DVDVR Message Board

Raw 11-24-14

MGFanJay

In other news, it turns out that Lana can, in fact, show ass. So all you guys who insisted that her no-selling everything during that Rock segment was part of her character were wrong. She's just a bad actress.

Also, Ambrose and Harper really shouldn't be working with each other. One, when you have two guys in tank tops and jeans wrestling each other, it looks like a couple of backyarders. Two, they both have an unfortunate tendency to turn their matches into 2.9-fests. I don't know if it's from their indy background or WWE educating people that great matches have to have tons of nearfalls, but they both need someone to rein them in.

I realize there isn't as much distinction right now but I was much more okay with it in the Wyatt match because that was on PPV and was less of a throwaway situation. A lot of that stretch of Harper vs Ambrose felt very similar.

You guys are not watching through the right lens.

Ambrose/Harper looked like a random undercard bout in the gladiator ring from ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK.  It also followed roughly the same storyline as you would expect there.

And that is pretty goddamned awesome.

• Like 2

You guys are not watching through the right lens.

Ambrose/Harper looked like a random undercard bout in the gladiator ring from ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK.

And that is pretty goddamned awesome.

So it was a subtle tribute to Ox Baker then?

I approve.

• Like 2

In other news, it turns out that Lana can, in fact, show ass. So all you guys who insisted that her no-selling everything during that Rock segment was part of her character were wrong. She's just a bad actress.

Also, Ambrose and Harper really shouldn't be working with each other. One, when you have two guys in tank tops and jeans wrestling each other, it looks like a couple of backyarders. Two, they both have an unfortunate tendency to turn their matches into 2.9-fests. I don't know if it's from their indy background or WWE educating people that great matches have to have tons of nearfalls, but they both need someone to rein them in.

shirts v. skins?

Also, Ambrose and Harper really shouldn't be working with each other. One, when you have two guys in tank tops and jeans wrestling each other, it looks like a couple of backyarders.

Someone tell those baggers to get some fucking gear...
Ambrose and Harper look exactly how their characters should look. I'd find it less believable if they came out wearing flashy ring gear. They should look like they were on the Bumfights DVD.

Also, Ambrose and Harper really shouldn't be working with each other. One, when you have two guys in tank tops and jeans wrestling each other, it looks like a couple of backyarders.

Someone tell those baggers to get some fucking gear...
Ambrose and Harper look exactly how their characters should look. I'd find it less believable if they came out wearing flashy ring gear. They should look like they were on the Bumfights DVD.

It was a Trash Bag Wrestlers reference man...or even better a World Famous Flea Market reference...

DVR'd Raw because I knew I'd need it after watching the Saints lose yet again in a season that's shitty even by pre-Payton/Brees standards.

It was quite therapeutic.

Then I get to this thread, which is almost as bad as watching the Saints lose.

This show was a ton of fun. Daniel fucking Bryan was there.

Only complaint is Dolph suddenly being all modest when he should be being cocky. The GM thing was stupid, too, but not that big a deal.

And the Harper/Ambrose clothing complaint sounds like it was written months ago in anticipation of their eventual singles match. Then they had Ambrose wear a cut off instead of a beater to foil your argument, but fuck it, you dug it up and posted anyway.

• Like 4

I think my favourite thing of the whole night was Michael Cole making Larry the Cable Guy laugh then asking if he could join his tour and Larry going "No God, no".

It's weird how badly the last match was booked.  There should have been almost no control segment for the heels, maybe just a small section with Rollins in charge, while the rest of the match would just be Ziggler/Cena dominating J&J.  Like that opening part where Mercury and Cena kept dropping down while Noble ran the ropes?  The whole match should have been silliness like that.  I mean, it's the second highest social media voting turnout ever, the audience is clearly voting for one thing: Cena and Ziggler to dominate the two lovable goofballs.  Nobody wants to see a competitive match with them.  It reminds me of when they did Cole-Lawler and all everyone wanted was Lawler punishing Cole for a 5 minutes and instead we got Cole dominating Lawler for the majority of the match.  It's one of those weird blind spots WWE has for booking.  Like, they understand the build but can't execute the concept.

I'm totally baffled at this New Day stable.  I mean, are they going to be heels?  They seem like pretty nice, happy guys.  Are they going to be faces?  I just hope the gimmick is well-done and last long enough that Big E. can show some charisma because I feel like he's the most wasted NXT wrestler so far (Yes, including Emma).  I mean, a great, big jacked-up dude who's a solid wrestler, fairly agile and really charismatic, how has he not been WWE champ yet!?

I just hope the gimmick is well-done and last long enough that Big E. can show some charisma because I feel like he's the most wasted NXT wrestler so far (Yes, including Emma).  I mean, a great, big jacked-up dude who's a solid wrestler, fairly agile and really charismatic, how has he not been WWE champ yet!?

Have you seen the shirts he wears when he's not wrestling?

Wasn't it already revealed that Hornswoggle was the anonymous GM?

Who hired him back to be GM? Who works in WWE's HR department?

...probably Hunter and Steph.

Nonsense. Her character is not impressed by slut-shaming childish jokes from boorish American actor. But being made to recite the pledge of allegiance? That could get her shot!

Also:

37CQVpa.png

• Like 1

The live coverage of Ferguson, after the announcement of no indictment, leading to rioting -- including tear gas, vadalism & looting -- has been infinitely more entertaining than RAW could have ever hoped to have been. Did anyone on RAW get hit with tear gas on live TV? Because they did on CNN!

Let's just not go there. 

• Like 2