DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Spring 2015

Dolfan in NYC

Guest Edwin

Ancelotti and have Madrid have parted ways. Florentino and Ancelotti had a meeting a couple of hours ago and Florentino told Ancelotti they would be hiring a new technical to work aside him, but he didn't like the idea and decided to quit. Those are the reports coming out of Madrid from Madridistas.

I guess they'll probably be picking up Benítez or Klopp. I know some people feel Klopp doesn't wouldn't fit well with Madrid, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he was picked up.

Guest Edwin

Italian media is reporting Milan representatives are heading to Madrid to meet with Ancelotti and that Juve is after Khedira and Ancelotti is expected to hold a press conference confirming his future tomorrow.

I thought Rafa was all but confirmed to take over in Madrid? I could see him winning the treble next year (or flaming out and getting sacked by January - but the less likelier of the two options). He has the best players in the world at his disposal, can rotate with their ridiculous depth and his tactical nous is made for deep runs in Europe.

Guest Edwin

Rafa was rumored in Italy and Spain of having had signed with Madrid and then he said they were just rumors. Today the ball has really been rolling in Italy and Spain on the entire fiasco.

Guest Edwin

Free kick goal scoring GK Sao Paulo legend, Rogério Ceni is retiring on July 26th...

And I just found out Orlando City is negotiating with Luís Fabiano... Not sure how I feel about that. I haven't watched him since he left Sevilla where he was good at, but that was 4 years ago and he's 34 now. Plus signing him would probably cutdown Cyle Larin's minutes and he's been falling in form lately and has been one of the key players in City at least somewhat getting their things together.

One of the best things about end of season games.. if you get a game between teams whose positions are secure, defenders get a little heavy legged, and the strikers try to pad their stats. say, like in a 5-3 Madrid-Getafe game with almost a full half left to play?

Guest Edwin

Considering how late in the season Dortmund was in the relegation spots (new Year's) to see them qualify for Europe via the league is.. wow. the Bundesliga other then Bayern was rather averaged out weren't they?

Actually, no.

Bundesliga had several teams playing really well; off the top of my head Wolfsburg, Gladbach, Leverkusen and Schlake had great season.

Schalke got off to a shaky start, but got things together.

Sure it was Bayern's season again, but those teams were good and the clubs in the Champions League next season should do well.

Drogba subbed off at the Bridge and literally carried off by his teammates as a measure of respect. Love it.

NBC really dropped the ball by not doing a whiparound coverage thing today ala Gillette Soccer Saturday. It's unbelievable, Jeff.

You know, I think Rodgers is a fine manager and should be given another season but this is just crying out "sack plz!" I'm all the way back at 1-0 on my DVR but god damn, man. Stevie deserves a better send-off.

Drogba subbed off at the Bridge and literally carried off by his teammates as a measure of respect. Love it.

NBC really dropped the ball by not doing a whiparound coverage thing today ala Gillette Soccer Saturday. It's unbelievable, Jeff.

I like the novelty of games on places like Syfy and Oxygen. Of course, i watch on the NBCSN app, so its all moot for me. :)

----

Rebecca Lowe is on Richard Deitsch's new SI Media pod and does a great job detailing how thorough her work week can be during thr season.

You know, I think Rodgers is a fine manager and should be given another season but this is just crying out "sack plz!" I'm all the way back at 1-0 on my DVR but god damn, man. Stevie deserves a better send-off.

No way this should be on Rodgers' head. If THIS is the sendoff your team gives a guy like Gerrard, that's a team effort. Blame is like fertilizer.

Gutierrez scores late, Newcastle's bacon confirmed saved. Harsh on Hull who have 7 minutes of stoppage time to get through here.

You don't think having 7 midfielders on the pitch yet still being completely having no ball retention is all on the players? Trying a new formation without strikers when Jordon Ibe has experience as a striker? He froze out Lambert, Borini, and Balotelli. I mean obviously this isn't on strikers but how are you going to play 7 fucking midfielders? He's found a hard time balancing attack and defence his entire tenure here.

Also, this is shamelessly swiped from RAWK and will mirror Rodgers' press conference:

gezY6Ki.png

Edit: my only hope is that the transfer committee is given the boot too. That's clearly not a model for success and if you want somebody other than the manager looking out for long-term success of the club in terms of transfers, a DOF would be the right way to go.

Edited by Oyaji

West Ham finished 12th on the table, and missed the top half by a single point. Seems like a harsh sacking for Big Sam.

Oh, and noted shitbum Mike Ashley says he won't sell Newcastle "until we win a trophy, or qualify for the Champions League". So I'm suck with this arsehole forever. Fuck.

• Like 1

West Ham finished 12th on the table, and missed the top half by a single point. Seems like a harsh sacking for Big Sam.

Oh, and noted shitbum Mike Ashley says he won't sell Newcastle "until we win a trophy, or qualify for the Champions League". So I'm suck with this arsehole forever. Fuck.

"Unless Rangers come up for sale again."