DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 2nd Half

ChesterCopperpot

Lakers on a 3 game winning streak. Up to 16 wins. Right now Orlando and LA have the same amount of losses. Orlando has 3 more wins. We play the Lakers twice still. Not impossible for Orlando to drop below them. Would just need 1 team to jump into the top 3 while the Lakers stay pat in order to get their pick this year. Sixers losing both games would help.

I know most people remember that game years ago when Minnesota played the Grizzlies. Grizzlies wanted to lose since it would give them home court in the first round. Which sounds ludicrous I know. Good thing they changed the format. Minnesota wanted to lose as well since winning would have cost them their first round pick. So we ended up seeing Mark Madsen jack up 7 3 pointers. I hope both Sixers vs Lakers games turn into that kind of mess. Boozer has only taken 14 3 pointers in his entire career. He should have that many in each game.

If the Sixers don't end up with the top pick I hope they at least consider moving up to get Russell. Fits what we already have perfectly. If he is gone than Towns. Okafor I would just want as trade bait. Hasn't shown much defensive potential and bigs that are game changers need to be dominant on both ends. He is just a freshman though and expecting a full developed game already isn't fair. Especially if he is playing passive not to foul. Since the offense runs through him.

Where is Westbrook on the MVP ladder right now?  I'd put it Harden > Westbrook > Lebron > Curry, but Russ and Lebron are obviously climbing.

Westbrook could have catapulted himself into the top spot the last couple nights. Losing 2 close nationally televised games will cost him votes. Even with the gaudy stats. I give him a lot of credit for realizing the mistake from the Phoenix game the night before and only attempting one 3 point shot last night. The ten he took the night before shouldn't happen. He'll probably lose votes over that 10 game winning streak they had last year with him out as well. Although 3 straight triple doubles has to work in his favor. I just read someone say he should be MVP that was one of the weirdos that thought they should trade him for Rondo. If he is winning over the people that were that blind maybe he has a shot at it.

Even with the back to back losses, OKC's record without Durant is pretty good. If Scotty Brooks wasn't such a dope, I think Russ would be the favorite by now.

It's nice to see Russ getting the credit he deserves finally. It's sort of insane how many times his name was passed over in the best PG discussions over the last few years.

HAHAHAHA!!! I had no idea about the Black Falcon. It's a cool nickname if given to you. But why would you make that your own nickname? It's sort of crazy person talk.

But Carmelo Anthony is way, way, way lamer. I'm not one to agree with Simmons but his mockery of Melo in his last piece was spot on.

My friend described Melo perfectly. He's a total poser. He wants to be this "brand" -- he now signs autographs with "This Is Melo" -- and absolutely no one gives one crap. Except seemingly for me, since I find this oddly hilarious.

He's had that nickname since he was at UNC

Even with the back to back losses, OKC's record without Durant is pretty good. If Scotty Brooks wasn't such a dope, I think Russ would be the favorite by now.

Yeah I was curious what the records looked like so I went through the game logs.

This year with Westbrook and no Durant they are 11-7 for a .611 winning percentage.

Last year with no Westbrook they were 25-11 for a .694 winning percentage.

A .611 winning percentage right now would be the 6th seed in the West and a 5 seed in the East.

I also counted the losses to non playoff caliber teams. In those 7 losses without Durant one of them has been to a non playoff caliber team. 3 of the 11 losses with out Westbrook the year before were to non playoff caliber teams.

Harden has the same winning percentage without Howard this year that Durant had without Westbrook.

Lakers on a 3 game winning streak. Up to 16 wins. Right now Orlando and LA have the same amount of losses. Orlando has 3 more wins. We play the Lakers twice still. Not impossible for Orlando to drop below them. Would just need 1 team to jump into the top 3 while the Lakers stay pat in order to get their pick this year. Sixers losing both games would help.

