wtf?" glare after that goal were great!

Jon_Cooper_reaction_to_Bishop_scoring_on

Edited by Oyaji

That was a dominating performance by the Capitals in Game 5.   Can't remember the last time they whoop on someone in the playoffs like that.  

Unfortunately given our history the Game 6 is an absolute must win because very very few believes they can win a home Game 7 in the playoffs