DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Depends on which team has Josh Smith.

Or Rudy Gay.

Anybody have recommendations for NBA podcasts?  Zach Lowe is great, but doesn't record enough.  I like Simmons when he does NBA, but that doesn't happen much during football season.  And I really only like The Starters Friday podcasts.  What can I use to fill in the gaps? 

1. Hey @nyknicks and @BrooklynNets, how come you can't be like the @ATLHawks and have a Tinder night?

If you havin' girl problems I feel bad for you son... RT @steviePOPO: Hey Nets, how come you can't be like the Hawks & have a Tinder night?

• Like 3

Or Rudy Gay.

Anybody have recommendations for NBA podcasts?  Zach Lowe is great, but doesn't record enough.  I like Simmons when he does NBA, but that doesn't happen much during football season.  And I really only like The Starters Friday podcasts.  What can I use to fill in the gaps? 

Short Corner on Podcastone with Paul Shirley and Justin Halpern is a good one. It's every Thursday.

Or Rudy Gay.

Short Corner on Podcastone with Paul Shirley and Justin Halpern is a good one. It's every Thursday.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Brandan Wright is headed to the Suns for 2 second rounders with some protection, and Jeff Green is going to Memphis for Tayshaun Prince + a 1st rounder.  Memphis seems super scary now that they have a legit wing.

3 teams with a legitimate shot at beating the 72-73 Sixers 9-73 record.

Minnesota- Currently 5-29  (ps 98.8) (pa 108.6)

Wiggins is scoring consistently now that Muhammad is in the lineup since he gets mismatches now. Good shot at rookie of the year now. It would be lowest PER for a ROY in league history right now but that should go up by seasons end; hopefully much better since he is on my fantasy team. Overall they have to be happy with how he is dealing with all the minutes he is playing. Bennett had a decent game the other night after Lowe beat him down in his column. They have Rubio and Martin returning soon so they should reach the 10 win mark. Moving forward Rubio, Wiggins, Dieng, Muhammad and LaVine are safe bets to be around for a while. That's not bad.

NY Knicks- 5-34 (93.2) (101.6)

Seems odd to say this considering the record but Phil Jackson has done a really good job with cleaning out this teams roster. A lot of cap space moving forward. Right now Brooklyn is where I would usually expect the Knicks to be. Bad gm, overpaid washed up stars, shortage of draft picks, with a large luxury tax bill. I have no problem believing this team could tie the record or beat it with 8 wins. Unlike Minnesota and the Sixers they will still end up being forced to try and rebuild through free agency. Unless they can find away to move on from Anthony. No sure things moving forward unlike Minnesota that has 5 at least. At the least Larkin and Hardaway can be bench contributors.

Philadelphia 5-29 (90.5) (103.8)

4-10 last month. The defense is a lot better than it might look just looking at numbers. Were in the top 10 at points allowed per possession a couple weeks ago. They just give away too many possessions with bad turnovers. Poor foul shooting as well. Commit too many fouls as well. KJ McDaniels has completely fallen out of the ROY conversation. 3 point percentage has dropped. A lot of people here are shitting on Noel but it is ridiculous. The guy has all the defensive tools he was advertised to have. 1.5 steals per game and 1.4 blocks. Will be the first rookie since Robinson to have 1.5 at both if he can get the blocks up .1. His free throw percentage has been steadily going up as well. Up to .515%. Getting good arch on his shots now when he seemed to be shooting more line drives at the start of the year. He was rushing his shots as well. Seems to have relaxed some. Even his hands seem to have improved since he is doing a better job of anticipating when the pass is going to come. I think this team is better than the Knicks and should reach 10. The young players that should stick around for awhile are mostly guys that will be on the bench. Noel for sure is a starter in this league. MCW numbers look bad but he'll have more value with better talent around him. He doesn't fight through contact as well as Wroten. They both have a lot of turnovers but that is just from having the ball in their hands an excessive amount of time. I think Micic might be the favorite to be the starting point guard of the future.

