DVDVR Message Board

The "NEW" Tough Enough

RIPPA

The main TE show finally brought the goods with the wrestling finisher segment.  Really enjoyed them coming up with finishers and who had an idea of who they are.  Of course Sara didn't have a clue so they just gave her the armbar (which to be fair didn't suck)

But man did Tough Talk deliver.  I was heartily enjoying Bryan tearing ZZ a new one in his best "I'm not mad, just disappointed" way possible.  Then Amanda just slayed me with calling Sara a ring rat.  It was pretty much Paige freaking out, me freaking out, having to pause to explain to my wife what ring rat means, her freaking out, then me rewinding to see Paige freak out.  It was amazing TV and what sealed it is Sara's look of "Shit, they figured me out"  There's just no way this can be a lie.  Considering Jason Jordan's been used on the show it could be him.  It's a fairly slow news week so far, I'm hoping Meltzer digs into this a bit.

Oh, and in all this I completely turned the corner on Amanda.  I didn't like her at all but she's been a fascinating one to watch.  Not just due to her being hot (which she is) but if she can actually do this diva thing well she has a clear advantage over Sara for sure.  They've been doing their damndest to ruin Sara and ZZ so they lose and they might be on their way to accomplishing that.  I still think one or both of them will win, so might as well let them so they get immediately shunned for winning that much money.  Then just let them fade while the other contestants reappear and be awesome in developmental.

• Like 1

I'm confused as to how Bryan's save would work next week. There still has to be a male and female winner so say he uses it on Josh. That gives him the win automatically.

I'll have to watch Tough Talk just for the ring rat line. Some producer had to of fed her that line specifically for her to use that extact term.

OK, so what NXT superstar is into Sarah Lee?

Bull Dempsey is the obvious choice.

It's supposedly Mojo Rawley and Solomon Crowe (and Moose).

So will Mojo and Crowe get called up to Wrestler's Court for "Romancing a Rat" as Kevin Nash would put it?

I hope someone shit's in Amanda's bag or something. Even if Sara is a "ring rat" - who gives a fuck? Amanda is playing up her bitchy character a little too much, or maybe that's who she actually is.

Or maybe Russo is back and this is all just one big work.

I know, I was trying to use sarcasm and humor for a situation that's really uncomfortable. I feel bad for Sara because her personal life was aired out in public, across the world. They're allowed out of the barracks, supposedly, on the weekends and they all go party all night. Presumably, since they live at the Performance Center, they're already hanging out with NXT workers - is she supposed to seek the company of non-performers or something? If Josh or ZZ was out banging Jessie McKay and Dana Brooke on the side, would this even be an issue? I hate to turn it into that conversation, but yeah.