DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - APRIL

Dolfan in NYC

Sure NOW the Yanks figure out how to score lots and lots of runs against the Tigers.

Three fucking years late fellas!

If this can lead to the Tigers learning how to not suddenly forget how to play baseball in the World Series, I'll be okay with it.

(BTW, if Oakland was going to get into blood feuds with teams that eliminate them, then every game they play with Detroit would see the benches clear.  And, for no reason except I haven't said it real recently, fuck the Cardinals.)

Is this going to become a heads on pikes situation with the Royals? I know the commissioner's hands are somewhat tied by the CBA, but I can see him making a call to the Royals, saying something along the lines of "Sort this out, or I will if this happens again."

Or maybe that's me projecting, but whatever. At least Eric Hosmer is being an adult about the situation:

https://twitter.com/DannyLawhon/status/591461801922985984/photo/1

So is there a new "unwritten rule" that you can't hit grounders back to the pitcher?

Eaton yelled first because he got quick pitched, but Eaton had his back to the main camera and Ventura didn't. So, that's how it goes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGB_IHRWaQM

At least an Adam Eaton talked to the media and came off well.

Can't say that for Jeff Samardzija, who chirped all night during a game he wasn't gonna play in, helped instigate a wider skirmish (against a guy he hit intentionally on opening day), plowed a third base coach trying to get to Lorenzo Cain, and then didn't talk to the media afterwards. Or Chris Sale who may or may not have tried to get into the Royals clubhouse to fight Ventura (and may have had another inning left in him if Robin V wanted to push it)

Kinda amusing that the winning run (Dyson) only came into the game due to the fight leading to Cain's ejection.

I like that line of thinking and would like to offer this scene which will take place near Wrigley some time in late August:

No, really though, we're all rooting for you Cubbies!  Just don't forget the 42 errors that first year of sandlot ball.