DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2014 - WEEK FIVE

RIPPA

And besides, Rae Carruth really really really really really outshines the scummiest former Raider so...fuck Carolina.

But on the plus side, Jerry Richardson looks like he would die way before El Hijo del Al.  Sooo....hmmm.

Come on board the Bills bandwagon, its just beginning to ascend. . . . no even I can't say that with a straight face.

Oh, if only I did not remember those early-90's AFC title game blowouts.  And if the Bills did not also suck.

Yeah, Rippa and I just had a horrible conversation where he tried to find me another team.  After 42 years of properly hating the rest of the NFL, it's tough to divorce your team.

I really really really really hate football.

I'd be wary of jumping on the Panthers bandwagon.  That severe of a case of "fucked with Steve Smith" can have long lasting effects.

If yahoo allowed it, I would already be picking up Steve Smith Jr. in dynasty leagues for the terrible things I'm sure he'll be doing to the Panthers in 20 years.

• Like 1

Come on board the Bills bandwagon, its just beginning to ascend. . . . no even I can't say that with a straight face.

Oh, if only I did not remember those early-90's AFC title game blowouts.  And if the Bills did not also suck.

Yeah, Rippa and I just had a horrible conversation where he tried to find me another team.  After 42 years of properly hating the rest of the NFL, it's tough to divorce your team.

I really really really really hate football.

Seriously though, I would recommend either taking a NFL sabatical or maybe just watching games of the week. I can't ever imagine walking away from the BIlls, and there have been years I've tuned it out at the end of a really bad season. Hang in there, the Raiders will be good again eventually.(Just like the Bills) :)  On the lighter side, this has to be the most first world problem topic ever.(not trying to slam anyone, it just kind of occured to me. .  :)

Feh.  I don't know how I feel about this.

I mean, the team somehow was getting worse and worse every week.  So I guess Allen getting killed was....something.  Shrug.  

Obviously, I am not a Sparano fan, but Allen was not really showing much.  Then again the talent sucks so...fuck it.  It looks like I have to wait for another Davis to die.

Soooo...sell me on a new team, folks.  

You know you can't walk away from the Raiders. Just take a break away from the NoFunLeague. I have watched maybe 10 minutes of the Silver & Black this year, and that feels like 9 too long, ifI can do it so can you.

They will one day rise up from under the hooves of their demonic oppressors and return to the glory days of Madden and Flores.

Mark Davis cannot survive his haircut, it waits...

Seriously though, fuck 'em and take a chill. The rest of the NFL ain't much better.

• Like 2

I can't help but think New England wouldn't be having nearly so many issues of they had ever cashed in all those stockpiled draft picks instead of trading down ever single year.

But that o-line is just dreadful.

I can't help but think New England wouldn't be having nearly so many issues of they had ever cashed in all those stockpiled draft picks instead of trading down ever single year.

Being cheap and trading the best O lineman didn't help the cause. . . 

Being cheap and trading the best O lineman didn't help the cause. . . 

True, but they could have drafted a first or second round guard in the previous three years who would be much cheaper than Mankins and a hell of a lot better than the mess they've been starting.

Losing Dante Scarnecchia won't have helped that line either.

I can't help but feeling that when this time is looked back on, the last 3rd of Brady's career will have been wasted by BB trying to be too cute.  Older Brady can't do it all with no line and no receivers.

• Like 1

I mean, the team somehow was getting worse and worse every week.  So I guess Allen getting killed was....something.  Shrug.  

Obviously, I am not a Sparano fan, but Allen was not really showing much.  Then again the talent sucks so...fuck it.  It looks like I have to wait for another Davis to die.

You know you can't walk away from the Raiders. Just take a break away from the NoFunLeague. I have watched maybe 10 minutes of the Silver & Black this year, and that feels like 9 too long, ifI can do it so can you.

They will one day rise up from under the hooves of their demonic oppressors and return to the glory days of Madden and Flores.

Mark Davis cannot survive his haircut, it waits...

Seriously though, fuck 'em and take a chill. The rest of the NFL ain't much better.

Mmmm.  That glorious Mark Davis haircut.  

Q:  Worst bit of fashion sense, Al's leather track suits or his boy's haircut?

Oh who am I kidding?  The answer is whatever face Jerry Jones is wearing that week.

Oh yeah.  Mocking Jerry Jones makes everything better.

• Like 3

Plenty of room for you on the Seahawks bandwagon. We welcome all. Give us your tired, your poor, your broken hearted Raiders fans...

Dude you have no idea. You can't walk 5 feet without seeing someone in a Seahawk jersey. I wanna walk up to them and ask them to name 5 players from the Mike Holmgren superbowl team just to see the confused looks.

Plenty of room for you on the Seahawks bandwagon. We welcome all. Give us your tired, your poor, your broken hearted Raiders fans...

Like I could jump to another AFC West (or former AFC West) team.  

Hasselbeck, Jones, Alexander, Deion Branch? Bobby Engram? Tatupu, Trufant, Boulware? Darrell Jackson? Julian Peterson I think..  I don't know that's all I got.

Branch went to Seattle the season after XL.

I'd add Jerramy Stevens (didn't he score in the Super Bowl?)

So I was going to keep Roger Goodell as the honorary #1 of the Top of the Bottom, but then I came to a realization.  When you play to win you're playing for the Lombardi trophy; yet there is no award for those who aspire to be the most wretched.  So everyone I welcome you to

2014 Top of the Bottom:  The Quest For the Goodell Trophy - Week 2!!

Now one lucky team will walk away with the most un-prestigious Goodell at the ends of the season; for now let's see who is in contention this week!

1) 0-4 Jacksonville

2) 0-4 Oakland

3) 1-3 Tennesee

4) 1-3 New Orleans

5) 1-3 Tampa Bay

6) 1-3 Washington

7) 1-3 New York Football Jets

8) 1-2 Cleveland Browns

9) 1-2 St. Louis

10) 2-2 Indianapolis

Possibly the biggest shocker here is my beloved Bucs managing to catch Ben Roethlisberger with his pants down and eek out a win.  The Giants and Vikings win their way off the list and we welcome the Jets and the Rams to a familiar place for both teams.  Indy and New Orleans are still the best teams that are still on the list, but New Orleans is playing like that want that Goodell trophy badly.  For now it's a two-horse race between the Raiders and the reigning champ Jaguars; but will Jacksonville Bortles their way out of contention?

We shall see next week!

• Like 1