DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 2nd Half

ChesterCopperpot

They can't, and they're probably 1st round fodder now, but getting the Dragon re-signed now becomes priority A number 1.  

I'm thinking they're going to go hard after Blatche now, and that will make next year very interesting. 

Of course, nothing can be projected out beyond that, since the entire '17 season may be lost.

EDIT -- Also, I'm upset about the Bosh news, but it's better that this got caught now and not in 2 months when he pulls a Hank Gathers.  

Watching this Dallas-OKC game, I don't like the body language of the Mavs. Guys just weren't hustling for rebounds, waiting for OKC to set their defense while arguing about who was going to take the ball out, standing around, hoping someone else would pick up their man. I know it is just one game but the Mavs don't scare me as much as they did like a month ago. 

I'm hoping it's just post-brake laziness, and we get over it quick. 

Maybe the Rondo trade screwed them up, he's been pretty bad from what I've seen.

It's well known that I was not a fan of the trade in the first place.  It stinks even more when I see how many good PGs were move around yesterday for practically nothing.  I mean damn, we could have probably made a solid move for Dragic, based on how that deal went down.  Unless Dirk's shot doctor can fix Rondo by season's end, we are one and done in the playoffs.

I feel like this sort of stuff happens constantly in every sport. We are always getting reports about how agents will do deals or grease the wheels on a trade with the expectation that another player under their charge will get a favorable deal somewhere down the line. Heck, it was widely reported earlier this season that Tristan Thompson will probably be offered an above market value contract by the Cavs because keeping Rich Paul happy was a part of keeping Lebron James happy. I think this story is only noteworthy because of the names involved. 

• Like 1

I feel like this sort of stuff happens constantly in every sport. We are always getting reports about how agents will do deals or grease the wheels on a trade with the expectation that another player under their charge will get a favorable deal somewhere down the line. Heck, it was widely reported earlier this season that Tristan Thompson will probably be offered an above market value contract by the Cavs because keeping Rich Paul happy was a part of keeping Lebron James happy. I think this story is only noteworthy because of the names involved. 

Scott Boras and David Falk have been accused of this type of thing for years.  This is just how sports works.

• Like 1

Meanwhile, on the court, the Cavs just embarrassed the Wizards.

Noteworthy.

Kendrick Perkins or Ray Allen? I actually think the Cavs need Perkins more as weird as that sounds.

I think Perkins is about as good a pick up as the Cavs can make. Don't get me wrong, he is terrible, but he actually fits a need. The Cavs already have a bunch of old jump shooters.

Also, I'm sad about Bosh.  Shit sounds scary.  We tend to forget these players are people sometimes.  I dig his personality and how he spoke honestly about his basketball struggles and adjustments.

Basketball-wise, it's a fun starting lineup on paper.  Injuries suck.

• Like 1

Wow and I didn't think I could think less of Lebron

Somehow, I don't think he cares that you could not think less about him.

So nobody can criticize LeBron. Got it.

You've got nothing, sweet child.  And if you ever did have something, you lost it a long time ago

Ego issues aside, it is still really dumb to let any active athlete dictate front office moves. I know it happens alot, but it still isn't smart, not matter who you are. . .

For as much as it gets crapped on the 2013 draft provided some stud defenders. Dieng, Noel, Len and Gobert are all in the top 15 for defensive impact already. Gobert the highest at 4th overall with 2.2 blocks per game in 21 minutes. Obscene 37.8% opponent field goal percentage at the rim.

Ego issues aside, it is still really dumb to let any active athlete dictate front office moves. I know it happens alot, but it still isn't smart, not matter who you are. . .

Most folks wouldn't argue that.  But that isn't the argument.  The argument is that IF this story is true, it's not the first time it's happened, nor will it be the last.  Most of us here are wrestling fans, we know how behind the curtain deals work.  Why get preachy over something like that?  No one has to like it,  But it is what it is, and if someone has the leverage to do it, then more power to them.

What in hell are you talking about? The problem isn't even "superstar athlete has power over personnel decisions". The problem is "superstar athlete has power over personnel decisions and it was wielded in such a way that an extremely talented player got set aside because that player didn't sign with superstar athlete's agent."

• Like 1