At his moment for guys playing now I would say

Future starters- Noel

possible future starters- MCW, Covington

Bench- Wroten, McDaniels, Aldemir

Possible bench players- Grant, Thompson. Thompson has struggled this year but they completely rebuilt his shot to quicken his release. Deserves some time to get it right. Sampson has added his name to this the last few games but will need to see it  more.

Thinking about the teams currently in a rebuild. I would rate them currently

1. Orlando

2. Minnesota

3. Utah

4. Boston- Not sure about this one. Should have a better idea a month from now if Green is gone as well.

5. Philly- Can go from 5 to 1 next year with just Embiid. Could stay here too.

Cool another come from behind win on the road. Noel was the monster dunk to take the lead. Amazing that MCW didn't turn the ball over. He is a turnover machine in crunch time. Robert Covington was awesome. 6 steals and 20 points.

• Like 1

Streak ends at seven, but not without making Atlanta earn it. Had the ball out of bounds at midcourt with 1.2 to play, down three. Shot fell short, but to come back from down 23 against a legit good team... They really are a different team than they were a few weeks ago.

How many consecutive 20 point games does Wiggins need to have before Cleveland fans get REALLY pissed?

I'm personally hoping we get a 30 for 30 on the Wiggins for Love deal by 2018.  If Lebron leaves again we might be able to push it up to 2017.

How many consecutive 20 point games does Wiggins need to have before Cleveland fans get REALLY pissed?

I'm personally hoping we get a 30 for 30 on the Wiggins for Love deal by 2018.  If Lebron leaves again we might be able to push it up to 2017.

Hell it could happen by this fall, if Lebron and Love BOTH leave during the summer.  All the more reason never to let superstars team up to play hero ball, not that Cleveland really had a choice. . . . . .

I'm personally hoping we get a 30 for 30 on the Wiggins for Love deal by 2018. If Lebron leaves again we might be able to push it up to 2017.

Hell it could happen by this fall, if Lebron and Love BOTH leave during the summer. All the more reason never to let superstars team up to play hero ball, not that Cleveland really had a choice. . . . . .

Or don't let a player run rough shot over the front office.

• Like 2

Obviously it wont matter if player Lebron can make up for it, but GM Lebron has already:

1.  Traded away this years #1 pick (the only teenager with 6 consecutive 20 point games since Lebron and Melo).  Turns out that "work in progress" jump shot is ahead of schedule.

2.  Traded away 2 first round picks for Timofey fucking Mozgov.  In part because the guy you traded the #1 pick for can't protect the rim.

I did like the Waiters/JR/Shump trade, but that's still ROUGH.  On top of that, even if Lebron stays, there is a decent chance Love bolts.  Dude does not look happy.

Love's still averaging a double-double. He hasn't put up the monster numbers he has in the past, and his FG% is down, but his stats are pretty in line with what you'd expect with him as a guy who is a post-player/jump shooter and not a perimeter/slasher like LeBron or Kyrie. The only thing wrong with Love is he's a total sieve defensively.

I actually really liked what I saw from the Cavs last night with the new roster additions. They moved the ball a lot better than I've seen them do all season long. It looked like they were starting to run some more fun sets without LBJ on the court. JR Smith's such an upgrade over Dion. Lest we forget that JR was a 6th Man Of The Year and a very good player on a dangerous Nuggets team. Once he was on the Knicks he started doing whatever he wanted, but what player on that team HASN'T done whatever he wanted the past decade or so? It's a joke. And Mozgov's a pretty good center, too.

GSW ran away from them late, but I think that's to be expected with the Cavs essentially hitting the reset button and the best player of his era not playing. They're bringing in a friggin' Dream Team member and an All-Star off the bench.

Also, GSW runs away from everyone. That roster is the absolute sickest lineup. And they've only played five games or so with a full, healthy roster since Bogut and Lee were both injured periodically. It's a remarkable collection of creativity, passing, shooting and defense.

I really want a GSW/Atlanta finals. That would be absolutely electric basketball.