DVDVR Message Board

The "NEW" Tough Enough

RIPPA

I thought Hogan's final screwing over of the WWE was that it caused Patrick to be eliminated.

Instead Hogan's final screwjob to the WWE was making Miz judge since he - whatever the fuck he is doing - has cost them Mada and Chelsea

Chelsea never really had a chance anyway, being the new girl, people weren't going to vote for her.

I'd save Gigi, she wins all the challenges, everyone seems to agree she's the best in the ring. She has character.

Miz trying to accuse ZZ of just wanting to be a reality star on Tough Talk was weird. And everyone just cheered for him at the end so it didn't work.

As soon as Miz said that the fans who vote for ZZ are basically like him being lazy and an underachiever,  Vince and Kevin was probably watching that going "Shut up you idiot we are trying to get the fans to hate him".  They did everything this week to show how awful he is and didn't even make the top 3

Amanda asking Cheslea if she was trying to upstage her BY SELLING MOVES was amazing    Clearly she needs to go to the Dave Meltzer "higher level of selling" school so she can look terrible on purpose and get on Amanda's level. But Cheslea is really starting to turn into Matt Cross/Son of Havoc mode from the last one as the person who knows she is on the different level as the others and can't stop telling people about it

I still can't figure out what Gigi is talking about in terms of being dropped on her head.  It was a rather basic slam albeit extremely slow.  Great to see Daniel Bryan called them out for this bullshit given he is unfortunately an expert on head drops

I am amused by the weirdly meta turn this show has taken. WWE had a rep for pushing less talented people at the expense of the more talented people, yet on this show the more talented presumed favorites are dropping like flies to the clearly unqualified yet wildly popular duo of ZZ and Sara Lee. The last two weeks, judges have saved the least popular people in the bottom three, sending home more popular people who may have actually been able to beat the juggernauts. No way Sara loses to Amanda or GiGi.

The ending was extremely predictable, could tell early on that Chelsea was going to be cut.  It's a fucking reality show anyway.  The story of quiet Sara now speaking all the damn time seems unorganic to me as time goes on.  Tanner starting out strong then all of a sudden having no personality seems odd too.

And it seems more and more that they're cutting the good competitors because they want to work with them down the line.  Patrick is obvious, Mada could be of use and Chelsea would be a good hand.  I could see Josh and Tanner having a decent chance, but see it more and more as them going to way of Daniel Puder.  And I'd say those that vote for ZZ anymore or Sara are either fucking with WWE or are not quite all there.  At least Sara has the easy on the eyes factor going on to a degree.

It's gotten to the point I'm no longer emotionally invested in this and just want yet another reality show to end.  Yet I still watch because WWE.

On a lighter note, if you have Twitter the DVDR account has been on fire with the live tweets.  Thanks, guys!

I can't imagine ZZ winning just because of the backlash he'd get if/when he ever showed up in NXT.  Josh seems like the person to beat, but it's not like much has made sense so far.

Gigi should definitely win, so it makes sense that she almost got eliminated this week.  I can't see why they'd want Sara to win as there's nothing marketable about her, even in the "quiet everywoman" type of way.  She's pretty much a non-entity on the show and is mediocre at the wrestling aspects.

Miz looked like a ketchup bottle.

They'll stick Sara in the performance center and we'll never hear about her again until she's cut.

They'll stick <insert name of whoever wins here> in the performance center and we'll never hear from them again until they're cut.  I don't see ZZ getting as much tv time as Big Andy and he was on tv..... once?

Apparently this week's challenge has something to do with NXT

Since the WWE put a photo on Instagram and you can see the NXT crew (including Bayley)

Miz is the perfect replacement for boring old Hogan. He doesn't mind being the asshole, which is kind of refreshing. Although, I guess the same can be said for Paige. 

ZZ has gone from being kind of amusing, to outright unlikable. The act has worn thin. 

Except for the gaudy Miami U colors, I think I have finally found a John Cena that I like.  Knowing him there will be about 20 different version of that same shirt with colors I like 

Loved the amused looked on the NXT guys and girls when Booker is getting pissed that Sara lee is always smiling.  I don't really see the problem with that although I guess if she is ever in a serious issue that goofy smile is going to kill what little career she will have.

I really do enjoy Gigi and Amanda bitching about being unliked and then half the episode is them bitching about Sara and ZZ and the fans

One thing is for sure - the live studio audience sure doesn't actually vote because that was two weeks in a row that the were shocked GiGi was in the Bottom 3 and that she has had the lowest vote total

I hope they narrow the voting pool down to two picks and force the illustrious voters to pick between their favorites. (Also, will give the judges real control over who gets axed... especially with D-Bry's vote still hanging around.)