DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2015 - The Quest For The Cup

Dolfan in NYC

Not a fan of that idea either. It's not like power play percentages are down, it's that there are too few of them. And a bunch of other shyit discussed earlier.

Interesting to hear criticism of Vigneault sticking to the stretch pass transition play, which was a big part of his downfall in Vancouver. It works wonders until teams learn to sit deep at their blue line, which is what's happened to the Nye Rangers.

The theory is that by making it more costly to commit an infraction that (if the games are called correctly) the negative play of clutching and grabbing will decrease. If you can't use those tactics I would think that would open things up even at even strength. There certainly could be drawbacks but I'd like to see it as a preseason experiment. What do we have to lose?

It is amazing the things people will complain about

There are Caps fans on my timeline bitching that they showed the replay of the Rangers goal more than the Caps goal.

You don't even need to go that far though. Just call the clutching, grabbing, hooking and other bullshit that's apparently allowed nowadays.

You are right but I'm in a bad mood after seeing a parade of games with less goals than an MLS match and just want to drop the fucking hammer.

• Like 1

It wouldn't be a Capitals playoff run if there wasn't one game where they are in complete give up mode.  Unfortunately when it rains for them it is a downpour that never stops.   

Another series that the Caps had control that they gave up for a 7th game.    :angry:

Edit:  Barring a complete collapse from the Rangers of course.   Which is apparently what is going to happen.   :o

Anaheim and Tampa's fans are the absolute shits. While I like Cooper and most of his players, I really hope neither of those organizations win a second cup anytime soon. As much as I dislike Chicago's team, their fans are great when they have a team to cheer for. The Pond sounds like a gotdayum library with their team up 3-1 in the 2nd round.

I also fully admit Vancouver's fanbase isn't very good either.