DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Tyson didn't flop, but it was still a bad foul call on Boogie. Dude was on the ground and Tyson got caught up.  Def shouldn't have been a foul, but I'll take it.  Yeah, Morris went ham, and it would have been worse with Love in the game. 

Tyson didn't flop, but it was still a bad foul call on Boogie. Dude was on the ground and Tyson got caught up.  Def shouldn't have been a foul, but I'll take it.  

Nah that one was legit.  Boogie rolled over Tysons ankle to get his 5th foul and Tyson tied the game with free throws.  It was the next play.  Boogie posts up and Tyson acts like he took an elbow to the head, which gave Boogie his 6th.  Clear, EPIC flop.  

I know this because I REALLY needed Boogie to stop scoring for daily fantasy basketball purposes.  I gave Tyson a standing ovation in my living room.

Edit:  THANK YOU TYSON!  FLOP OF THE YEAR!

https://vine.co/v/ODI5ejYBtdE

Flopping really is the only way to stop him.  It ended his night one assist shy of a triple double and pretty much ended the game as well. Unfortunately for Tyson, I think Cousins is going to hold a grudge for this one.  It's gonna be a tough night next time you play the Kings.

Can we we talk about Mo Fucking Williams putting Fifty-Fucking-Two up yesterday. Feels worth taking about.

Edit: After watching the replay on the Cousins bit, I will also call randomact out on homer bullshit. Good god.

Nah, I just got my fouls mixed up.  I was thinking of the one right before that.  With that said, the final one should have been a no-call or a double foul because they were both grabbing and pulling each other before Tyson exaggerated the contact.

That "shove" is already overblown and it hasn't even gone through tomorrow sports media circuit.

The Kevin Love/David Blatt situation is the real concern for them if any type of player/coach relationship needs to reviewed.  The elephant in the room is their defense and it's not going away.

Watching video of the 'shove' right now.  Not nearly as bad as I had imagined.  That's not to say LeBron was in the right, but nothing about it was malicious. It looks worse than what it actually is. Based on what I was reading before, I thought LeBron had pushed Blatt into the fifth row after coldcocking him.

The only reason I've heard that makes some sense for Love to stay in Cleveland is that he'd opt-in and wait until summer 2016 when there's suppose to be a big rise in the salary cap due to the money coming in from TV deals.

I still think he'll leave this summer.

If he wants to wait on a long term deal, he better get the hell out of Cleveland and sign a one year deal somewhere with less scrutiny.  Somewhere he can pad his stats and fool a bunch of people into thinking he is a top tier PF.  Minnesota maybe...

Love was more efficient last season while he was the primary offensive option. The exact opposite of what should be true. It is remarkable that Irving and James have managed to keep their usage numbers so close to what they were last season as primary options. They are using Love the way D'Antoni would use him. Love wasn't a top tier big man because the top players are 2 way players. He is a great offensive player though when in his element. Passing, rebounding and setting screens. Have no idea why they traded for him if the idea was to intentionally use him like Bargnani. Wiggins could just stand there on the wing while James and Irving drive and shoot contested jump shots just as well. For that reason Cleveland should regret the trade at the moment. No where even close though to how much Love should regret not being traded to Chicago instead where he would be a force.

• Like 1

Even with Rose back, the Wiz kids still matchup well against the Bulls.

I know a lot people like the Bulls this year, but if they face a healthy Wiz team with homecourt, I like the Wiz chances against them right now.

P.J., I am disappoint.  I mean you guys were playing the Spurs...you had all the tape in the world on Manu and that's what you come up with?

Also there is a UNC/Duke joke in here somewhere, I'm sure you fine people will come up with it.

Tough out against Denver with 3 starters sitting, and Monta playing awful.  Good scrap, but my biggest takeaway is that we may have gotten a steal with Dwight Powell.  Still does some stupid rookie shit, but the kid can definitely ball.  Like his potential.

Last night Detroit had their first bad performance since letting Smith go. The fall way behind then fight back thing was going to fall apart at some point, and the comeback never materialized against the Pelicans.

The Clippers are trading for Doc Rivers' terrible son because of course they are.

EDIT: And they're giving up Reggie Bullock, CDR and a second-rounder to do so.  Plus they're cutting Jordan Farmar.