DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

On 01/02/2018 at 12:47 PM, Oyaji said:

From PWspyware.com:

I need this in my life. The other stuff they've been adding is neat and all but one of the big blindspots in my wrestling viewing is early '90s Saturday Night. I've managed to watch some but there are so many great li'l six-men tags and TV title defences I really would like to see from the pre-Hogan era. Even the Hogan era had some wacky fun matches. Kaz vs. Raven 4 life.

Ok, if goes all the way to that summer 92 2/3 Falls series which had a random-ass Brad Armstrong vs. Great Muta 2/3 Falls match, that'll be awesome.

• Like 2

I have all the shows on dvd but the 1991 wcw sat night shows are random quality. If i could have anything on the network it would definitely be 1991 and 1992 wcw tv.  The early 91 horsemen vs sting, steiners, pillman, lex  feud is one of my favorites of all time.  Then you get into 92 and you get the dangerous alliance.  Lets not forget the amazing Austin TV title matches.   Can it be April already?

• Like 2

I was reading some youtube comments under an 80's ep of Superstars. Someone mentioned that there may be a Wildlife Fund kind of situation with the name, where Vince had to stop using "Superstars of Wrestling" in the 90s. 

That means all those classic 80's episodes  I really want - especially 86-87 - would have to be edited and blurred. If true, it's no wonder they are avoiding release. 

Anyone know about this?

Of course, even if this is the case, it doesn't seem to prevent the release of Championship 84-86. I want that Rock n Rasslin era. Is there maybe a rights issue with Lauper, or something? 

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

If it stops short of 94 I might cry

I just watched Flair/Anderson vs. Vader/Austin from 11/13/93.  They had a really stacked upper mid-card to main event scene in 93-94, and I'd love to go back and watch some of that stuff.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Captain Kronos said:

I was reading some youtube comments under an 80's ep of Superstars. Someone mentioned that there may be a Wildlife Fund kind of situation with the name, where Vince had to stop using "Superstars of Wrestling" in the 90s. 

That means all those classic 80's episodes  I really want - especially 86-87 - would have to be edited and blurred. If true, it's no wonder they are avoiding release. 

Anyone know about this?

Of course, even if this is the case, it doesn't seem to prevent the release of Championship 84-86. I want that Rock n Rasslin era. Is there maybe a rights issue with Lauper, or something? 

Yes, someone already had "Superstars of Wrestling" trademarked.  So any show that has those banners have to be blurred.  It would be an annoying show to watch and I can see why they haven't been uploaded.  Actually I'm amazed we've gotten as many PTWs as we have since they are mostly clip shows.

On 2/1/2018 at 12:08 PM, sydneybrown said:

There was nothing more business-exposing than them showing Hogan/Race in MSG, then following it up with Hogan/Race in Boston where they have the EXACT SAME match.

The worst was Sting/Hogan doing a match on Nitro and then having literally the exact same match, move for move at a ppv the next week. At least those Hogan/Race matches weren't seen by millions of people. 

• Like 1

Finally watched the WWE 24 on Wrestlemania Orlando.   Great stuff as usual.   What I wonder is whether the "holy shit my mom is here" by Cena was a very cool work or did someone "smarten" up his mom that you might want to come to this show and who?   

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Finally watched the WWE 24 on Wrestlemania Orlando.   Great stuff as usual.   What I wonder is whether the "holy shit my mom is here" by Cena was a very cool work or did someone "smarten" up his mom that you might want to come to this show and who?   

I like the idea that he was genuinely surprised and that Hunter or Steph or someone secretly flew her in. 

Wanted to watch a random Prime Time Wrestling and ended up picking the "Face to Face" episode from shortly before WrestleMania 5. Gimmick being that the opponents for the matches at the show all had "debates" with each other. A couple of things from this. Firstly, Rick Rude came out to a generic overdubbed themed. Why? They don't own his actual theme? Second, they had a Face to Face debate with Sherri and Rockin Robin, but what they "debated" was Who's Corner Will Miss Elizabeth Be In For The Hogan/Macho Man Match? I guess they didn't have an actual Women's Match at Mania to hype, but to put the two women out there just to speculate about Miss Elizabeth was strange. Third, Bobby Heenan is the MVP of Mania 5. He was involved in 4 different matches at the show, including wrestling in one of them. I hope he got a great payday for that.

I am thrilled about the CHV additions. Looking through the match listings, I see at least four Tito vs Valentine matches, which is a feud I have been meaning to watch. 

I am also looking forward to the ALEXA BLISS: FIVE FEET OF FURY collection, as it will save me the hassle of digging through for those matches. 

• Like 1

Was wrapping up Schiavone’s newest watchalong and remembered these went up today. Didn’t have much time but I wanted to check out HBK/Savage from UK Rampage ‘92. What a great match this was. If I remember correctly, this is Miss Elizabeth’s last appearance for the company. 

I decided to start from the beginning with BLOOPERS, BLEEPS, AND BODYSLAMS. 

I am kind of surprised that they left in the Blassie "love advice" segment. Blassie talks about how women need to be hit and kicked around sometimes. And also, Freddie and Vince have a hard time not cracking up as Blassie reaches for ever more double entendre. 

TNT is like watching another universe. Iron Sheik has trouble staying in character a few times in the camel segment.

I know we generally prefer full matches. But the truth is, with some notable exceptions, a lot of 70s and 80s WWWF/WWF works just fine as clips. (though I would hope they continue uploading "Old School" shows from time to time)