DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

So at TakeOver Brooklyn every babyface won except Eva Marie and Emma by a screwup.  

I don't see much with this "Drifter" Elias Sampson gimmick but I do like the entrance song.   There is no future with Bull Dempsey though with this Bull Fit gimmick.   If they are going to make him a comedy guy then they need more workout segments.  

Loved the Emma promo video showing her beginnings in NXT and then the pop of the bubble knowing her career was going nowhere.  She needs to get away from Dana Brooke though because she is almost treated like a second to Dana.

That finish had to be Dana missing her cue to break up the pin. There's no way Becky would "forget to kick out" knowing that's not the finish. You could see Emma stick her leg over the apron to be pulled out, and she glanced that way right as the 3 count was made.

8 man was a ton of fun not even Mojo couldn't screw it up, and he actually wasn't half bad. Cass and Enzo were Attitude era over, and Gable is the man. Crews seems like a really likeable guy.  He's a can't miss prospect if he can do some half way decent character work.

Breeze is so awesome he takes a loss, and it doesn't hurt him at all. Carmella and Eva are incredibly attractive women, but neither one can wrestle worth a shit.

I would like the Chris Cornell looking jobber more if he sang Black Hole Sun, or Rusty Cage on the way to the ring.

I'm pumped for the NXT Crockett Cup.

• Like 1

To be fair, horribly stereotypical names for black women seems to be one landmine I can't recall WWE stepping on. Even in the attitude era, Jacqueline and Jazz came in under previously-established names, (I am ignoring PMS, which was mostly sexist and only a bit racist.) Since then it's been entirely normal names, or close enough: Linda Miles, Kristal, Alicia Fox, Cameron, Naomi, Sasha Banks. Maybe there's something terrible in the 70s, (you'd think there would be,) but all I can think of since the third W was dropped was Sapphire.

Okay yeah so Eva Marie still isn't good but why does the NYC crowd and internet want to ignore how terrible Carmella still is. She's no better than Eva.

Carmella was getting soundly booed, even when paired with Enzo and Cass.  It wasn't until that promo where she stood up to Blake and Murphy that I think she earned some respect with the NXT crowd.  And that promo is still more than anything Eva's done up till now.

Okay yeah so Eva Marie still isn't good but why does the NYC crowd and internet want to ignore how terrible Carmella still is. She's no better than Eva.

She's not good but she's better than Eva. Carmella at least has a character and an idea how to wrestle in that role. She has a good cocksure strut to the ring, a Marissa Tomei in My Cousin Vinnie accent and has that whole general J-Wow Jersey Shore attitude and look down pat. And in the ring she can at least take a hip-toss bump competently and things like that.

Eva Marie can't do anything. At all. She walks to the ring with nothing that tells me anything about her persona. Part of that is because that has to be developed. That takes some time, whereas Carmella had Enzo and Cass to play off of. But Eva also had the benefit of a few years of being a Total Diva and having camera time on the big roster to at least not need to have her hand held through something like walking to the ring. And man so many of the basic little things in that match were hilariously awful. I swear, she took a hip-toss bump and essentially slid on the ground.

More importantly, Carmella at least gives off a vibe like she wants to be in the ring and she cares about this. She's not good yet because she's inexperienced. Eva looks like she really doesn't care.

I mean, more power to her. But this really doesn't seem like something she wants to do. And if that's the case, it stinks because I'm sure there are like 50 girls training in NXT who would love to have her spot but can't because they weren't gifted with some fake "rookie girl in training" role on a reality TV show.

• Like 1

Dark Angel appears to be WWE bound. I Know she helped out in NXT earlier this year, but it looks like her hanging it up Mexico means something a bit more permanent. With Eva Marie so content on doing high flying moves, it makes sense that WWE bring in someone who actually knows lucha 

You do realize that Norman Smiley is a trainer, right?

Carmella isn't going to be in any MOTYC anytime soon, but she has presence and plays her character well. Again, I am not going to pretend that she is some super competent worker or anything like that, but I don't think she is going to break her neck in the ring anytime soon by doing a whole bunch of contrived spots like Eva Marie. Eva Marie is over-compensating and its not working as she is leaving the little things un-touched while she goes for a very sloppy Sliced Bread # 2. Eva Marie walks down to the ring with a blank stare on her face and EVERYTHING about her mannerisms screams that she is uncomfortable and its like she is being forced to wrestler against her will.

I can understand if Vince was backstage with a loaded shotgun and forced her out there, but nothing she does feels natural. Eva Marie is playing a semi-confidence performer vs. actually being a semi-confident performer. The positive side of me tells me that Eva Marie knows she has to be a face (because of the Total Diva story-arc for this season), but is naturally a heel and so she is trying to figure out that Tweener balance that lends itself more to the light-side. But the negative/more realistic side of me says she has no idea what is going on and thinks that workrate is going to get her where she needs to be. This might make for good clips in season 5 while WWE does it best doctoring of the footage and crowd reactions, but at the end of the day, as mentioned in another post, she needs to get it together while walking to the ring. Not being a good wrestler on day 3 of training - I get it. Walking down to the ring on more than one occasion as if Vince is going to personally blow away your entire family if you don't go out and wrestle- no excuse!

• Like 1

Dark Angel appears to be WWE bound. I Know she helped out in NXT earlier this year, but it looks like her hanging it up Mexico means something a bit more permanent. With Eva Marie so content on doing high flying moves, it makes sense that WWE bring in someone who actually knows lucha 

You do realize that Norman Smiley is a trainer, right?

* A female that knows lucha. Is that better?

Also: Becky Lynch is fucking hot. So hot. Love her. Glad she attached herself to something to help form an identity. Steam Punk is always a good visual.

• Like 1