DVDVR Message Board

The "NEW" Tough Enough

RIPPA

It's taken four former WWE champions, a former Divas champion and Renee Young to fill the place of one Steve Austin. And they're not.

Miz is your hosting MVP so far, and it's not even close.

So three weeks in the show I am still convinced there is more wrestling in the promos leading to commercials than on the actual show.   I guess I shouldn't expect anything else but come on

I have no idea the concept that ZZ was going for on the show.   The purpose of the character to spread laughter and fun but nobody is going to laugh at the goof when he looks like an idiot in front of real men.   I mean was he supposed to be a combination of Colt Cabana and the worst jobber in Crockett?

Paige is coming off more and more unlikeable on this show.  I guess she has to given how Bryan is always going to be nice and Hogan is always going to be in character

Patrick is probably the most qualified and easily the most annoying of the guys.  He really loves telling people how he gets the business more than anyone else.  Compared to the guys on the show it isn't saying much

Daniel Bryan was the star of the show for calling out Tanner on that poor excuse of a fight with Patrick.   If he does win the competition he better learn some real punches or he is fucked in that locker room

Patrick fits right in with the rest of us.  B)  Yeah, he can be a little annoying but screw it. The rest of the guys just aren't ever going to accomplish anything in-ring.   ZZ has personality so he can stay. 

Tough Talk was amazing once again but this time for all the wrong reasons.  It got nasty.  It may have been nastier than that time the diva search girls were given a live mic.  It was really cruel.

• Like 1

Tough Talk was amazing once again but this time for all the wrong reasons. It got nasty. It may have been nastier than that time the diva search girls were given a live mic. It was really cruel.

I don't think any of those bleeps had anything that compared to "cum-guzzling gutter slut"

When they gave him a chance to explain it, I got what ZZ was going for, but he probably wouldn't get that chance in front of a live crowd.

Also, if the gimmick is for kids, why the FUCK was he stuffing his speedo? Jesus.

I think Paige was jet-lagged and exhausted and really not happy to see that only one person out of the lot of them had bothered to watch. Our possibly she just hates all of them. Which isn't unreasonable IMO.

Given how often we hear how being perceived as a mark can be a bad thing, I'm surprised they cared that much about watching the special live. If I was in the middle of a physical competition like this, waking up in the middle of the night to watch something I could just watch the next day doesn't seem like the best move.

I can't believe Sara Lee was saved again. I voted twice for ZZ though. He has IT when it comes to the sports entertainment aspect. If he can up his cardio game and take a good beating in the ring, he might be a great sympathetic babyface if it ever comes to it.

Can't believe Daria got booted off over Sara. I'm willing to bet they give Daria a NXT deal or something. If they can't get Ronda Rousey...they can make one right there. I was amused when Paige was all "do you think you can kick my ass...or Hulk's ass...or Bryan's ass?" She should have said "I know I can take you, Hogan's an old cripple, and a light gust of wind would beat Bryan"...though I guess she'd have to know anything about wrestling to do that.

Paige is really bitchy though...last night especially. Would be funny if she's the Hardcore Holly of this season and ends up shooting on someone.

As I said last night - the producers clearly told Paige to be mean to the women (since the WWE believes all women hate each other.)

The thing is that Paige was more than happy to do so (and crank it up to 11)

Dianna left to take care of her friend who was crippled working in her bar. Quick call her a dirty skanky ho bag!

Yeah that was really bush league. The only saving grace was Renee Young telling people to go to the WWE site to get the "real story" about Dianna leaving.  Actually it is a really good video and completely justifies her leaving.  Lita comes off great as well.  But of course the storyline is that she is a spoiled bitch who didn't care about the business so yeah fuck the truth

https://www.wwetoughenough.com/video/dianna-opens-about-her-exit-digital-extra-july-7-2015

So via Twitter this morning - Chelsea Green - who was the Lance Storm trainee on the competition special (the one Lita asked "is Lance Storm funny"?) has been brought in to replace Dianna

