DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2015 - The Quest For The Cup

Dolfan in NYC

Well based on the fact that Holtby's two career shutouts have come against the Rangers on this very day - never having to play on May 4 again would help

Wooo! Cosmic justice has been served!

And my favourite Flame scores the game winner in overtime, no less! (I'm probably the only person in the world whose favourite player is Mikael Backlund, so that makes it feel sweeter still.)

I think my feelings on the Flames are clear so take this to heart:

Holy fuck that replay official.

That was in.

I'm glad to hear you say that. Obviously echoes my thoughts, but I'm a massive homer in this scenario, so I was starting to question myself.

I'm really interested to see where the series goes from here. Obviously Anaheim are still the better team and clear favourites, but 2-1 isn't exactly a huge gap, and Calgary has looked better with each game. I think game 4 will be really telling; if Calgary wins, it's anyone's series. If Anaheim wins, it's pretty much game over for the Flames -- I don't think there's any way Calgary can win three in a row with two of those games in Anaheim.

I'm inclined to agree with you. These has been some really awful, low event hockey that's hard to watch as a neutral. Some flashes of brilliance but fuuuuuck, the flow of play is dreadful.

Of course, as I type that, there's end to end action with wide open chances. *shrug*

That series had a two day layoff.

Two 3-0 series playing out tonight and no NBA playoffs. After being spoiled with a gluttony of games to choose every night, this feels like a shitty sports night.

How did the NHL end up with a back to back in the playoffs? That seems incredibly bush league.

My default answer would be "building issues."

In a related topic, Tampa Bay's conference finals appearance might conflict with Frozen on Ice at their arena.

How did the NHL end up with a back to back in the playoffs? That seems incredibly bush league.

My default answer would be "building issues."

In a related topic, Tampa Bay's conference finals appearance might conflict with Frozen on Ice at their arena.

Let it go! (OK I'll get my coat)

Idea I saw to increase scoring: make it illegal to ice the puck on a penalty kill. Sounds crazy at first, but the more I think about it I'd like to see it tried in preseason or the AHL.

Idea I saw to increase scoring: make it illegal to ice the puck on a penalty kill. Sounds crazy at first, but the more I think about it I'd like to see it tried in preseason or the AHL.

Making the game more reliant on the powerplay will just increase diving and decrease offensive play 5 on 5. It doesn't sound crazy, it sounds stupid, as teams in high pressure situations will just ice it anyway, and then we get tons of stoppages in the games too.