DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL: WEEK TWELVE

Dolfan in NYC

Holy Fuck - would bringing it to Washington be a terrible idea

I mean - traffic is already horrific. Adding a football game during Thanksgiving week... yeesh.

Unless of course they put it in RFK - then I am all fucking in

I just picture the game being in DC and then showing mostly Super Bowl highlights on the video wall.  

Holy Fuck - would bringing it to Washington be a terrible idea

I mean - traffic is already horrific. Adding a football game during Thanksgiving week... yeesh.

Unless of course they put it in RFK - then I am all fucking in

I just picture the game being in DC and then showing mostly Super Bowl highlights on the video wall.  

Now Pro Football Talk is saying that Washington isn't an option any more, either.

Looks like Detroit, like they did for Vikings/Giants back in 2010.

Apparently the NFL hasn't even bothered asking Syracuse about the Carrier Dome, even though they've basically said "Fuck yeah we could do a Monday Night Football game here!"

I wonder who much about 3 or 4 feet of snow weighs because I would think the roof of my car would have tapped out  

It really depends on how wet the snow is.  Your car can almost certainly take it unless there's an actual structural issue with the car.  

$10 an hour for shoveling that crap?  Hell no.  That's back-breaking work in miserable conditions.  No thanks.  Clearing off my roof 6 years ago when we got eight feet of snow over three weeks was bad enough.  And that was with having a place to put the snow.  Exactly, logistically, how are they getting the snow out of the stadium?  You gotta carry it someplace and that makes the task really, really difficult.

I think the people shoveling at the stadium would be shoveling the snow out of the stands, down towards the stadium floor. Once the snow gets to the floor, you bring in front end loaders and drumptrucks, and you scoop it up and truck it away to a dump, or snow disposal area.

When in doubt, ask Canadians about snow removal. :)

• Like 1

It would be nice to see Goodell invest this much energy in, you know, helping the city of Buffalo with this weather-related mess.

Not that it would buy him some good will or anything.

Because there is much more to moving the game than just picking up the phone.  Cue the irrational hate towards Goodell for no reason because there is literally not that much he can do.

The teams need practice times, fields, getting all of their equipment to a different location, hotel rooms, and transportation.

Under the stadium and all of that snow is the Bills equipment.  This is not a simple endeavor and just getting the Bills road equipment out of the stadium and the Buffalo area will be a huge logistics nightmare.

It would be nice to see Goodell invest this much energy in, you know, helping the city of Buffalo with this weather-related mess.

Not that it would buy him some good will or anything.

Because there is much more to moving the game than just picking up the phone.  Cue the irrational hate towards Goodell for no reason because there is literally not that much he can do.

The teams need practice times, fields, getting all of their equipment to a different location, hotel rooms, and transportation.

Under the stadium and all of that snow is the Bills equipment.  This is not a simple endeavor and just getting the Bills road equipment out of the stadium and the Buffalo area will be a huge logistics nightmare.

Well, you just told me! Thanks for showing me the errors of my opinions! :rolleyes:

I wasn't even talking about the game.

DeSean explains his recent social media message

On Monday, Washington receiver DeSean Jackson posted the following message on social media:  “You can’t do epic sh-t with basic people.”

He has explained it by saying, essentially, “if the sh-t fits . . . .”

“Whoever feels like it’s directed at him, that’s who it’s directed at,” Jackson said Thursday, via Rich Tandler of CSNWashington.com.

Jackson opted not to elaborate.

Yup, going to be a long rest of the season...

Apparently Pittsburgh is out because there are four district championship games at Heinz Field on Friday, followed by Syracuse at Pitt on Saturday.

Oh man, that field would look like they had a monster truck rally there by Monday.

Or the pitch at Wembley last weekend.

I wonder if tickets would be free in Detroit like they were for the Vikings game.

What??? That game was free? Tell me more.

When the Metrodome collapsed a couple years ago, and they moved the Vikings game to Detroit (I think on a Monday night?) admission was free.  You had to pay for parking/concessions/etc, but they figured there was no way a last minute game was going to draw a paid crowd in a neutral city.

I would have went, but it's 2.5 hour drive each way to Detroit, and work in the morning and all that jazz.

Hilarious shot of the Raider Hall of Famers in their jackets having to stand under umbrellas in this mess [because Ray Guy is getting his H.O.F. ring during half time].

Of course Ted Hendricks still has the biggest fucking grin ever on his face, like he wants to play in it.