DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

Not really crazy about the idea of Sully movie.

Any good dramatic movie needs bad guys. Captain Philips, for example, had Somali pirates.

Here the villains are birds.

Unless you're going the Hitchcock route and have one of the birds climb on board the plane and go "Tweet! I'm the captain now! tweet!" I'm not sold on this film, frankly.

Not really crazy about the idea of Sully movie.

Any good dramatic movie needs bad guys. Captain Philips, for example, had Somali pirates.

Here the villains are birds.

Unless you're going the Hitchcock route and have one of the birds climb on board the plane and go "Tweet! I'm the captain now! tweet!" I'm not sold on this film, frankly.

Who was the villain in Castaway? Big Fish didn't have a villain and I dug that. Gravity as well. Don't get me wrong I won't be watching a Sully movie but I think plenty of really good movies have no villain. That would actually be a fun thread good movies without an antagonist.  

Maybe the entire thing won't be taken up with just that incident. Maybe the dude has led an interesting life.

IIRC, after The Attack of the Evil Plane-Hating Birds, his pension got cut in half in budget cuts (pilots get kinda of a shitty deal when it comes to that stuff)  and he ended up going to congress and basically testifying something along the lines of: "Well, you politicians and CEOs are always falling over yourselves to call us heroes but you won't protect us financially."

That would be quite interesting to address.

So the Netflix Original "Beasts of No Nation" showed up on my Netflix the other night. Knowing nothing about it, I fired up the trailer and found myself thinking, "man, Idris Elba better be in this" - and then he appeared on my screen. Yep, I'll be watching it.

• Like 1

I can't help but admire Bruce Willis's carny streak with the new Die Hard sequel/prequel project. If he manages to make Die Hard money for like a week's worth of shooting, good for him. It'll be a big piece of shit, but good for him.

How To Get Away With Murder is really getting stupid but the non-sequential storytelling style has piqued my OCD to the point that I have to keep watching to find out how events so disjointed are linked together.

Miss Marple it ain't.   Shonda apparently gives zero shits about clues actually leading to reasonable suspects.  Murders are committed by people with zero motive and only serve to provide shoestring connections to the metaplot.

Hell, she was pretty sexy in Wolf of Wall Street. 

Of course, she's a Bond girl, so saying she's sexy goes without saying:

c5562f72f46f97d684106d4330d1639c.jpg

Actually, just looking at a list.  With the exception of Halle Berry or maybe Michelle Yeoh, is she the most successful Bond girl post-007 movie?

Hell, she was pretty sexy in Wolf of Wall Street.

Of course, she's a Bond girl, so saying she's sexy goes without saying:

c5562f72f46f97d684106d4330d1639c.jpg

Actually, just looking at a list. With the exception of Halle Berry or maybe Michelle Yeoh, is she the most successful Bond girl post-007 movie?

Jane Seymour?

Diana Rigg?

Jill St John?