DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 2nd Half

ChesterCopperpot

I should point out that, in retrospect, Grant Hill leaving Detroit for Orlando wound up being one of the best things to ever happen to the Pistons. Got Chucky Atkins and MOTHERFUCKING BEN WALLACE as basically ignored pieces for the sign and trade and led eventually to the no stars title team.

Isn't he still suspended by the league?

I don't know why Dragic would want to go to the Knicks given how invested they are in the triangle offense. I can kind of see why LA since it is LA and the weather here is great, but I would think he'd like to see were they land in the lottery.  He might cost them the pick. This year's Lakers have gotten horrible point guard play and have had several games were they lost late in the 4th or in OTs due to either Lin or Clarkson turning the ball over or playing poorly down the stretch. He'd probably get them a few more wins and drop them down in the draft. I could see Phoenix taking that into consideration. They could improve their odds of getting the pick.

I'd rather the Lakers not make that deal.  Keep the picks. Maybe sign Dragic as a FA.

Double post: Looks like Larry Sanders has been bought out. Does anyone take the chance on him?

I would say probably not this year, and I'd say it's an outside chance next year.  I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up in Europe or Asia.

Sanders is getting $13M of the $40M he's owed, stretched out to 2022, which is a heck of a deal for the Bucks.

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA

Yahoo Sources: Suns much more focused on discussing Dragic deals w/ Celtics, Rockets, Kings, among others, than any teams on guard's list.

Mavs mentioned as interested in Larry Sanders. Saw that earlier.

Also saw that Reggie Jackson asked OKC to trade him.

I also noticed yesterday a rumor that made its way onto my twitter timeline that the Pistons were interested in Joe Johnson and thought I should mention it here.

Sanders seems like he wants to get his head cleared. Good for him.

Melo's season ending surgery one day after the All-Star game is perfect. Dude's such a clown. He stayed with the Knicks no doubt for more money and to build his fake Jay-Z tech investor brand. And no doubt that played a role in his decision to play in the All-Star game. (And he should not have been a starter but, alas, people are dumb.)

Do you need further proof that Carmelo Anthony is the worst? May I introduce you to MELO, his official website that is more like an awful web version of GQ. It's largely links to other websites, with some poorly written original content. But it also has "Melovision" and "Melonetwork" filled with all the latest news and photos of the New York Knicks leading scorer!

"With a wide variety of social, cultural, and business interests, Carmelo Anthony is more than just a basketball player. Thisismelo.com reflects the multifaceted nature of its editor in chief by telling stories that matter, from New York and beyond."

I don't really get your Melo hate, Gregg. Dude is transparent about wanting to make money hand over fist. Can't fault a man for that. I'd rather have that than athletes saying they want to win above all else....as long as they don't have to take a pay cut. If you're making fun of Carmelo for his interests outside of basketball, I think he is probably in the overwhelming majority of athletes with interests that most would find lame and laughable. I'd rather have Carmelo and his self published magazines about "luxury time pieces" and whatever else than another dude who can only talk about smoking weed and playing XBox. I feel like you're trying to paint Melo as a black A-Rod, but I just don't see it. 

Carmelo is not going to be fondly remembered, but he is clearly one of the best players of this generation.  His best teammate ever is either J.R. Smith or Tyson Chandler.  When your best teammate is either a defense only big man or someone who's career numbers on Sundays are terrible because he can't stop partying, you won't win many championships.  I don't get why people don't like athletes to have outside interests, is your job the only thing you're interested in?  Seriously, these guys have the means to live their lives however they want, why should they limit themselves?

Chauncey was still pretty good that first year or two in Denver. They went to the wcf the first year.

Iverson wasn't bad the year or two they played together either, but neither guy was anything close to being at their peak.  That team getting to the Western Conference Finals is probably the best evidence of how good Carmelo Anthony can be if surrounded by a decent supporting cast.  That team was pretty good, more because they were well coached professionals who had seen it all than their individual talent.  I'd say that J.R. Smith and Tyson Chandler were better that one year in New York where everyone pretended that they were title contenders than A.I. or Billups were as individual players.