DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I think they still consider pre-1992 "World Championship Wrestling" - they've added barely any of the Center Stage era, and I wish they would, because the show looks so much better there.  At least they added the ep with the Terry Funk v. Eddie Guerrero squash match which was fucking awesome in every way, including Funk piledriving young Eddie on the floor.

• Like 1

I am watching Brock vs Reigns in this format and while the quality is great I feel like sometimes it is too close as you miss some of Brock's best throws.   Also the shot from the crowd at times made no sense since the fans either blocking the view or was fuzzy.  I was hoping this was the footage would prove whether Brock bladed but the cameraman was right in the shot.

Although it really shows you how stiff Reigns was to Brock and how that face the next night was understandable.      And I don't know if this is the same with the other matches but it seems like they limited the commentary as well in this mode which given the product is one of the best things about this

I'd never seen the Warrior match from the Andre collection. I can't believe they screwed up the camera shot of the body slam spot. Other than that, it kind of exemplifies all of the things Andre was great at in that stage of his career, and Warrior holds up his end fine. 

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The new Ride Along is AJ Styles and Bobby Roode and Jinder Mahal and which ever Singh Brother isn't hurt

Roode: "Boy I'm so glad we're out of that shithole in Orlando."

AJ": "Yeah, that place was the absolute worst. Everyone there was miserable or sucked."

Jinder: "Um...  They wouldn't even hire me."

**AWKWARD SILENCE**

A Singh: *Throws himself out of car bumping for an RKO*

Based on who they are following for WrestleMania Diaries - expect the following people to be featured when they eventually release the WWE 24: WrestleMania for this year

Jeff Jarrett

Asuka

Daniel Bryan

On 4/3/2018 at 9:23 AM, RIPPA said:

The new Ride Along is AJ Styles and Bobby Roode and Jinder Mahal and which ever Singh Brother isn't hurt

Finally watched it

My favorite line - Jinder "I wished I loved something as half as much as you "the non-injured Singh" loved Tupac"

Cribbing straight from the observer website:

WWE announced the second annual Mae Young Classic and another United Kingdom tournament, which will be called King of the Ring. When the tournaments will be happening wasn't mentioned, but Dave Meltzer reported last month that there's been "a lot of movement going on behind the scenes" with the company's UK project lately.

WWE's initial UK tournament took place across two days in January 2017, with Tyler Bate becoming the inaugural United Kingdom Champion. Kairi Sane won the first Mae Young Classic by defeating Shayna Baszler in the finals last summer.

The commercial also advertised new seasons of the Edge & Christian Show, Table for Three, Ride Along, Camp WWE, and WWE Story Time, along with a WWE 365 documentary on AJ Styles and WWE 24 specials on The Hardys, Raw's 25th anniversary, and Ronda Rousey.

"Something Else to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard" -- based on Prichard and Conrad Thompson's podcast -- and "Elias: Unplugged" were announced as coming to the Network as well.

I like “Something To Wrestle With” a lot, and yeah, it’s cool that it’ll be on WWEN. Because they can intersplice some clips like the OSW Reviews and all. But I fear it’ll mean the end of the profanity and openness of some things on the show. I guess we’ll see. 

11 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

I like “Something To Wrestle With” a lot, and yeah, it’s cool that it’ll be on WWEN. Because they can intersplice some clips like the OSW Reviews and all. But I fear it’ll mean the end of the profanity and openness of some things on the show. I guess we’ll see. 

I'm assuming they are still going to do their regular weekly marathon show, and just a few specials on the network like Austin and Jericho did.

As long as they can sell ads while Bruce says "motherfucker" I assume that they will.

I've listened to a few of them, and at times it's fascinating, but at others I'm just "oh Christ Bruce is so full of shit"