DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 2nd Half

ChesterCopperpot

Real talk, on the Rondo thing, I don't think it's going to be a huge deal in the long run.  Honestly, we usually play better without him on the floor anyway. Tonight was a case in point.

I would imagine its one of those moments that the media will make a bigger deal about especially since he's going to be a free agent.

I'm going to wait and see how long Rose is out before declaring anything, but man.  Tough season for superstar injuries/health.  Durant, Bosh, Rose, Kobe, etc.

In lighter news....

Steve Nash         @SteveNash

I'm the hardest 41 yr old you know Brodie. Watch your mouth or temecula RT @DeanTheMadKing: FUCK you YOU WASHED UP FRAIL ASS BITCH!!!

• Like 1

No clue about Rose until the surgery, but I would guess that he will have the torn part removed this time considering it was the same knee last year.  I'm not sure if that is a good thing, but if that's the case he might be able to play in the playoffs.  He has been playing on it apparently, because they don't know exactly when it happened.  Here is to hoping that means it isn't as bad as the last one.

It's time for the Jimmy Buckets show.

Hopefully he will think long term again. Which might mean taking basketball out of the equation completely. I don't mean never playing again just avoiding a quick fix. He is at risk now of entering Brandon Roy territory since a quick fix could leave him bone on bone like Roy. I respected that choice since athletes at his level typically are hyper competitive and can make bad choices in the moment.

I wonder where his head is at. Having a 16 PER this year had to be incredibly frustrating. Especially with the flashes of brilliance. Looked like he was trending upwards though albeit slowly. Hopefully he can handle the hits to the ego. Because he is probably going to have to reinvent himself. Something Iverson could never do but Rose has better reasons. Iverson's ego could never get out of the way.

I fear if he goes for the quick fix this year he would be doing so knowing it could be for one last playoff run. Hard to justify that at 26. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some pressure on him to try. Most of the key pieces of the team are locked up for a couple more years. No shame in looking to next year again.

Sorry you all will have to suffer through Hinrich playing big minutes again. Hard to overcome a guy with a 7.2 PER being on the court a lot.

Terrible timing with the trade deadline just ending.

Awww, sheee-iiiittt. SAVE US, GOODHELMET. You're our only hope against your soon to be bloodthristy Admin brother.

Yeah, be afraid. I don't know if I can shield anyone this time.

Thank God Rippa's doing MM this year. Jae would be setting that tournament up for nothing but bile and rage.

Hopefully he will think long term again. Which might mean taking basketball out of the equation completely. I don't mean never playing again just avoiding a quick fix. He is at risk now of entering Brandon Roy territory since a quick fix could leave him bone on bone like Roy. I respected that choice since athletes at his level typically are hyper competitive and can make bad choices in the moment.

I wonder where his head is at. Having a 16 PER this year had to be incredibly frustrating. Especially with the flashes of brilliance. Looked like he was trending upwards though albeit slowly. Hopefully he can handle the hits to the ego. Because he is probably going to have to reinvent himself. Something Iverson could never do but Rose has better reasons. Iverson's ego could never get out of the way.

I fear if he goes for the quick fix this year he would be doing so knowing it could be for one last playoff run. Hard to justify that at 26. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some pressure on him to try. Most of the key pieces of the team are locked up for a couple more years. No shame in looking to next year again.

Sorry you all will have to suffer through Hinrich playing big minutes again. Hard to overcome a guy with a 7.2 PER being on the court a lot.

Terrible timing with the trade deadline just ending.

Thing is.  If he snips it, makes a decent run in the playoffs this year and plays next season someone might pay him when his contract is up.  If he goes for the full repair and it doesn't take this is his last payday.

With that in mind + that it was the same knee.  I think there is a decent chance he snips away the tear.  That seems to be what the Bulls beat writers believe will happen.

Thing is.  If he snips it, makes a decent run in the playoffs this year and plays next season someone might pay him when his contract is up.  If he goes for the full repair and it doesn't take this is his last payday.

Definitely possible. Sixers traded Iguodala, Vucevic, Harkless and a 1st for Bynum and Richardson gambling on Bynum's knees.

Going to have some hard choices after next season. Noah will be 31 going into free agency. Depending on what they get from Rose his year or next might end up being time to try and reset.

2q3ul3r.jpg

they're already re-hashing the Rondo to Lakers rumor that went on earlier in the season. He won't kill our offense...Coach Byron doing a good job of that already. :)

Its way too early for people to bring that up since assuming the Lakers keep their pick they'll pick either a center (Okafor or Towns) or a point guard (Russell or Mudiay). If they lose the pick, then yeah, maybe, but I'd rather they go after Dragic if he's an option. Also, its not like things can't change over the course of a few months for Rondo in Dallas especially come playoff time.

And the things is, Dallas is one of the few contending teams that can pay him what he thinks he's worth, due to bird rights.  Cuban loves him and wants to keep him, but if he and Carlisle aren't on the same page, or if there is an early playoff exit, then I can see Rondo being shown the door.  I think Rondo wants to be there, for what its' worth.  I think it's a classic case where you get two assholes in the same room, which coach and Rondo both are, and they either become best friends or they kill each other.

For most athletes we give them a label with little subtlety or complexity to it.  We think so-and-so is a "good guy" or "bad guy" so we can rationalize whatever they do and whether we like them based on this black and white opinion.  I thought this before I watched the Larry Sanders video, so it was interesting to hear him echo some of those sentiments in it.

Okay, I'm not seeing the Spurs repeating this year.  It's not about doubting them.  Too many mountains in the West to climb and they're not at their peak. ~Don't even ask me how~

In all seriousness, the Timberwolves are in the midst of an all time great tanking season.  Flip played hard ball with the K Love offers until they somehow ended up with the #1 overall pick with unlimited upside. Perfectly timed injuries to their 3 best players, insuring a half season of absolute tanking without crushing the young guys confidence or trading away over performing veterans.  Played hard every night.  Played their best players big minutes every night. Then they go out and sign the ultimate locker room culture guy who happens to be a local legend AND they can begin to practice on winning principals while still getting a stupid high draft pick.

Now they are sitting at 13-43 with 3 big men, a really good pass first PG, a lights out veteran shooter, absurd collection of upside prospects and THE prospect.  I wouldn't be surprised if they went on a little run to finish out the year.

I'm fully on board with what the Sixers are trying to do, but it will never work out as perfectly as this years T Wolves team. I mean, look at this GIF.

TintedAnguishedAntelopegroundsquirrel.gi

That shit is keeping the rest of the West up at night.

Only thing they did dumb was trade us Miami's first for Young. We got value from Shved in that deal as well.

Still laughing that there were Sixers fans angry we were getting that pick instead of Bennett. I think i posted here at the time that one guy said he was getting season tickets once he heard we were getting Bennett. Could get him for a protected 2nd rounder before the deadline. The thing about the first overall pick. You pay them a good amount of coin. 13 million for the next 2 years. 6 and 7 during the option year. Not likely anyone would pick up that option now but if you are tempted by that potential at 6 million what is an extra one?

I wound up watching a bunch of that Wolves/Wizards game last night. Wiggins is going to be real good. His jumper is only going to get better, he's already got a couple goto moves to get to the rim or get to the line, and his defense is already at a high level.

If he only gets a little better from here, he'll probably be a multiple time all-star. If he puts in the work and it pays off, he could wind up as a Top 5-10 player in the league.

KG being a player/coach for the next year or two is real smart. Wiggins is naturally a laid back dude but KG's going to be there to prod him, encourage him and show him how to deal with being the man on a team.

Meanwhile, the Wizards fucking suck. Fire the coach NOW and save this season.