DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - APRIL

Dolfan in NYC

It's a skill of sorts. Starling Marte has thrived on it over the last two years. Chase Utley made a living of doing it in his prime. But occasionally, one of those pitches will get you in the hand or wrist, and you'll miss time.

That's my fear. Taking one to the head, wrist, elbow, knee or rib would be pretty awful. Who knows what damage it does long term, and in the short, losing his bat and defense at 1B would suck.

the team whose fans got the angriest at KC last Fall are the Oriole fans and KC won't play Baltimore until August

Former Royal Jose Bautista is not a man that is worth fucking around with. So I don't know what Baltimore's plan is in that situation.

And to be honest, I think the only teams with an explicit issue with KC are the teams that lost to KC in the playoffs. Big stunner there. It's not really dramatically different from what the Rays occasionally dealt with around their peak run

“There’s no need for a season to be ruined between two teams that have something so small that happened, that’s obviously not going to be forgotten when they come to our place,” Reddick said. “You never know what’s going to happen or if we’re going to retaliate when they come to our place. I hope it doesn’t happen, because it’s a great group of guys over there.”

said on Saturday night, before their pitcher hit KC's centerfielder (oddly enough Kazmir's control was impeccable after that HBP, but Scott Kazmir would never throw at anybody intentionally and Oakland wouldn't brush a guy back at the legs either, ask Manny Machado).

All in all, the June series is gonna be anti-climatic. After a string of games involving KC's outfielder backflipping after the final out, the Wild Card that preceded Oakland trading half their team, and the last series, they're due for a boring one. Plus Lawrie's probably winding up on the DL by late June.

There’s no need for a season to be ruined between two teams that have something so small that happened, that’s obviously not going to be forgotten when they come to our place,” Reddick said. “You never know what’s going to happen or if we’re going to retaliate when they come to our place. I hope it doesn’t happen, because it’s a great group of guys over there.”

said on Saturday night, before their pitcher hit KC's centerfielder (oddly enough Kazmir's control was impeccable after that HBP, but Scott Kazmir would never throw at anybody intentionally and Oakland wouldn't brush a guy back at the legs either, ask Manny Machado).

I dunno what's stranger: You thinking a pitch at the legs is headhunting, or your reliance on Manny Machado as the voice of reason to back this theory up.

Even the O's fans thought he went a little crazy last year.

Well the powder keg kept going because in the change of innings - Adam Jones was screaming at Bautista saying it was "bush league"

I thought it was two different words that sound vaguely similar to "bush league." :D

I didn't say it was headhunting. But the pitch at Machado right before his idiotic bat-toss was right at his legs, exact same sort of accident that happened with Kazmir and Cain. Really strange how the Oakland pitchers make mistakes at guys legs when they're mad. Odd. Bizarre. But Kazmir would have never thrown at a guy after Reddick did a Mafia goon "it'd be a shame if something happened" routine the night before.

Kinda sad how the incidents does distract us from the hilarity of Melvin using a lefty reliever to try and get Cain out in the 8th on Sunday. Sorta like how people didn't really talk about Ventura having a shitty start on Saturday.

There’s no need for a season to be ruined between two teams that have something so small that happened, that’s obviously not going to be forgotten when they come to our place,” Reddick said. “You never know what’s going to happen or if we’re going to retaliate when they come to our place. I hope it doesn’t happen, because it’s a great group of guys over there.”

I dunno what's stranger: You thinking a pitch at the legs is headhunting, or your reliance on Manny Machado as the voice of reason to back this theory up.

Even the O's fans thought he went a little crazy last year.

This- the people throwing pitches for the legs is the necessary form, since most pitchers know there is an art to headhunting as much as anything else, and throwing towards the legs is part of it (the rule: Aim to hit the batter in the ass- it's humiliating to the player and people will laugh because he got drilled in the ass, but it's also incredibly safe for the batter- since the buttocks are mostly fat, it'll hurt a bit, but the worst injury they'll get is a bruise.) 

• Like 1

OK.  Rippa and I have been dying about this for the last few minutes.  

If there are any Royal fans, can y'all tell me if Straight Outta Kauffman is really a thing?

I mean, I really-really-really-really want it to be because Rippa and I expect Dayton Moore to try to get Eazy-E in to do a post-game concert.

• Like 1

OK. Rippa and I have been dying about this for the last few minutes.

If there are any Royal fans, can y'all tell me if Straight Outta Kauffman is really a thing?

I mean, I really-really-really-really want it to be because Rippa and I expect Dayton Moore to try to get Eazy-E in to do a post-game concert.

I live in KC can't say I've heard anything but I don't listen to local sports talk so can't say

OK.  Rippa and I have been dying about this for the last few minutes.  

as much of a thing as other KC fans using the phrase "Blue World Order" on t-shirts.

Step one of any trend? trying to cash in on the trend.