DVDVR Message Board

Stuff. Not good. Not bad. Just...stuff.

Cristobal

6 hours ago, Mike Campbell said:

Then I'd ask "What about Uncle S*****?" and it was a resounding no. 

Appropriate you put enough asterisks there for his name to be "Shitty".  Or Smegma?  Or Slobbo!  Or Scabby.  Or ... you get the picture.

• Haha 2

On 1/17/2024 at 7:22 AM, tbarrie said:

The thing that gets me, is that even if you're ignorant of all the stuff you mentioned - it doesn't take a genius to figure out that anybody who did in fact "cure cancer" would be set for life. So the idea that scientists are financially motivated to not cure cancer is impressively stupid as well as being grounded in ignorance.

well Jonas Sulk could have gotten wealthy off of the polio vaccine but was like "fuck it, its free"

But yhea don't go to celebs for commentary on stuff just cause their fame gives them a platform

Just now, zendragon said:

well Jonas Sulk could have gotten wealthy off of the polio vaccine but was like "fuck it, its free"

But yhea don't go to celebs for commentary on stuff just cause their fame gives them a platform

Even worse than that, the guy who discovered insulin and how to produce it sold the patent for $1, thinking that doing so would increase its access. 

100 years, Eli Lilly, Sanofi Aventis, and Novo Nordisk later, a box of pens costs $1000 (thus all the price cap chatter).

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, Contentious C said:

Even worse than that, the guy who discovered insulin and how to produce it sold the patent for $1, thinking that doing so would increase its access. 

100 years, Eli Lilly, Sanofi Aventis, and Novo Nordisk later, a box of pens costs $1000 (thus all the price cap chatter).

Damn, hindsight being 20/20 and all, he probably would have been way better off making a fortune on the patent and then using that to provide universal avenues for easy access to insulin for all who need it. He just thought that practically giving the patent away was the most altruistic way to go about it. Shame how it turned out (in some places).

I think my neighbors might share one brain cell among the 10-12 of them on this end of the hall.

I've had to deal with one brain donor slamming his doors over and over again, because evidently it's impossible to hire a professional to fix the problem.  My door has a door closer on it.  That's...literally all you need to keep it from slamming if you set the tension correctly.  This dipshit?  Well, he's been out in the hall fucking with the door for the last 90 minutes, and has managed to slam it about 30+ times in that time frame while being a fuck-up.  Thanks, dude.

And that's the "good" neighbor, not the drug-dealing wannabe-thug fuckface, or the dumb asshole who lets her child scream like a pig in an abbatoir every time she sets foot in the hallway, or the 'argues at 1 AM through the bedroom wall and slams doors to pout' fuckface.

Got written up by my boss yesterday for using my phone to take a photo of a client file to send to our administrator via WhatsApp to address an urgent issue.

Pointed out that this is common practice, and that they've repeatedly knocked back my request for a work phone despite calls from clients at 2am and on Xmas Day, and that they have no issue with my personal device having logins to our payments system with a few bill under management.

Find out from HR that despite my boss telling me I'm being made redundant in merger and should definitely look elsewhere that I was put on the retainer list weeks ago but my coworker on a contract and 30k less is not.

Pieces falling together...

• Sad 1

the "don't make us have to put your head on a pike" warning on the Vince WSJ thread reminds me that earlier this morning, one of the kittens unleashed chaos by knocking a Johnny Cash bobblehead off a shelf to the floor. The only damage is between the feet and the base, so I think I could superglue it back together. It's in a safer spot for the moment.

The youngest cats are actually sisters, so their dynamic can involve them chasing each other around instead of harassing older cats like solo kittens could do.

• Haha 2

On 1/24/2024 at 4:49 PM, Coletti said:

I don't know where else to post this, but does anybody know how @J.T. is? It's been over a month since he's posted anything 😕

Checking his profile, he hasn't been here since December 10.  Jesus.  Maybe an admin can email him.

• Thanks 2

I haven't heard from directly since before the holidays but I know he was busy with work and family (especially because he had been on the night shift a lot)

He popped up on XBOX a few times this week so I will shoot him a message there but I also think he might just be taking a break from the board

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

To follow up - I checked in with JT

As I suspected - work has been absolutely kicking his ass. He is on a project where basically all he does is work and then come home as pass out at odd hours.

At one point - he was in Alaska where he said it was straight out of 30 Days of Night so I am sure Curt will want to hear all about it.

And Robert - JT still has you as a friend on his Xbox list. You don't have him. So clearly you deleted him in a GTA V rage at one point

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

i'm going ice fishing this weekend. if you remember from my post last year when i went (https://deathvalleydriver.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2346-stuff-not-good-not-bad-juststuff/page/82/#comment-1271226), my leg got ran over and it was pretty gnarly. well, it's as healed as its gonna get. a pretty badass scar but no lasting damage. anyway, the ice isn't very thick but is supposedly safe. temps in the 40s the whole time.  we'll see how that all works out. anyway, i'll be drunk for the next few days. see you on the other side. if i never post here again, i probably didn't make it this time. otherwise you're stuck with me. time will tell.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, twiztor said:

i'm going ice fishing this weekend. if you remember from my post last year when i went (https://deathvalleydriver.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2346-stuff-not-good-not-bad-juststuff/page/82/#comment-1271226), my leg got ran over and it was pretty gnarly. well, it's as healed as its gonna get. a pretty badass scar but no lasting damage. anyway, the ice isn't very thick but is supposedly safe. temps in the 40s the whole time.  we'll see how that all works out. anyway, i'll be drunk for the next few days. see you on the other side. if i never post here again, i probably didn't make it this time. otherwise you're stuck with me. time will tell.

I'm gonna suggest that you not repeat the "leg got ran over" part. Maybe just stick to catching fish this time 🙂

Glad you've healed well and hope you have a great time. 

• Like 3

update: i am home. still alive and in one piece.  temps were lower than expected and there were no major issues. fishing was OK as well. the drinks were (as always) my highlight. 

• Like 6

Been feeling rough as I have a infection in my sinuses and any infection always sets my Cerebral Palsy off. My hips are sore, have been for a while. As a young boy, I was admitted into hospital four times with them. I see my long term pain management doctor this month face to face for the first time since the pandemic (I've had telephone appointments) so he can examine me. Hope he can come up with something. It's a balancing act between moving, resting, doing gym, swimming, pilates with my body working four times harder compared to someone doing the exact same things but without Cerebral Palsy. All ain't helping the depression.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

HRH Charlie 3 just announced he has cancer. 

Though it was found during a prostate procedure, it is not (apparently) prostate cancer.   Much like Diana Spencer was (apparently) not murdered by him and his mother. 

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Though it was found during a prostate procedure, it is not (apparently) prostate cancer.   Much like Diana Spencer was (apparently) not murdered by him and his mother. 

Granted, he basically is a walking prostate, so any cancer in his case would be prostate cancer.

• Haha 3

On 2/5/2024 at 12:49 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

British royal family coverage in the UK is always the most absurd of things. Like the expert mentioning how Charles really wouldn’t do chemo in favor of natural cures.

So, don’t turn off your phone William. We’re about to have a bald headed geek king of England (or a ball-head geek if you don’t believe in pronouncing words)

5 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

British royal family coverage in the UK is always the most absurd of things. Like the expert mentioning how Charles really wouldn’t do chemo in favor of natural cures.

Like trying to say Kate Middleton has NOT had a surgical hysterectomy.