DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2015 - The Quest For The Cup

Dolfan in NYC

It's been okay but the only close game was game 1 and, as Charlie rightfully noted, it didn't have any playoff intensity. The two games with intensity have been blowouts. The OTT/MTL series has been way more entertaining but Ottawa can't win for the life of them. Shame 'cause I want to see more of that.

So does Willie Desjardins get a big fine now for two of his players instigating fights in the last 5 minutes of a blowout game? (I know Bieksa didn't technically get an instigator penalty, but it still looked pretty blatant to me.) Only seems fair.

I miss the invisible Dustin Byfuglien from game 1. The giving away goals and taking dipshit penalties version that showed up tonight isn't helping.

Oh fuck, the refs figured out how to count to six tonight and actually blew the whistle this time. I guess that's progress.

Byfuglien's been the worst player on the ice tonight, by a wide margin. On for all three goals against so far, gave away two of them by trying to move forward too quickly. Took a stupid penalty, then followed that up by moving forward too quickly AGAIN and taking a penalty coming backwards.

His best shift of the game was when he got stuck playing forward after his second goal. Despite all this, they are still winning.

Someone should tell Pavelec that his blocker and stick can, in fact, be used to stop pucks.

Another gutting loss. I keep trying to remind myself that they're a young team and just making the playoffs this year is a win. Pretty tough when they've led all three games.

Maurice has been great for the team, but clearly something needs to be changed about how this team handles the last five minutes of the third.  I don't know, but maybe they just play so aggressively that they just run out of steam. All year, this has been an issue.

Also, I ate way too many oysters during the game.