DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - APRIL

Dolfan in NYC

The Os and White Sox are playing an empty arena game tomorrow (2 pm) and then the series with Tampa has been moved to Tampa

So the Os are playing their next 4 games in empty stadiums then.

I am a Tampa Bay fan and even I have to laugh at that. As always they are near the bottom of attendance this year. For the games this weekend only the lower bowl will be opened and all tickets are $15 general admission first come first serve.. and I still think the crowds there won't be too large.

If you have MLB.TV, it's worth watching the archived version and selecting "Park" for audio.  With no announcers and no crowd, it's a pretty pure experience of in-game chatter, lots of great sounds, and a few people getting scolded for cussing:

"Don't say that, they can hear you!"

If you have MLB.TV, it's worth watching the archived version and selecting "Park" for audio.  With no announcers and no crowd, it's a pretty pure experience of in-game chatter, lots of great sounds, and a few people getting scolded for cussing:

"Don't say that, they can hear you!"

Do they archive games for later viewing? I've been going back and forth on whether to subscribe, that sounds like an experience enough to convince me to.

First pinch hit homer of his career. Kind of hard to believe.

It is and it isn't. I mean, he's been a star player for his entire career. Not the kind of player with a lot of pinch hit experience.

Bonds 762*

Aaron 755*

Ruth 714*

Mays 660*

Rodriguez 660*

* represents players who took PEDs, amphetamines, or only competed against white players

Actually Willie didn't take greenies; well he tried them once, but they made him sick, so he never took them again. . . 

Its not like they'll get anything for him anyway. You'll either eat the money and get a half decent prospect(if your lucky), or find a moron to take the contract(always possible if extremely unlikely) and get a bag of balls back. The only way he leaves is if they outright release him. . . .

Its not like they'll get anything for him anyway. You'll either eat the money and get a half decent prospect(if your lucky), or find a moron to take the contract(always possible if extremely unlikely) and get a bag of balls back. The only way he leaves is if they outright release him. . . .

Which is exactly what the Yankees should do with Carlos Beltran, outright release him.