DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2015 - The Quest For The Cup

Dolfan in NYC

Did you guys know that Toews' career high in points for a single season is... 78? He's a great two-way player and leader but I've never thought he's on Crosby's level and don't get the "TOEWS IZ BETTER" claims.

Crosby put up 102 points in his rookie year and even this season, a down year for him, he put up 82. He's an offensive freak of nature and on a completely different level from anybody else in the league. I wonder how McDavid's first few years will compare if you adjust for scoring inflation in the post-lockout years for Sid's numbers.

On McDavid the official Oilers rookie scoring record is 75 which is held by Jari Kurri (since Gretzky was never classified as a rookie due to the NHL/WHL shenanigans). It will be very interesting to see if that record falls because that one has been on the books for like 30 years now. I think, given all the hype, and what we've seen of his talent, there's some legitimate expectation he can better that record which in itself would be really something.

Gretzky had 137 points in his first NHL season, lol.

Kind of a fun game.  Tampa comes out and dominates Chicago for two periods, Tampa tries to play defensive in the 3rd, and Chicago needs just 1:58 for the victory, then shuts Tampa down from then on.  Quite funny that all the discussion afterwards is about the goalies, Keith, Crawford and Vermette, and no real mention of Teravainen scoring the tying goal, forcing the turnover for the assist on the winning goal.