DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Seeing fully out of character Undertaker casually  hanging out with X-Pac is the strangest fucking thing.

I mean, I get they've known each other for at least 25 years, and them being friends wouldn't be odd at all. But seeing Taker without any gimmick pretense is always weird, adding Waltman is just bizarre.

I think the only other time Taker has been out of character in this Network era was the 24 about last year's Mania and it definitely came across as a guy who didn't feel like he needed to "protect" his gimmick anymore

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I think the only other time Taker has been out of character in this Network era was the 24 about last year's Mania and it definitely came across as a guy who didn't feel like he needed to "protect" his gimmick anymore

Yeah, but even then, it wasn't him casually talking to an old co-worker about a rescue dog.

For the longest time I thought The Gobledy Gooker made only one appearance at SS '90. Watching WWF's Funniest Moments from '91 is shows at least three more. Granted, they appeared to have been from house shows and/or Superstars tapings so I don't believe they were shown on tv, but damn....Vince really really tried to get it to stick.

Also, there was a 30 MINUTE SEGMENT ON THE BUSHWACKERS. Sean Mooney, you lied to me, that was not one hour of great entertainment. Did people really like them that much back then?

3 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

As bad as WCW Thunder is, WCW Saturday Night is that much awesome.  I loved the two-out-of-three-falls main events as a mark in 1992 and I love them now.  Ross needs to cool it with the random football guests, though.

They really need to fill the gaps between 89 and 92 though. I just finished both WCW and Prime Time Wrestling (both end July 89) and I am not ready to jump ahead to 92. Robin Green hasn't even become Woman yet!

Not having the WWF past 89 is the most frustrating. The NWA/WCW takes such a noticeable drop in quality by late 88, but the WWF is just on fire at that time.

BTW - apparently a place holder has popped up on the Network for Sunday Night Heat so folks are speculating that old episodes will be going up soon

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

This right here. I can't wait for the day they put in the roundtable version of Prime Time Wrestling.

I actually want them to bring back the earliest Prime Time Wrestling shows with Jack Reynolds/Jesse Ventura hosting. I adored that arena-show format with the long matches from MSG, Boston, Philly etc.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Vince probably wipes his ass with much less than what that guy wants. I dunno what the hold up is. 

Considering the state of entrance themes on the Network, including ones made in-house, they will clearly go to any length to avoid paying royalties.  I'm surprised they aren't still editing out Jesse.

I'll keep mentioning it, but 1992 WCW Saturday Night is so good.  They did a masterful job building up kicking Zbyszko out of the Dangerous Alliance.  The 2/3 falls match with Anderson/Zbyszko/Eaton v. Steamboat/Rhodes/Koloff gets a lot of time and is great, with a great miscommunication at the end setting up the finish.  Paul E gets pissed off and wants to fight Zbyszko, Larry gets back in his face and Anderson IMMEDIATELY steps in to back him off of the boss.

And we haven't even gotten to A&E breaking his fucking arm yet.

• Like 3

There's a Raven vs Marty Jannetty match from the 5th episode of Thunder that is a ton of fun actually they brawl around the entrance,  Jannetty fends off inference from The Flock. And it was pretty good in ring to boot. Jannetty in WCW was random but also really cool, he wrestled Dean Malenko on the 3rd episode of Thunder.

Also on the 5th episode of Thunder there is a Lucha Trios featuring Silver King, Vilano IV & Vilano V vs Super Chalo, Lizmark Jr & Chavo Guerrero Jr that is tight as fuck. If your a fan of random WCW Lucha you will like it. 

• Like 1