DVDVR Message Board

Stupid Crap Baseball Players Say or Do

Dolfan in NYC

He probably had someone powerful protecting him that couldn't do it this time given how hot that issue is. That or Simmons was the one, given the Sox connection, and he's gone now. No matter what though, good riddance to bad rubbish. . .

"ESPN is an inclusive company. Curt Schilling has been advised that his conduct was unacceptable and his employment with ESPN has been terminated."

They didn't even wish him well in his future endeavors. That's cold as ice.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Dee Gordon with an 80 day suspension for PED.   So in case you are wondering yes Barry Bonds as coach is having an impact on the team

This is especially amusing to me after grilledcheese's post about this in the April thread

On 4/29/2016 at 7:50 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Both of you shut up.

FkmL7K1.gif

Reminds me of when we visited our friends up in NEPA with my dog, who'd apparently never gone up a flight of stairs before. She somehow got to the second floor... only now she couldn't figure out how to come down. Our friends' dogs (all 5 of them) were at the foot of the stairs literally barking their encouragement up at her to make it down, while she was barking back "U WOT M8" at them. It was adorable.

• Like 1

Dodgers P Josh Ravin just caught an 80 gamer for PEDs. Suspension starts immediately, Ravin is currently on the 60 day DL with a super gruesome arm break he got back in February. Here is his excuse:

"During 2016 spring training, I came down with a severe case of intestinal flu and strep throat. I was put on antibiotics and lost a total of 20 pounds in less than seven days," Ravin said Monday in a statement. "To try and speed up my recovery, I took some supplements that I thought would help. Unfortunately, I was not as careful as I should have been and one of the supplements contained a banned substance.

"I later learned that the substance showed up in a regular drug test done of me during 2016 spring training. This has been a very painful lesson for me. I have always tried to avoid doing anything in violation of the system and I take full responsibility for the consequences of my actions and my bad judgment. So, I have decided to accept the suspension and continue my ultimate goal to be able to pitch again in the major leagues."

Not that I believe him, but if you are going to start taking some sort of supplement and have an income that even a fringe guy like Ravin has, why in the fuck wouldn't you get whatever you planned on taking tested? It's the one question I always have whenever one of these guys plays the "I didn't know what I was taking" card. If you don't know what you were taking, then you are hella dumb.

Edited by grilledcheese

I might have bought the ignorance card when they first started testing more than a decade ago, but not anymore. If your so stupid that you can't look at the box, or ask your agents to check it out for you, you deserve what you get.  If I owned a team, I hate for guys to get popped, but I'd want them to be honest about it, instead of playing the stupid card.

As for Curt Schilling I hope he gets how much of a toxic bigot he is right now, when FOX  won't give him the time of  day. . . . 

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, look, Bartolo Colon has a 2nd family and is being sued for nonpayment of child support:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/15593253/bartolo-colon-new-york-mets-sued-child-support

I wish I didn't find this funny.  It's really not funny that the major leaguer who had made $100 million or so in his chosen sport can't pay child support for two kids he acknowledges fathering,

It is funny that Big Sexy almost kept this out of the papers.  The woman signed a confidentiality agreement, so the court docs list the parties as anonymous vs. anonymous.  For some reason, Colon is acting his own attorney, so his name appears on court documents as the attorney of record.  Not smart, if you're a public figure who might want to keep this out of the media.

Of course, being a pro athlete with earnings in excess of $100 million and not hiring an attorney for a court proceeding isn't all that smart either.  Maybe he couldn't retain an attorney without alerting Mrs. Colon?  That's all I can figure.