DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I can't think of anyone I wouldn't rather see than Big Show or Kane at this point.

Unless they're being tossed around by Brock, I can't think of any reason for them to have on screen roles. If hell exists, Big Show vs. Kane will be playing on an endless loop.

can't Big Show gradually start wearing COO outfits and Kane starts acting like how anybody acts when they begin to suspect that they're training their replacement?

then have Vice President of Operations Big Show, with Kane trying to fuck over Show's ideas so that the office doesn't fire Kane as Director of Operations.

Also means they wrestle less.

• Like 1

Vice President indicates there is a higher power for the roster to take their issues to.

COO sounds like the be all end all.

Also I second the vote for Big Show and Kane getting into a Michael and Dwight from the Office type deal.

Have Show calling himself the Assistant Director of Operations while Kane corrects him as the Assistant TO the Director of Operations.

Whatever happened to President and Commissioner as pro wrestling authority figure titles? President sounds important.

Or maybe I'm just remembering Jack Tunney always seeming important. 

• Like 1

yeah, Big Show has value on-screen more so than in the ring. Both guys are better off not being on 50 shows in a row. Big Show can be Oscar to Kane's Felix on-screen too. Have Show setting up an office in a bus and being the cool parent to Kane's strict parent.

Big Show v. Kane in a chain wrestling match is always gonna be an amazing out of nowhere match

Vice President indicates there is a higher power for the roster to take their issues to.

Also I second the vote for Big Show and Kane getting into a Michael and Dwight from the Office type deal.

Have Show calling himself the Assistant Director of Operations while Kane corrects him as the Assistant TO the Director of Operations.

Whatever happened to President and Commissioner as pro wrestling authority figure titles? President sounds important.

Jack Tunney was on TV so little that it was important when he was around. I wish we could go back to that today. I could deal with HHH appearing only a few times a year to make a big announcement. In the long run, the Mr. McMahon character may have been one of the worst things for WWE.
  • Like 3

Jack Tunney was on TV so little that it was important when he was around. I wish we could go back to that today. I could deal with HHH appearing only a few times a year to make a big announcement. In the long run, the Mr. McMahon character may have been one of the worst things for WWE.

I miss that.  When WWF would book themselves into a corner a few times a year and they had the magic Tunney card to bail them out.  Now it happens all the time and the heel authority just says "Eh, we'll do whatever we want." 

• Like 1

Big Show is considerably more valuable to the company than 6 or however many Main Event/Superstars level guys they'd have to let go to equal his salary. Big Show's value is in his utility. No matter what he's done or how stupid it was he's a guy WWE can rebuild to give someone new like Rusev credibility or as a credible threat as a heel or babyface in very short order. It's like The Demon Kane, he's been the same way.

Some people might not like either of them but they're perfect rainy day guys that you can easily slot into a television or special event main event or semi-main. Even beyond all the other stuff Show brings like TV shows or movies, that alone makes him significantly more valuable.

• Like 1