DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I would just stick Cesaro, Sheamus, and Barrett together as a bunch of European ass kickers.

I'd throw Harper in there and have the four rotate opponents for three months and just have all out brawls for three months. I'd be tempted to reenact the Two Man Power Trip with Sheamus and Barrett holding the tag gold, Sheamus with the IC and Barrett with the WWEWHC. I'm actually surprised WWE hasn't recycled that gimmick since it never got to fully end due to Hunter's torn quad

For me to remember that I don't hate wrestling, old Mid-Atlantic and 70's, 80's, and mid-90's AJPW always do the trick. I haven't seen an episode of Raw since August and even reading the recaps here hurt.

People keep bringing up Wade being injury proned, he has been more proned to being stepped over for terrible people:

- 2011, Zeke Jackson

Gonna disagree with this. It's not like keeping the IC title on Wade Barrett would have done anything for him. I thought the Barrett & Corre feud vs. Zeke was pretty good, the best they could get out of that terrible stable idea anyway. The bigger problem was that after they had Zeke win the IC title, they pretty much stopped doing anything with him until he randomly lost it to Cody Rhodes on Smackdown. But the Barrett/Zeke PPV matches were good and I really liked that segment in the locker room where Corre surrounded Zeke and he pretty much did the old Dusty "Make it good!" deal.

Watching Portland on YouTube made me really love Matt Borne even more than I already did and wish for more 2/3 Falls matches in today's wrestling. 

I find that for me, watching '88-'89 NWA via Worldwide, Saturday Night, and PPV is maybe my favorite wrestling-related thing to do if I need to get some work done or if I get into the mood where I have a hunger for wrestling. 

On Sheamus: If you can watch the whc match with Big Show from HIAC a few years ago and still say he's never had a great match... We'll never agree on pro wrestling.

I wouldn't say NEVER agree, but on this point, we must part from one another ever more. 

So I'm currently sitting in an all day legal seminar. The lunch time entertainment is Joel Gertner. He's dropping Big Dick Dudley references to silence in front of a couple hundred middle aged lawyers. I feel like I'm dreaming this.

For the first time in my life, I want to be a lawyer.

So I'm currently sitting in an all day legal seminar. The lunch time entertainment is Joel Gertner. He's dropping Big Dick Dudley references to silence in front of a couple hundred middle aged lawyers. I feel like I'm dreaming this.

How in the fuck does he wind up doing a gig like that? I would have to assume this is something he does on at least a somewhat regular basis which is even more mind blowing.

People keep bringing up Wade being injury proned, he has been more proned to being stepped over for terrible people:

- 2010, Miz

- 2011, Zeke Jackson

- 2012, Jericho/Sheamus

- 2013, Fandago/Miz/FUCKING CURTIS AXEL

- 2014, Swaggie

Like if they had just pushed the guy instead of jobbing him to Sheamus or some suck ass performer, he wouldn't be getting "hurt so much."  And I like Sheamus, but Wade is clearly better than him in every way except for milking a ten count. I will agree that Mark Henry isn't a guy I remember a lot of matches from. But fucking hell that Summerslam 2011 match with Sheamus is pro wrestling.

Not to get back in to this whole thing, but I think that there are four people you list as worse than Wade that has at various points in their career had consistently better matches than him. I don't want to say you are wrong for liking Wade Barrett, because the absolute best part of this board has always been that anyone can talk about anything, no matter how "wrong" or "uncool" the opinion is, but I think it's telling that I look at that list and think "Miz and Swagger are terrible, but I can think of at least 5 matches from either which stand out to me more than a Wade Barrett match ever has". 

• Like 1

"please watch this Dudley Boyz Heatwave promo and list all the possible charges against the Dudleys"

• Like 2

Saw this on NoDQ per Da Meltz

- After the recent situation with Alberto Del Rio and CM Punk, WWE has changed all performer contracts. The contract now say that if a talent is fired for disciplinary reasons, they forfeit all merchandise rights and can't work in pro wrestling or MMA for one year.

I still will never understand how legally the WWE can get away with stuff like that. I can understand the 90 day deal because they don't want Lex Luger/Rick Rude situations happening (not that there's anywhere for it to happen). But a year off just seems so harsh. I wonder how long until this is changed for all contracts including run of the mill releases.

- 2010, Miz

- 2011, Zeke Jackson

- 2012, Jericho/Sheamus

- 2013, Fandago/Miz/FUCKING CURTIS AXEL

- 2014, Swaggie

Like if they had just pushed the guy instead of jobbing him to Sheamus or some suck ass performer, he wouldn't be getting "hurt so much."  And I like Sheamus, but Wade is clearly better than him in every way except for milking a ten count. I will agree that Mark Henry isn't a guy I remember a lot of matches from. But fucking hell that Summerslam 2011 match with Sheamus is pro wrestling.

Not to get back in to this whole thing, but I think that there are four people you list as worse than Wade that has at various points in their career had consistently better matches than him. I don't want to say you are wrong for liking Wade Barrett, because the absolute best part of this board has always been that anyone can talk about anything, no matter how "wrong" or "uncool" the opinion is, but I think it's telling that I look at that list and think "Miz and Swagger are terrible, but I can think of at least 5 matches from either which stand out to me more than a Wade Barrett match ever has". 

But you have to remember, it's not just "at points in their career", but at *that* point in their career. I'm hardly the biggest Barrett fan in the world, or even this board, but I don't know if any of those guys *at that point* were better choices.

• Like 1

Saw this on NoDQ per Da Meltz

- After the recent situation with Alberto Del Rio and CM Punk, WWE has changed all performer contracts. The contract now say that if a talent is fired for disciplinary reasons, they forfeit all merchandise rights and can't work in pro wrestling or MMA for one year.

I still will never understand how legally the WWE can get away with stuff like that.

They can't. The first time they try to enforce that shit on anyone with sufficient amounts of will and/or legal firepower, it will get STFD.

you have a guy giving himself a piledriver to put over a sex doll in your sig. Are you really in a position to talk about weird/stupid/usual/blah blah etc booking?

if someone can have a good yoshihiko match, that is one good ass worker