DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

One year I want the Money in the Bank winner to enter themselves into the Rumble, win the title at the Rumble and still be entered into the Rumble match to win that too.

I had a similar idea where a wrestler discovers they get full control of the company and can do whatever they want if they hold all the titles. So the storyline would be a guy obtaining all of the titles throughout the course of many months, like Thanos obtaining Infinity Gems.

Well, I mean it's happening in 2 weeks.  We all know the finish of the Rumble championship match (assuming it stays a 3 way) will be:  

Cena knocks Rollins out with about 2 minutes left,  

Brock gets a near fall, Cena looks dead...

Reverse and F5 into an AA. New champ.

*KABONG*, Curbstomp  

"I am cashing in my Money in the Bank"

New champ. 

Hell, the only way they could telegraph it more is if Rollins were the special guest referee for the match. 

• Like 1

Didn't one of the Japanese indies do a battle royal with a ridiculous number of participants too?

Yeah, was it DDT or some indy summit or something? It had a wrestler called Panda Cart Robot in it, I remember that because it led to me watching a bunch of that Hanayashiki theme park promotion.

Last night I was nosing around on cagematch and found out that AWS held a 159 person battle royal a few years back.  I was really curious as to how such a thing could be pulled off, but could find next to no info about it online, save for

.  Does anyone know anything else about this match or has by any chance actually seen it?

Well, it looked like it was in multiple rings.  WCW did World War 3 in 3 rings with 20 a piece... um... I suppose... fuck it, I know logistically it can be done, but I can't be arsed to figure it out.

So the WWE has instructed Papercutz, publisher of their comic series, that in all reprints CM Punk is to be replaced by another wrestler. In the first storyline he and Cena are the two main protagonists, with his role being based around the "voice of the voiceless" thing. I stopped reading after the first couple of issues, but I think he plays a major role in the next storyline as well.

So, who do you think they tape to fill his shoes? Given that they can't really be someone who's already in the comic, that rules out the following (taken from comicbookdb.com):

Dean Ambrose
Curtis Axel
Brie Bella
Nikki Bella
Big Show
Daniel Bryan
Camacho
John Cena
Antonio Cesaro
Christian (WWE)
Zeb Colter
Alberto Del Rio
Luke Harper
Mark Henry
Paul Heyman

Hunico
AJ Lee
Brock Lesner
The Miz
Randy Orton
Roman Reigns
Seth Rollins
Erick Rowan
Ryback
Jack Swagger
Triple H
Undertaker (Wrestling)
Dolph Ziggler

Icarus for March Madness champeen!

Although seriously, a case could probably be made for Ricochet.

Besides being the Chikara Cross Bearer what has Icarus done? I'd say AR Fox, Gargano & Richochet have strong chances. They'll have my vote.

Hogan is already in the current storyline. It's kind of great, actually--sort of a WWE/Secret Wars mash up where WWE superstars from every era are brought together under mysterious circumstances to battle each other. You get awesome moments like Stone Cold turning heel on Hogan on a pirate ship, and a Composite Trish Stratus-Dusty Rhodes robot.

• Like 1

Just a random thought, but anyone else think this is the first year a Non WWE guy wins March Madness? Cause man, with 2 months in the voting period, I feel no strength on any of them being worthy of winning it this year. Maybe Rollins or Ambrose "should" but I just don't see it.

Two and a half months of Daniel Bryan matches are probably more than enough to get him into the Top 4, if not win the whole thing.

Your final four will probably be something like Bryan, Zayn, Cesaro and Harper, I would guess.  Maybe Owens, Ambrose or Ziggles squeaking in there instead of Cesaro, actually.

Does Royal Rumble 95 have the least star power of any Rumble match ever? Shawn, Luger, Bulldog, Crush, Backlund and Owen are pretty much it for main event or upper midcard guys. Add onto that Bret Hart attacking Owen and Backlund so each is in the match for no time at all.

Plus 1 minute intervals? That's some bullshit.

I think the lack of star power lead to the one minute intervals. Made the match faster paced than it would have been. As it is it still felt like it lasted forever.

So the WWE has instructed Papercutz, publisher of their comic series, that in all reprints CM Punk is to be replaced by another wrestler. In the first storyline he and Cena are the two main protagonists, with his role being based around the "voice of the voiceless" thing. I stopped reading after the first couple of issues, but I think he plays a major role in the next storyline as well.

So, who do you think they tape to fill his shoes? Given that they can't really be someone who's already in the comic, that rules out the following (taken from comicbookdb.com):

Dean Ambrose

Curtis Axel

Brie Bella

Nikki Bella

Big Show

Daniel Bryan

Camacho

John Cena

Antonio Cesaro

Christian (WWE)

Zeb Colter

Alberto Del Rio

Luke Harper

Mark Henry

Paul Heyman

Hunico

AJ Lee

Brock Lesner

The Miz

Randy Orton

Roman Reigns

Seth Rollins

Erick Rowan

Ryback

Jack Swagger

Triple H

Undertaker (Wrestling)

Dolph Ziggler

Steven Richards

• Like 11

Guys I'm pretty sure Christian had to retire because BNB stole his body.

Is that why he jobbed to Sin Cara tonight on SD?  Some sort of Monkey's Paw curse thing? Steal the body of a glorified jobber, and you yourself will be doomed to job?

Maybe he can give it back.  Or bring in Papa Shango to exorcise the curse.

Guys I'm pretty sure Christian had to retire because BNB stole his body.

Is that why he jobbed to Sin Cara tonight on SD?  Some sort of Monkey's Paw curse thing? Steal the body of a glorified jobber, and you yourself will be doomed to job?

Maybe he can give it back.  Or bring in Papa Shango to exorcise the curse.

By Monkey's Paw surely you mean Intercontinental Title.

• Like 9