DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 2nd Half

ChesterCopperpot

DJ Augustin is on OKC now too.  So they turned Perkins/Jackson into Kanter/DJ.  That's pretty damn impressive.

The #1 seed in the West is the absolute worst spot to be in right now.  

I'm not feeling this trade as much as some.  Just felt like the person with the brightest future was the one the Thunder gave away.  I like Kanter, but I don't know how much of a major contribution he'll make once Adams gets back.  Augustin is a much better PG than I initially realized, but the trade feels almost lateral to me, aside from the cash they're saving by dumping Perkins.

I dunno who's on what team anymore...except I know the Lakers didn't make a deal, which I approve since they need to tank, tank hard! :) Hoping the TWolves can get inspired by KG and the Lakers can dip down a spot. Its not so much wanting the top pick, but keeping it. Also, think Lakers were better off not going after Dragic because if they stay in that 3-5 range, they might end up drafting a point guard anways.

VERY UPSET AT THE SIXERS!!!! They were playing so well and now they seem to be making sure they stay even worse the rest of the season and have a bunch of draft picks. BTW, It would be hilarious if someone created a Sixers jersey with the number of picks w/ the word "draft picks" on it.

Isn't Brandon Knight a free agent this summer or still restricted?

Kanter's better than Perkins by a pretty considerable distance. And Reggie was walking the second the season ended.

Oh, I agree about Kanter, though I think Perkins is someone whose experience will be much more valuable once the playoffs start.  And unless I've reading it wrong, Kanter is a restricted free agent so he could potentially walk at the end of the season too.  Hey, I hope I'm wrong about this, it's just after all the buzz of making trades, I'm just kinda left with a "that's it?" feeling.

Phoenix gave up the rights to the Lakers top-5 protected pick for this year to the Sixers. That might be the worse trade the Suns made. Lakers are bad, but Knicks and Sixers got a lot worse. I think LA plays the Sixers twice. LA has come close to winning games, but Byron's been able to pull guys out at the right time late in games OR we have Jeremy Lin turning the ball over to get us the loss. LA's 4th worse right now. All it would take is 2 teams leapfrogging LA w/ those ping pong balls for the Sixers to end up with the 6th pick. That's a good gamble trade for the Sixers. Worst case, they end up with another 1st round pick that might not be as high as it is this year. Even if LA improves slightly for next season, they're still a long way from being good. Maybe a low lottery pick or something in the 15-18 range next season.

• Like 1

It's admirable of the Suns to try and salvage a sinking ship, and Brandon Knight is the player for the job, but yeah.. giving up that pick was BAD.  

In the long run they have about the same chance of holding on to the 8 seed as they did a week ago.  Which is almost no chance.  I guess Knight will be cheaper to hold on to than Dragic, but not by much.

• Like 1

Fine with the Sixers trades. Been obvious for a while MCW isn't in the long term plans. I think his hideous turnover rate will improve on a better team. Plus it won't matter as much that he can't shoot. I look forward to seeing the posts on realgm blasting the Sixers when these same people have spent the last year talking about how awful MCW is.

I gave up on caring if McDaniels came back last month. McDaniels started out relatively strong. Has been worthless when in the starting lineup. His production has been on a steady decline. He was good value for where he was drafted had he signed for more than 1 season. Made for some good highlights though. McDaniels court time is better served going to Covington and Grant. Both are better prospects. McDaniels can't dribble or pass so once the 3s stopped dropping made no sense to have him out there. He would easily hold the NBA record for turnovers from stepping out of bounds if that was tracked.

Getting to go and play for Jason Kidd was the best thing that could happen for MCW. Hope it works out for him. Hopefully Kidd can get through to him that body language and confidence matter when you are trying to be the floor general. Stop pouting.

Watching this Dallas-OKC game, I don't like the body language of the Mavs. Guys just weren't hustling for rebounds, waiting for OKC to set their defense while arguing about who was going to take the ball out, standing around, hoping someone else would pick up their man. I know it is just one game but the Mavs don't scare me as much as they did like a month ago. 

At his best, Reggie Jackson is a guy that could give the Pistons race for the 8th spot the push it needs.  But he's not been that great this year, so I'm in wait and see mode.

On one hand, the Pistons also brought back an old, slowing down veteran who used to be a great wing defender.  On the other they brought back the guy who made my favorite play in NBA history.  Welcome home Tay.

Are you ready for Kirk Hinrich to take all of Tony Snell's minutes back?  Because that is 100% happening tonight.  Over the break Thibs made a point to tell reporters that the Bulls are 11-5 when Kirk plays 30+ minutes. He failed to mention that we are 8-2 when Kirk plays 0 minutes.  

Tony is 18-22 in his last two games.  Kirk might not make 18 shots in the next 30 days.