DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXVII

Dolfan in NYC

-I wonder which WWE staff member just woke up one day and decided to finally push Brock as the most unstoppable heel ever. I mean, that Cena match was almost overkill. I guess you can say the immediate F5 threw Cena off his game, but right now there's not one guy on the roster that can believably touch the guy. Hard to believe at the same event last year he needed constant interference from Heyman to beat Punk. I really don't know who challenges Lesnar next though, cause the roster is completely devoid of credible main event faces. And I have no interest in it being Reigns. Seth should just give the case to Ambrose and have the crazy motherfucker cash it in for Brock's first defense. 

Probably Vince McMahon.

Is there a reason WWE has never done a Batista/Lesnar match? Perhaps Batista is going to be the one to send Lesnar packing and we all will have to "deal with it!".

They never did Batista/Lesnar because by the time Dave got his big singles push, Lesnar was out of the company. I'm not sure if there were any plans to do it when Batista came back this year but the poor crowd reactions kinda ensured it wouldn't happen. It wouldn't surprise me if it does happen once Dave is done with his GOTG obligations.

Lesnar/Bryan is a match I really want to see but only if Bryan is physically capable of working with him. I really hope this doesn't wind up with Cena just re-finding himself and coming back for the big win. That'd be lame.

I love the idea of Ambrose being one of Lesnar's opponents and Brock having some trouble with him due to Dean just being the most unorthodox guy on the roster. I think it would help elevate Ambrose.

Lesnar/Bryan is a match I really want to see but only if Bryan is physically capable of working with him. I really hope this doesn't wind up with Cena just re-finding himself and coming back for the big win. That'd be lame.

Here's how I'd imagine the plans are:

Plan A: Bryan comes back healthy.

If he doesn't.

Plan B: Try to get Reigns over as a main-eventer.

If that doesn't work.

Plan C:

5df.gif

This is just me personally, but I just can't see Bryan/Brock(if it were to actually happen) being better than either of the Cena matches. To really get the best out of Brock, you kinda have to be willing to get maimed by him and with his fragile neck, I just don't Bryan being able to hold up all that well. I just think it'd be closer to the Punk match and I really didn't like that match. /shrugs

Brock needs to destroy punks til Wrestlemania now, exactly like this. Give him whatever flavour of the month to tear through at each PPV (Sheamus, Reigns, Cesaro, Rusev etc), destroy Usos/Wyatts/and etc in handicap matches a la Hardy Boyz on a couple one off Raws, the Authority can't control him so they send Orton/HHH after him before Cena wins the title at Mania.

Perfectly booked.  People will still bitch about Cena, but no one else would do that.

Exactly. Try to envision Hogan, Austin, Rock, HHH, HBK, Bret Hart, etc. in that same spot taking that kind of beating in a main event title match against a "part-timer."

I sure as hell can't do it.

Guest meowput

I thought Reigns/Orton was fine, and probably their best match together so far. Reigns is still green, but at least he's now lime green rather than grass green. He has time on his side however. it would have been infinitely more interesting if he lost, but I suppose WWE wouldn't want Reigns, Brie and Cena losing on the same night.

Putting him in a program with Miz would be pretty good right now.

Ambrose/Rollins: for such a hot feud, I don't think this match conveyed a good story (which was right there). I wish they'd acknowledge the Shield history a lot more especially since most of the lumberjacks have at one point or another been their victims and let it somehow play into the match. Instead the lumberjacks were just kinda there to do their job. Both Ambrose and Rollins could have showed a lot more character work (once again, acknowledging their Shield history) but instead went on to have a good match (in terms of technical execution). I do note that Ambrose had that one spot where he showed some remorse in stomping Rollins, but that really should have been amplified 10x more than it was.

6f2961345775368.jpg

WAZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!

Also, this looks like something to watch on the replay, just for the lumberjack match and The Passion of the Cena.

Also yeah, I am also uncomfortable at the notion that Brock just became Clubber Lang, ripe for the beatdown in a rematch.

I was pleased overall.  The shit that should've happened actually happened in this PPV.  No dumb last minute smark swerves.

I was predisposed not to like the Lumberjack stips, but if Rollins and Ambrose are booked into a program of escalating violence and outrageous match stips where the blow-off match is some ridiculous barbed wire Hell In A Cell match, I think i would be good with that.

I don't know why people are so worried about Rollins's contract.  It's not like having the contract guarantees a title run anymore.

WWE has already de-mystiqued the MiTB magical briefcase by wasting it on an angle with Sandow only to have him lose his match.   Rollins having a guaranteed shot didn't mean anything special to me regardless of who the champ would be after Summerslam.  The  MiTB briefcase is a macguffin right now.

I am glad that they booked Brock as a fucking monster for once, but it doesn't mean that there aren't any believable contenders other than Cena.  Reigns is nearly as imposing as Lensar even if Roman is green as grass and Ambrose is plain ol' too stupid and defiant to just stay down and die.  I think either one of those guys in the ring with Lesnar should be entertaining dependant on how much each guy is given to work with.

2 things that should occur tonight:

1) Nikki explains that the heel turn was more because The Authority promised they wouldn't let BROCK~! kill Cena, but they went back on that, obiviously.

2) Triple H comes out after Heyman/BROCK~! gloat to gloat about The Authority having the title back, only to turn around and slowly come to the realization that he has zero control over BROCK~! and that he's made a terrible mistake.

• Like 2

If Brock is going to double swerve (I abosolutely think that it should happen), I'd save that for later.  Brock should definltely be out for Brock and not for the Authority.

It would not break my heart if Brock snapped Chosen One Randy Orton in half just because he could, because Randy is the #1 Contender, and to send a message to the Authority.

I only caught the main event last night, and it was quite the spectacle.  I was watching with my girlfriend, who has apparently never seen a wrestling match before.  I was explaining John Cena to her, and his whole history of coming back from overwhelming odds.  I kept saying "Now just wait, he's about to start making his big comeback," and then he just kept getting murdered.  It was pretty great.  Cena took some man-sized bumps on those suplexes.

I would really like to burn Brock's creepy gut-and-low-shorts combo from my mind.

Cena just getting mauled by Brock was brilliant booking.  It would've been dumb to farm out Lesnar to Cena just after the guy breaks the most celebrated run in wrasslin' history.

Rumbling backstage were that Vince was pissed because Brock showed up with no tan.  He locked him in a room for 8 minutes with Hulk Hogan, and Brock came put that gleaming shade of red.  Good show.  Fell asleep during Reigns and Orton.  Watched it back. Orton looked good, but Reigns sucks.  His spear is beyond awful.  It looked like Orton should have gotten up laughing after that piece of shit spear.  Brock/Cena was just something totally different.  The F5 30 seconds in was so awesome.  Loved the match.  If you did not like Ambrose/Rollins then you have no taste in Sports Entertainment.  Great match.  Ambrose is at another level right now, and Rollins picked up the win the way a slimy heel should.  I was impressed by Rusev's selling.  I totally got the vibe that he was in for a turn when Lana was yelling for him to get up after he had no ankle.  Still the fact that he didn't turn makes him an even better heel.  Bray Wyatt, I'm sorry dude....I'm not that into you anymore.  All said and done, good PPV.  The announcing was utter shit.  I find the constant shill for that shit cartoon to be the most annoying part of the show.