DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2014 - WEEK FIVE

RIPPA

With Teddy the game would have been very different but we will probably face him later in the season up in the twin cities. Eddie Lacy finally had a great game and our defense looked good at times with forcing a couple turnovers hopefully they can build on it.

With Teddy the game would have been very different but we will probably face him later in the season up in the twin cities. Eddie Lacy finally had a great game and our defense looked good at times with forcing a couple turnovers hopefully they can build on it.

FORCE a couple of turnovers?  I think Ponder did all that by himself.

FORCE a couple of turnovers?  I think Ponder did all that by himself.

The 2nd pick was Ponder being nervous about the pass rush hitting him every play but the 1st pick that Peppers returned for a TD was because the nose tackle hit Ponder's arm when he was throwing the ball.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-orleans-saints/post/_/id/10180/byrds-loss-cant-be-overstated-but-saints-can-only-get-better

Looks like the Saints signing of Jarius Byrd won't pay off, this season, at least. . . .

Probably not any season, his deal was one of those 'after a few years we cut you or restructure' type of deals.  Hell he has a 6 million dollar roster bonus next year, if the Saints tank and they blow the team up he may not be back at all.  They got him with a 'win now, worry about the cap later' mentality which doesn't appear it will work for them.  I don't blame the guy for getting paid, it just seemed like the Saints could have spent the money better looking at how they have been playing and what they gave up.

To add to the misery of being a DC sports fan, there is the added delusion of reports that SuperBob will come back from injury in the October 27th game against the Cowboys.  Before the bye week.   Yeah some people never learn from their mistakes

At least the Caps start the regular season this week.  And there's always the Wiz too.

I'm just hoping that the Skins can keep it within 3 TDs tomorrow night.  Although I'll be watching RAW; no matter how bad the WWE is right now, it's light years ahead of trying to stomach the Skins during a night game.