DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2014 - WEEK FIVE

RIPPA

Steelers have Jacksonville in the early game which means I could be elated and spilling beer on the floor or weeping into my pint glass by 5PM.

Can we please bully these fuckers and get back on track?

And the NFL has already come out and said the ref was wrong for flagging Abdullah

And to credit Abdullah for being a better person - he tried to give the ref an out by saying he thought maybe he was flagged for his slide, not the prayer

• Like 2

PFT has a report but it doesn't have any sourcing that the Raiders want Jon Gruden back

Goddamn this board for not having a Hate button.

Goddamn Raiders.

Goddamn football.

Goddamn life.

• Like 1

if the Raiders does hire Jon Gruden I can't wait to hear from Skins fans screaming 'YOU MEAN WE COULD HAVE GOTTEN THE GOOD COACH VERSION'  

Anything to get him off the ESPN broadcast shows is a win for me.  Can't wait to see Mr. I know everything about college QB's screw up draft after draft

Stealing from Awful Announcing so I don't have to retype

On Sunday, the NFL announced its first flex of the 2014 season and it will occur in Week 6 on October 12. The NFL is moving Chicago at Atlanta from 1 p.m. ET to the 4:25 p.m. national window. To replace that game at 1 p.m., the NFL is shifting New England at Buffalo from CBS to Fox. That’s correct, Fox will air New England at Buffalo so Fox stations in New England and Western New York will have the rare opportunity to broadcast the home team in their markets.

And with Fox taking Pats-Bills it means that CBS and Fox will have four games each in the early Sunday afternoon window.

So thanks wacky new TV contract

Supposedly Red McCombs (big money UTexas guy and former Vikings owner) wanted Gruden as the UT football coach and had started making overtones to his people, and was thus petulant when he was essentially laughed at by the AD and other "Big Cigars".

Wasn't Buffalo at Chicago in Week #1 on Fox as well?

Yeah - a couple of games have been tweaked earlier but this is the first time a pure conference game has been on the other network

(ie: two AFC teams playing on FOX or vice versa)

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer  12m12 minutes ago

While no announcement had been made Raiders had a mtg this AM and then Tony Sparano held a mtg shortly after. Nothing definitive yet tho

Feh.  I don't know how I feel about this.

I mean, the team somehow was getting worse and worse every week.  So I guess Allen getting killed was....something.  Shrug.  

Obviously, I am not a Sparano fan, but Allen was not really showing much.  Then again the talent sucks so...fuck it.  It looks like I have to wait for another Davis to die.

Soooo...sell me on a new team, folks.