DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2015 - The Quest For The Cup

Dolfan in NYC

People are dumping like crazy for the Caps-Isles game tomorrow. You could get in for $70 on StubHub last I checked. Basically most Isles fans are Mets fans and are so traumatized by the last game at Shea disaster from 2008 they don't want the chance of reliving it.

Of course Fleury waits until the Pens have their least talented team since like '07 to play like a lights out #1 playoff goaltender.

At this point I'd triple shift Sid since the only way the Pens steal this game is if Fleury keeps up the Houdini act while Crosby drags the rest of the team to some semblance of offensive output. It doesn't look like he's gonna get any help from Geno because Geno is clearly playing through some sort of crippling injury - he doesn't look remotely like himself.

Dude, we totally won coaching trade! I'm happy AV is doing well by you guys, but it was time for a change. Do the Rangers do the really, really long breakout passes that he was doing in Vancouver relentlessly? It worked wonders in 2011 but teams caught on and he didn't really change breakouts.

Anybody else think Wilson's hit on Visnovsky was dirty as shit?

Yes. It was obvious they targeted Viz because of his concussion history. Caps got away with murder last night because the officials decided to make it a no DQ match. It's fitting that their all time hero is a scumbag like Dale Hunter.

I was at the game when Hunter pulled the Pearl Harbor job on Turgeon. The whole arena went from ecstasy to agony in less than a minute. Totally ruined what was an amazing moment.

I'll always remember when me and Dean road tripped up to Ottawa back in 2002 and caught a 67s/Sarnia game because Dale (then/now the London coach) was in the news bitching about Sarnia being a goon team.

Let that one sink in.

• Like 1

They've beaten the Wild in Minnesota already. They're not finished yet.

They're the Blues.  Just making the playoffs has been good enough for them all these years, then they finish themselves off.  I love them dearly, but that's what they do.

Man I hate both those teams so I am glad they are going to play one more game to cheap shot the hell out of each other but my God do I want the fanbases to shut up.

At the risk of a ban: I'm hoping the Islanders win game 7 and then knock out the Rangers. It's been 21 years since the last Battle of New York, way too long and I really dig the Islanders. 

• Like 2

The pop when Clutterbuck salted the game away was the single loudest crowd reaction I have ever experienced live. The scene in the parking lot after was just insane with fans going crazy.

At the risk of a ban: I'm hoping the Islanders win game 7 and then knock out the Rangers. It's been 21 years since the last Battle of New York, way too long and I really dig the Islanders.

Minus the knocking out the Rangers thing, I will be super pissed if we are denied Islanders vs Rangers in Round 2

Both teams terrify me but I definitely want the Islanders to win just for the usual DC meltdown

(Though it might be somewhat muted due to the Wizards success)

God - I will have to fucking move if the Caps eliminate the Rangers.