DVDVR Message Board

The "NEW" Tough Enough

RIPPA

Why is there a fan vote for who stays and who goes?  ZZ could win this thing without actually winning anything.  They've had challenges every week, and he is the worst at everything.  He clearly doesn't work out at all. I'm not in any type of shape, I don't think I've been to the gym in about a year and a half, but I didn't sign up to be on a television show where I was expected to do any physical challenges.  He looks and performs like someone who has never lifted a weight in their entire life.  It isn't that he's a big guy who has more body fat than the typical wrestler, he looks fat compared to just regular dudes off of the street.  5 weeks of hard training should have him in pretty decent shape even for a guy his size.  I'm not saying should have a six pack, but he shouldn't have zero muscle definition.  He shouldn't be the guy Big Show, of all people, is telling to get into the gym.  Patrick was 100% justified in yelling at him for coming on the show without being ready to compete, but Patrick is gone and ZZ is still there. 

I <3 GiGi, I couldn't run away fast enough from that black widow, she would definitely snare me in her web.

This show has made me hate Paige and her SImon Cowell impression with a passion.

Holy shit Mada & Josh looked shredded, those guys were beefy and bulky at the start but man they got cut up quick!  Them 2 and Patrick will all most likely get deals after this.

But yeah, this definitely isn't a wrestling show since there is no real correlation between the challenges/wrestling and the voting.  It's like a reverse high school popularity contest, where the least popular people in high school are now getting their revenge on the jocks & cheerleaders thanks to the social media brigade.  It kind of makes me wish they'd use a TNA gimmick like a reverse battle royale or something equally absurd to pick a loser each week.

I love how Hogan bitched about Patrick getting eliminated on Twitter - completely ignoring the fact that he could have saved him.

And Bryan and Paige both being all I WANT TO SAVE TWO PEOPLE SO I WONT SAVE ANYONE!!! 

Well to be fair - they probably are going to want someone familiar with the show. (Who has seen all the episodes)

Honestly - I think it has to be Miz (or Jericho is now host and judge)

Well to be fair - they probably are going to want someone familiar with the show. (Who has seen all the episodes)

Honestly - I think it has to be Miz (or Jericho is now host and judge)

I would think being familiar with the show isn't a necessity. I mean if the contestants don't need to know the product why would the judge have to know Tough Enough. Besides, this way they can have the new judge bring a "fresh" perspective on the show and present it as a cool new twist in the plot of the show.

Also I don't want to lose Miz on Tough Talk because he's awesome (pun intended) in that role.

Yeah - they have enough folks who could be the "Trainers"

Plus Billy Gunn is clearly the "head" guy on the Tough Enough shows so even if they take Booker totally away it wouldn't hurt