DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

I'll miss Owens the NXT ace, but I'll enjoy him as the next Mr. MITB.

I don't know how they'll get the strap off him in NXT. Joe is the only person who should actually beat him in a match, but Balor's the #1 contender right now. Given NXT's relatively light schedule, I suppose they could keep the belt on him for a while, even if he's working the main roster. He just won't do the NXT house shows. There's still a lot of mileage left in him as NXT champ, and it would look really good if he's also carrying the MITB case. The other option is just to strip him of the title (which I think should be done more often with NXT champions who move up) and give it to Balor. Do a slow burn heel turn with Balor culminating with him revealing that he injured Hideo. You can pull the Joe/Owens card at any live NXT show you want.

Also, the show this week was really good, and a prime example of how to make most of your roster look relevant in just one hour. Owens' opening promo wasn't perfect, but when he hit the right notes, he really hit them out of the park like ragging on Zayn's music, and his parting words to Crowe. Bliss feels like 2000 Trish, with 2004 heel Trish's talent. Blake and Murphy as T and A is pretty spot on too. Loved the Gable/Jordan segment, vintage NXT spot that keeps two low-carders feeling very fresh and important with just a minute of screen time. The main event was good too. Both guys understood their roles and blasted each other with stiff strikes.

There's no way Owens leaves NXT before getting his comeuppance from Sami Zayn, right? Unless they just shift the whole feud onto the main roster as someone here suggested. I'd be into that too, I suppose, but I'd also like a little closure on their NXT run too.

There's no way Owens leaves NXT before getting his comeuppance from Sami Zayn, right? Unless they just shift the whole feud onto the main roster as someone here suggested. I'd be into that too, I suppose, but I'd also like a little closure on their NXT run too.

Why not have Zayn finally get his revenge on Owens at Wrestlemania at Jerryworld?  Storyline-wise, it's be pretty cool for a rivalry that has spanned years and different promotions to be finally settled at the biggest wrestling event possibly ever.

The taping happened the night after his debut and I don't think the signing was planned that far ahead so Jimbo probably couldn't get him the music that fits. I'd assume it'll be there for the next Network special.

Also, Zayn vs. Owens for the U.S. Title at SummerSlam is going to be awesome.

So what's the deal with Sasha Banks?  Some are saying she has a shoulder injury and some say that she just didn't do the latest taping cause she went to the hospital with her boyfriend who got injured.  I'm gonna lose my shit if it turns out she has the same injury as Itami and Zayn.

Sasha has said she's not injured, and I'm pretty sure she's scheduled to be on the house shows this weekend. I'm happy for Owens moving up so fast, but it was a lot of fun watching him in NXT. I guess they have plans for him joining the Authority, and I'm hoping for some Owens vs Ambrose goodness.

So what's the deal with Sasha Banks? Some are saying she has a shoulder injury and some say that she just didn't do the latest taping cause she went to the hospital with her boyfriend who got injured. I'm gonna lose my shit if it turns out she has the same injury as Itami and Zayn.

This is absolutely crushing news. Not the injury, finding out she has a boyfriend.

• Like 4

So what's the deal with Sasha Banks? Some are saying she has a shoulder injury and some say that she just didn't do the latest taping cause she went to the hospital with her boyfriend who got injured. I'm gonna lose my shit if it turns out she has the same injury as Itami and Zayn.

This is absolutely crushing news. Not the injury, finding out she has a boyfriend.

Not just a boyfriend, they are engaged.  And it's this guy:

Sarath_Ton.jpg

So what's the deal with Sasha Banks?  Some are saying she has a shoulder injury and some say that she just didn't do the latest taping cause she went to the hospital with her boyfriend who got injured.  I'm gonna lose my shit if it turns out she has the same injury as Itami and Zayn.

Didn't she do an earlier episode on the taping, but just didn't work a match on the fourth hour taping in order to go to the hospital....

...with her boyfriend being the guy who teams with Jason Jordan during this "Jordan is looking for a new tag team partner" angle on Week 3 of the tapings

Maybe The Demon injured Itami and Finn Balor didn't know it.

I like this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Itami didn't talk about who attacked him, did he? IIRC, he said that his surgery was successful and that's it. It would have been nice if they advanced the storyline.

In my head, I hear that first sentence being read by Jerry Seinfeld.

• Like 2