CHELSEA GREEN

‏@chelseaagreen
Immmm baaaack ... Follow me @ToughChelseaG to watch me win this #WWE contract #ToughEnough

Sara Lee ‏@ToughSara  9h9 hours ago

Also we have a new roomie..apparently. ..welcome to the Barrack life @chelseaagreen it ain't gonna be easy

This may be the worst show on TV, but for some reason I'm going to keep watching it.  Gabi's is probably the only one who understands how reality television works.  Patrick is the only one who actually cares about wrestling.  ZZ is the only one who seems to have a personality, and everyone else is just there.  None of these people are particularly interesting(unless you count Georgia and her Tough Talk outfit...I found that very interesting until her parents started telling fart stories).  This is the worst possible combination of people who aren't interesting to watch and people who aren't all that interested in wrestling. 

With that said, I'll watch Gabi or Georgia do anything.

I said this on twitter last night, but how much better would this show be if Mark Henry was involved in some way? Judge, trainer, contestant, host, it doesn't matter. I just want him to make all these fake tough dudes crap their pants.

It's gonna be amazing when Sara Lee makes the finals without showing anything resembling a personality just because a bunch of dudes on twitter have convinced themselves that she would date them.

Its fairly obvious that the only way the are going to get rid of Sara Lee is to have her in the bottom three with ZZ again and then the judges save the third person - thus the vote comes down to her and ZZ (which ZZ is clearly going to win)

Their problem is clearly going to be how they can get rid of ZZ (since they clearly don't want him to win either)

I said this on twitter last night, but how much better would this show be if Mark Henry was involved in some way? Judge, trainer, contestant, host, it doesn't matter. I just want him to make all these fake tough dudes crap their pants.

It's gonna be amazing when Sara Lee makes the finals without showing anything resembling a personality just because a bunch of dudes on twitter have convinced themselves that she would date them.

The Sara Lee thing is interesting in the sense that she is the everywoman.  She isn't particularly good at anything, but she is kind of the only person you want to root for.  The fact that she doesn't even know how to be mean is kind of her appeal(they told her to be mean to someone and the meanest thing she could come up with is saying someone was mean to her).  She's is just a regular person who decided to give this thing a shot.  She's basically the most average of all of the cast members.  She's not the best looking girl on the show, but she's very attractive.  She's not the most athletic, but then again she isn't a clutz.  She doesn't have much of a personality, but on this show that means she isn't behaving like a crazy person.  Her biggest strength is that she is one of the two people on the show who I'd consider likeable(Georgia is the other one). 

Sara Lee really needs to stop saying she isn't the best.  It is a competition.  Who does she think is going to win, second best?

*Yes, I realize it is an internet popularity contest so the best won't necessarily win.  Shut up.

ZZ as a parade float version of Jack Swagger's Eagle WITH a big penis seems like something Vince Russo would come up with.

Honestly, I don't believe he came up with that by himself.  For one thing, how many kid-friendly gimmicks has the company had in the past 15 years.

I'm guessing someone thought it would be a buzzyworthy scripted moment and ZZ thought it would get across his personality.

If he really thought that was a good idea,...... wow.

ZZ as a parade float version of Jack Swagger's Eagle WITH a big penis seems like something Vince Russo would come up with.

Honestly, I don't believe he came up with that by himself.  For one thing, how many kid-friendly gimmicks has the company had in the past 15 years.

I'm guessing someone thought it would be a buzzyworthy scripted moment and ZZ thought it would get across his personality.

If he really thought that was a good idea,...... wow.

The fact that he tried to explain it made me think it was his idea.  He actually tried to explain it the same way every time like he actually spent time thinking about it before he did it.  If nothing else he did look like a strange version of something you'd see in a parade in New Orleans, and based on his accent I'm sure that he's been to a few.  He also doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed.

I'll miss the gratuitous shots of Dianna's ass.

Patrick and Tanner seem to be the best athletes among the guys, but ZZ and Mada are far more interesting.

Paige being a straight up bitch is the highlight of the show, really.

• Like 1