DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2015 - The Quest For The Cup

Dolfan in NYC

Well, there was one penalty called all game, so you'd have to be pretty good to 1 for 1. I watched the condensed highlights and some of those hits were definitely either boarding or charging. 

I hate excuses, but if any were to be made, it would be that the Isles lost Hamonic the second to last game of the season, then lost Visnovsky, followed by de Haan. That's 3 of their regular D-Men down. How do you compensate for that? And yeah, the refs totally swallowed their whistles in Game 7 and pretty much let Ovie do whatever the hell he wanted all series long.

It appears Rangers/Caps will start with Thursday/Saturday as the Eric Clapton concert scheduled for Sat at MSG has been moved to Sunday

No official word yet though.

Of course - the only reason they can even think about starting Thursday is because the NFL Draft is no longer in NYC

Wait, so isn't every Kronwall hit charging then? That's no worse than any of his big hits in that situation. I call bullshit on their explanation. He jumps a lot. So does the majority of big hitters in the league.

The difference is that he extended his arm this time. Not even close to the worst hit in this series but not a huge surprise he got suspended. I mean it's not like he's Evgeni Malkin in the Cup Finals committing an automatic suspension penalty...

Amazing Tampa win a series with Stamkos playing that poorly.

Strange series. Detroit really dominated most of game 7 and lose, but Tampa totally dominated game 1 and lost. A lot of the middle just blurred together for me to be honest.

Highlight of the game was Mrazek waving off that goal on Mrazek. Calm, cool. Like a boss.

• Like 1

Note: I have no problem with the suspension but it sucks.

Yeah, I'm sure we won't hear about this for the next five years or anything.
Nah. Tampa is/was the better team. No complaints here. This wasn't the NHL breaking their own rules so Mario's team wouldn't be down a superstar.
  • Like 1

I can't even stress how lucky I think the Canucks and Flames were to draw each other since it guaranteed one of the three weakest teams in the playoffs (other obviously being PIttsburgh) got to move on.

Anyway, this is all part of the Media Narrative Coach of the Year Bob Hartley's plan or something.

Pretty much. The Canucks and Flames were so much weaker than the other teams in the west. I'm not a big fan of the east still and I think Vancouver might've beaten a team or two over there but your point is still really solid.