DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Spring 2015

Dolfan in NYC

I remember during his 2nd tenure predicting that Keegan would be gone within the year and then he was. He's about the last guy on the planet I'd trust with that job. As smug as Pardew is (call me Pardiola and all that), I do love the idea of him pissing his pants laughing at how they turned out after he left. 

Alex Neil is 33 years old, he's 3 years older than me. I piss about on Football Manager, this dude will be managing in the Premier League opposite Mourinho, Wenger et al. I do think the Premiership needs at least one Scotsman manager at all times too.

Also, Delia seemed relatively sober after the match as well.

Liking the Bournemouth/Watford/Norwich promotion triumvirate, all three of them are at least 604 times more likeable than QPR anyway. Not liking the prediction doing the rounds that Eddie Howe gets the sack by Christmas so Harry fucking Redknapp steps in there and then blames everyone else if they're relegated.

Nothing against Norwich winning, but they really were the least interesting choice from a neutrals' perspective when you had Boro (last top-flight appearance: 2009), Ipswich (2002) and Brentford (1947!) sitting right there.

Ancelotti has been sacked as Madrid coach. Replacement to be announced next week.

Rafa Benitez is the 99% lock to take over at Madrid

Ancelotti will take a year off from coaching to have surgery and recover.  And he will get $4 mil from Madrid for half his last year's salary as a severance package.

Guest Edwin

Ancelotti has been sacked as Madrid coach. Replacement to be announced next week.

Rafa Benitez is the 99% lock to take over at Madrid

Ancelotti will take a year off from coaching to have surgery and recover.  And he will get $4 mil from Madrid for half his last year's salary as a severance package.

Rafa is almost a lock for the spot with Klopp rumors toning and Zidane rumors also catching up about him also being a replacement.

Chicharito is on his way back to United as Madrid decided not to pick him up.

The inquiry is also a major threat to Sepp Blatter, FIFA’s longtime president who is generally recognized as the most powerful person in sports, though he was not charged. Law enforcement officials said that the investigation is ongoing, and that Mr. Blatter was not yet considered cleared of any wrongdoing. An election, seemingly pre-ordained to give him a fifth term as president, is scheduled for Friday.

NY times

Oh, and noted shitbum Mike Ashley says he won't sell Newcastle "until we win a trophy, or qualify for the Champions League". 

Would this count?

tumblr_n4t9guwUb31sli0pno2_500.png

Oh please let this be as happy a day as I hope it is.

If there's one thing that brings almost all fans together it's wanting to see FIFA get cleaned up. Been a pipe dream forever, but at least this opens the door a crack.

Here's hoping man.

• Like 1

Phil Parkinson wins the FA Cup Manager of the Year Award by the League Managers Association, the official group for all professional football managers. A deserved award for the best team performance in any football game this season. Granted I'm not the most objective person but you would agree, yes?