You can only imagine the mixed reaction (mostly upset) among Laker fans right now. :) They'll get back to losing with a tougher schedule starting with OKC, followed by a road trip thru Charlotte, Miami & Memphis.  Looking at the rest of their schedule, I think they get 22-24 wins. Orlando's at 19. I think they stay at 4, but its possible they slip to 5 or worse 6 and like I said when the Sixers made that deal with the Suns, that's a pretty good gamble. Even if the Lakers keep the pick this year, Sixers might get a lottery pick anyway next season. Lakers would have to pull off a pretty big turnaround in 1 season.

If only Byron just played the younger guys all the time, they at least could have the TWolves get past them. I think the Sixers prior to that deal could have passed them as well.

As much as I hated the Nash deal and its come back to bite them in the arse, at least Nash is doing one thing that I like for the Lakers and that's help out rookie Jordan Clarkson. You can see the improvement in Clarkson. I'd say him and Ed Davis have been the bright spots this season.

My buddy Aaron and I have restarted out old basketball podcast, Holding Court. This is the YouTube version. It's about 10-15 minutes of basketball/actual life part and the rest is an extended comedy bit involving the man who plays Franklin, the Sixers new mascot. Check it out if you can!

Lebron couldn't hit a free throw to save his life that game, and the Cavs lose to Rockets in OT due to it.  The 2nd through 4th seeds in the East are tightening up.

Harden would be my MVP pick point at this point, especially since he's doing all of this without Dwight, but man, I do not like watching him march to free throw lines with his moves.  I'm not saying it's not effective or even he shouldn't be doing it; take what the refs and rules give you.  Shit works.  I'm just saying it's not my favorite thing to watch.

Lebron couldn't hit a free throw to save his life that game, and the Cavs lose to Rockets in OT due to it.  The 2nd through 4th seeds in the East are tightening up.

Harden would be my MVP pick point at this point, especially since he's doing all of this without Dwight, but man, I do not like watching him march to free throw lines with his moves.  I'm not saying it's not effective or even he shouldn't be doing it; take what the refs and rules give you.  Shit works.  I'm just saying it's not my favorite thing to watch.

I've heard multiple players talk about how Harden's #1 talent is that you can't help but foul him.  He drives tot he basket differently than everyone else and defenders have no idea to react to it.  He's the MVP by a good margin in my mind, and I'm Westbrook's #1 fan.  Have you seen their starting line up lately?  They are the 3 seed in one of the toughest conferences ever, and it's because Harden can't be stopped.

I honestly don't even know what the argument for anyone other than Harden is right now.  He's maximized his talent and found the perfect sweet spot in the modern NBA to exploit everything.

I honestly don't even know what the argument for anyone other than Harden is right now.  He's maximized his talent and found the perfect sweet spot in the modern NBA to exploit everything.

It is insane how his exact skill set exploits the current trends of drive and kick/pace and space over the last few seasons.  He is the perfect modern shooting guard.  He can shoot threes, get to the basket whenever he wants, magnetically attracts fouls, plus he has elite court vision and passing skills.  He's a top 5 player in the league, and is probably top 3.

I would love Harden a lot more if he was like 15% less floppy. There was that play in today's game late when he had the ball, locked arms with LeBron, and pushed in an attempt to draw a foul. And took about seven steps, too.

• Like 2

I would love Harden a lot more if he was like 15% less floppy. There was that play in today's game late when he had the ball, locked arms with LeBron, and pushed in an attempt to draw a foul. And took about seven steps, too.

He's unquestionably hateable.  But flopping to draw fouls is smart basketball, no matter how much people hate it.

Like I said, guys just need to blade to.  Instant fix.

He's unquestionably hateable.  But flopping to draw fouls is smart basketball, no matter how much people hate it.

Like I said, guys just need to blade to.  Instant fix.

I would love to see if these guys could blade half as well as bret or shawn. . .

• Like 1

Manu is fun and aesthetically pleasing to watch whereas, IMO, James Harden is one of the least aesthetically pleasing or fun to watch star players I've ever seen. I'd pay money to see prime Manu play, I wouldn't go see prime Harden play for free.