DVDVR Message Board

The "NEW" Tough Enough

RIPPA

At some point we will need a thread for this but who the hell knows when.

The reason I started it today is because I saw that LuFisto tweeted that she applied to be on the show.

So I guess they are doing at least some sort of casting call... even if they end up just picking nothing but guys out of development.

Steve Austin better be the host.  He was the only salvageable part of the last run.  If not him, the only acceptable replacement host is Dean Ambrose.  

I could watch Steve Austin hold back from choking someone for their terrible taste in wrestling on an endless loop.  If he's not the host, they shouldn't even do the show.

They have enough adequate coaching down there already. Use Billy Gunn, Dusty, Regal, Sara D'Amato, and Bill DeMott. Bring in Jason Albert to teach big guys how to "work big".

The point of this shouldn't be the point of previous shows. Use it for guys and girls already in the system to get them ready for NXT. The biggest fault in previous Tough Enough seasons is that by the end of it, NONE of the winners were ready to go then. By the time they were, all the heat was gone.

Of existing known talent, Solomon Crowe, Enzo Amore, Big Cass, Eva, and Jo-Jo should be part of it as trainees.

Well the last version of Tough Enough ripped off Hells Kitchen with the eliminations. There's a newsbit about it being like American Idol with people being voted off by viewer votes. That can be a really slippery slope for them especially if they push one guy and he goes out early.

Honestly I don't have much faith in Tough Enough simply because almost everyone involved who's won has never done anything in the WWE. Like the last guy his highlight was "he had to pay his dues" and they had him taking ticket stubs at FCW/NXT shows. It would be interesting if it's actual established Indy wrestlers on the show. But if it's just a regular casting call for the WWE's usual cookie cutter types I wouldn't hold out hope for success.

Then again under Idol except for Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, and maybe Chris Daughtry they haven't had many big sucesses either.

Well the last version of Tough Enough ripped off Hells Kitchen with the eliminations. There's a newsbit about it being like American Idol with people being voted off by viewer votes. That can be a really slippery slope for them especially if they push one guy and he goes out early.

Honestly I don't have much faith in Tough Enough simply because almost everyone involved who's won has never done anything in the WWE. Like the last guy his highlight was "he had to pay his dues" and they had him taking ticket stubs at FCW/NXT shows. It would be interesting if it's actual established Indy wrestlers on the show. But if it's just a regular casting call for the WWE's usual cookie cutter types I wouldn't hold out hope for success.

Then again under Idol except for Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, and maybe Chris Daughtry they haven't had many big sucesses either.

Jennifer Hudson and her Oscar say hello.

Jennifer Hudson and her Oscar say hello.

Yeah but she didn't win. That's what I was getting at. I know Daughtry didn't win either, but I forgot Hudson was even on Idol. My point was almost everyone who has won Tough Enough has gone on to be a bust in one way or another.

Gotta hand it to him: HC stays on message like nobody's business.

Horrifying message, of course.

Looks do matter. I can't think of place in the wrestling world where it doesn't. It seriously going to be a struggle for you to make it in wrestling if you are a woman and aren't good looking. The only real route you can go if you aren't good looking is as a heel of some sort.