DVDVR Message Board

The "NEW" Tough Enough

RIPPA

Sara Lee won't be elimianted for a while, cause she's sort of the "everywoman" that people can relate with. Having said that, how do you fuck up a bodyslam that many times?

Patrick has surpassed Tanner as the biggest douche on the show, but I still think he should win it all.

Even if ZZ loses, I think he'll get a spot somewhere within the company.

Plus she was put up against the Juggernaut that is Sara Lee

I mean they did everything in their power to get it for the fans to vote her off and then she got 63% of the vote.

So yeah - they really really need to rig the vote if they don't want her winning

I voted for Sara to spite the McMahons. I think that's what everyone did. They were beating us over the head with "Sara must go".   Gabi had nothing going on.  She doesn't care that she was voted off so it's all good.

Plus she was put up against the Juggernaut that is Sara Lee

I mean they did everything in their power to get it for the fans to vote her off and then she got 63% of the vote.

So yeah - they really really need to rig the vote if they don't want her winning

I voted for Sara to spite the McMahons. I think that's what everyone did. They were beating us over the head with "Sara must go".   Gabi had nothing going on.  She doesn't care that she was voted off so it's all good.

Which means she'll probably be the first/only of this group to make it to TV. 

Oh yeah I think Gabi, Giorgia and Amanda will all end up in developmental if they want it. They are all gorgeous and exactly what WWE wants the divas to look like.  Sara Lee is really pretty but more natural looking so they hate her.

Josh and Mada might get deals because they are big dudes but I don't see it with either of them.  They are more generic than Baron Corbin.

Mada right now could be the Pharaoh, manager of the Ascension and they cut promos written by 8 year Olds posting on the Internet for the first time in all caps. Kinda like WWE'S version of Axe Cop.

I don't know how to say this eloquently, but I was watching the video going around of Xavier Woods, an Uso, Damien Sandow etc doing a Street Fighter 4 tournament. It was unreal how likable and charismatic everyone was while out of character. I know it has long been a point of contention for people how the WWE's writers really hogtie a lot of talented performers, but it was shocking to me. Comparing that, a 10 minute youtube video of dudes wasting time and BSing, to Tough Enough is eye opening. These guys are supposed to be the next crop of superstars, but they can't even get themselves over. How can they get something else over? It's like they're all trying to walk before they can run. I guess Patrick is a front runner because he can bump and he's the only one smart enough to say things that will appeal to the voters. I wish Josh was likable, but he is just a jock. He's so oblivious. Mada has a clear idea of who he wants to portray, but can't stand out in any way at all. Tanner is that dude you work with who claims he is the best at literally any topic of conversation. Fuck that guy. Part of me thinks ZZ is just an elaborate rib on Colt Cabana.

The girls are irrelevant because they will sign whomever they want to sign and quietly release Sara Lee a few months after her inevitable victory.

See - I wonder how "likeable" Patrick is to the regular audience though

I mean I know I have soured on him partly because it really comes off as he just wants to start fights for the attention.

I can't be the only one who feels that way.

So it is interesting to think that they might be purposely be avoiding putting him in the Bottom 3 for fear he might actually get sent home

I don't know how to say this eloquently, but I was watching the video going around of Xavier Woods, an Uso, Damien Sandow etc doing a Street Fighter 4 tournament. It was unreal how likable and charismatic everyone was while out of character. I know it has long been a point of contention for people how the WWE's writers really hogtie a lot of talented performers, but it was shocking to me. Comparing that, a 10 minute youtube video of dudes wasting time and BSing, to Tough Enough is eye opening. These guys are supposed to be the next crop of superstars, but they can't even get themselves over. How can they get something else over? It's like they're all trying to walk before they can run. I guess Patrick is a front runner because he can bump and he's the only one smart enough to say things that will appeal to the voters. I wish Josh was likable, but he is just a jock. He's so oblivious. Mada has a clear idea of who he wants to portray, but can't stand out in any way at all. Tanner is that dude you work with who claims he is the best at literally any topic of conversation. Fuck that guy. Part of me thinks ZZ is just an elaborate rib on Colt Cabana.

The girls are irrelevant because they will sign whomever they want to sign and quietly release Sara Lee a few months after her inevitable victory.

The funny thing about this show is that I don't think anyone watching thinks that any of these people will actually make it to TV let alone be any good.  If Patrick, who has the personality of a piece of driftwood, is the best they've got, they ain't got much.  These people just don't have anything to bring to a wrestling company.  Gabi and Giorgia are very attractive women, but so is damn near every other woman on television.  ZZ isn't really interesting, he's just a fat goof, who says strange things(Seriously, they could have cast me for that.).  These people will never get over, because there is nothing to hold on to with any of their personalities. 

So what is the object of this show?  The only person who seemed to actually like wrestling got eliminated for being too cocky.  He actually cared about being on this show, doing well and getting to the WWE.  It is clear that being a wrestler is his dream, but everyone else seems to be there because the opportunity popped up. 

Giorgia is as fake as a $3 bill.

Well Patrick doesn't seem too broken up about it - especially on Tough Talk

So it could be that they already had a conversation with him that he was getting signed no matter what

Well Patrick doesn't seem too broken up about it - especially on Tough Talk

So it could be that they already had a conversation with him that he was getting signed no matter what

That's what I think. We'll see Patrick, again.

That Gigi harpy needs to go the fuck away.

I don't know, is Gigi fake or is it an Australian thing?  I can't help but chuckle when she gets on the mic. 

Patrick going home blows.  I was happy to see Miz call out the bullshit on Hogan and Paige.  It probably hit close to home for him.  This is a business where if you are a fan of the business then they hate you for it.

Gigi is a delicate flower you brutes. She was so broken up about Chelsea's injury that she had to blurt it out to the judges right away.

Patrick ripping ZZ to shreds on an episode where they let Josh have the "family man" baby face moment pretty much sealed up the voting.

I thought that they would do the double save this week to get rid of ZZ.  I was listening to this week's Austin Podcast with Keller and Keller gave a brief summary of this season that they're trying to do too much in too little time.  Really the endearing early seasons were people trying to learn the ropes of being a wrestler, you had Al Snow being that father like figure, you had Tazz being the hard ass but a lot of it was about the training.  Now you've got coaches, you've got judges who I'm sure I'm not spending all the time with the wrestlers.  I don't want to see this show longer, but it would make better sense if they had Booker, Billy and Lita as your panel at the end.  Patrick really didn't do any favors by making him seem like a dick the whole week and his "i'm going to pick fights every week for attention got old.".  I kind of figured if they put him in the bottom 3, he was at risk.  I was thinking they would do the Paige/DBry double saves to get rid of ZZ because right now I don't know who they can put him with in the bottom 3 that he's not going to beat.

Also, Show was great in his segment.  I have no problem with them making him a good will ambassador to appear on TV or talk shows because he usually kills it and shows a lot of personality.

I like Gigi. She seemed confused at the end that she was getting heat for winning comps and being better in the ring than Sara Lee. It seems she has potential, meanwhile Booker on Youtube said Sara has basically no skills whatsoever yet she's going to win this thing.

This show has two problems. First: it kinda sucks. Second: there is seriously no reason for us to care who wins. WWE will use or not use whoever the fuck they want. The Stone Cold season couldn't have made that any clearer.

Also, it's hilarious how Hulkster is looking for someone he'd have wanted to put him over in 1987.